November 20th, 2009
  1. Bill

The fundamental issue is the fact that every industralized country in the world has some kind of universal health care. Why do most people in this country agree that something needs to happen to help the citizens of this country to live healthy lifes. I truly believe that America continues to live what the mother says is a lie. You talk about how this country is the greatest thing since slice bread( unless you are poor, black, brown, native,etc..). You talk about the American way and the American dream like its' some sort of badge of honor...but the truth is that America is the same ol' place that created slaverly, jim crow and segregation in jobs, education and health care...it's not going to change...

November 20, 2009 04:04 pm at 4:04 pm |
  2. Anonymous

Obama is taking months to decide on whether to send more troops to war, yet the Senate is taking less than 2 days to vote on a 2,000 health bill. What is wrong with this picture?

November 20, 2009 04:05 pm at 4:05 pm |
  3. Russ Burns

Did you say you just saw that on Obama Headline News a subsidiary of White House Public Relations Inc??

November 20, 2009 04:13 pm at 4:13 pm |
  4. John Wesley

I understand that CNN wants to maintain a stance as the impartial “middle of the road” news agency – this is good and much needed. However, responsible reporting, especially televised, should be direct and accurate, and not based on two parties pounding away at one another for ratings and talking points founded on ridiculous sound bites and inaccurate snippets. Responsible journalism trumped or neglected for ratings and controversy at the expense of informing and educating the public is wrong. Health reform is of paramount importance to your Nation. CNN have the resources to “set the record straight” regarding the truth fueling the fire in this debate. Challenge those who sound off on your network, whether for or against, with the “facts” not the crap. Follow the money; follow and reveal the motivation in this debate – challenge not pandering.

November 20, 2009 04:15 pm at 4:15 pm |
  5. Russ Burns

Oh and by the way, ten months of the twenty have been on Obama's watch. That meens in my book that he has done zip for the same amount of time as the last administration. Pretty impressive huh!

November 20, 2009 04:17 pm at 4:17 pm |
  6. TCM

Sniffit's a legend in his own mind...hey, maybe that's why he's such an avid Obama follower.....take meee to your leaderrr......

November 20, 2009 04:33 pm at 4:33 pm |
  7. Texas Doc

One thing they both have in common is that the Democratic Majority wrote them in response to demands made by the Majority of Americans. The only ones who object are the minority GOP party of No. Sorry kids, go have a tea party.

November 20, 2009 04:35 pm at 4:35 pm |
  8. Dutch/Bad Newz, VA

No republican should be allowed to use the words "fundamentals" and "economy, healthcare, energy, etc. are strong" in the same sentence. When republicans were in power, they did nothing to address any of these issues and now that their out of power they want to add their two cents to every debate. Dissist GOP.

The coffin closes on the GOP 11/4/10

November 20, 2009 04:40 pm at 4:40 pm |
  9. CBR

We are the people who pay the salaries of those in power. We should be writing letter after letter to reps and senators. Many things in life do not need to be equalized. However, every citizen should have a roof over his/her head, food on the table, a job to cover his/her expenses, a decent education,the four freedoms, and affordable health care.

It is not necessary to debate this on CNN. We should be able to watch this being debate on the floor of the Senate and House of Representatives.

November 20, 2009 04:45 pm at 4:45 pm |
  10. Dutch/Bad Newz, VA

Here's some medical billing 101 for the idiot "Just Say No" bunch. I hear all of you talking about rationed healthcare, but what your uninformed, uneducated @$$ doesn't realize is that your healthcare is already rationed. You honestly believe the for profit insurance compnay is going to cover every procedure your PCP or specialists ask for? Think again!!! Let me give you a little example of what I mean. A specialist office bills the insurance company for eight procedures. But major insurance companies such as Anthem, United Healthcare, Cigna, they will cover probably 4 of those procedures. Who at the insurance company decides what procedures are covered and which ones are not? That goes against a doctor's oath to provide the best treatment possible to bring a patient back to full recovery. Due to the rationing of care by the insurance companies, consequently, the patient returns to the office because they're not fully recovered. I see it everyday. PASS HEALTHCARE/INSURANCE REFOR NOW!!!!!!!

November 20, 2009 04:58 pm at 4:58 pm |
  11. Gerry

Remember people that two bad bills do not make a good bill. Maybe Obama has been in office for ten month but they have all been horrible months. Down the tube America.

November 20, 2009 05:43 pm at 5:43 pm |
  12. Debby

Hey Dutch from VA. where do you get your info from. Anthem blue cross covers just about everything and I suspect if your on a group plan through your employer so do the others.

November 20, 2009 06:06 pm at 6:06 pm |
  13. Dal CA

Hey the last 8 years before Obama took office created the RED INK we are looking at right now. It will take time to FIX those problems.

November 20, 2009 06:38 pm at 6:38 pm |
  14. Senior Lilarose in Oregon

It is my understanding that abortion is LEGAL in the United States.

When, then, can't women who need financial help getting an abortion obtain federal funds?

November 20, 2009 06:40 pm at 6:40 pm |
  15. Kate

The new report by these Dr.s saying now you don't need a pap smear but every other year.......what's new with that? I had a hysterectomy 29 years ago and after I had the surgery the Dr. told me I didn't need a pap test but every 5 years......that is what I have followed and so far everything has turned out OK........reppublicans will continue to use this as a Scare and Fear tactic to stop a Health Care Reform bill.....

November 20, 2009 06:43 pm at 6:43 pm |
  16. Voter

"I will not let my opponents hatred invoke my own, I shell only let it harden my resolve." I wish Democrats and Republicans understood this phrase. The atmosphere on these blogs might be more civil.

November 20, 2009 07:03 pm at 7:03 pm |