November 26th, 2009

CNN Radio: The Afghanistan announcement

CNN Political Editor Mark Preston and CNN's John Lisk discuss President Obama's announcement on Afghanistan next week... and talk a little turkey, too.

Filed under: President Obama
  1. aware

Obama Drama is getting very old!

A twenty minute read would be more than enough! Forty minutes of obfuscating rhetoric in Prime Time is a waste of time! :(

November 26, 2009 03:08 pm at 3:08 pm |
  2. Ruty

Please tell me they are bringing our troops home.

November 26, 2009 03:21 pm at 3:21 pm |
  3. Texas Longhorn talks Truth

I doubt anything Obama does or says will make little difference in Afghanistan. He will not furnish enough to support the troops so he might as well bring them home. After 8 years of not finding and destroying Bin Laden does anyone really think that the U.S. wants him caught. Now dead may be the ideal that way he can not talk about the Iran-Contra affair and our goverments actions.

November 26, 2009 03:37 pm at 3:37 pm |
  4. Willy Brown

Obummer is making Jimmy Carter look smart.

November 26, 2009 04:07 pm at 4:07 pm |
  5. Wise Latina

If the decision has finally been made (after months of naval gazing and dithering), then implement it NOW. But, NoooOOOoo. Everything that the Messiah does has to be politically calculated and accompanied by the photo op. Just do the right thing – real men and women are in harm's way awaiting your hollywood stage production.

O'man is utterly contemptuous and a serious danger to our future.

November 26, 2009 04:20 pm at 4:20 pm |
  6. Stop the War

Brilliant .Throw away valuable resources – both lives and treasure – we can't afford at a problem we made up. This is utter madness. This is not the change that Obama was voted in for. The man is a fraud – it seems the miltary runs this country.

November 26, 2009 04:22 pm at 4:22 pm |
  7. Scott, Tucson

Well it only took wimpbama three months to make a decision. He appears extremely weak and unable to handle any real problems but hey, he wasn't elected for his decision making skills was he.

November 26, 2009 04:31 pm at 4:31 pm |
  8. Mary DuValeus

My husband and I are totally against sending any additional troops to Afghanistan or Iraq. Instead, we should be gradually, but surely, pulling troops out of both of these hell holes. There is no winning this so-called war in Afghanistan. All we have to do is read the history of previous countries who have unsuccessfully tried to "win" this war. Please, please Mr. President, before you make a statement on your final decision, please do not send any more troops; and in fact, we pray you will start bringing our troops home. It is time to bring both wars to an end.

November 26, 2009 04:55 pm at 4:55 pm |
  9. Joe

To my recollection I don't remember a President going to West Point or even any military base to tell them that he is planning to send more troops in Iraq, or now in Afghanistan, untill now. President Obama is planning to go to West Point I guess to give them the good news, and he rather give it to them in person. I just don't anderstand why would he do such move, unless he try to clear his conscious from it. I don't think the man was too anxious to send anyone anyhow. What President Obama is expected to get out of it, I guess a little applause, and that would be good enough for him. That's the way I see it, and I hope I am wrong.

November 26, 2009 05:00 pm at 5:00 pm |
  10. howie

It makes no sense why this decision could not have been made three months ago. Perhaps he could have saved a few lives. Really disappointed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

November 26, 2009 05:18 pm at 5:18 pm |
  11. Willy Brown........

Obama is a better president than any president I ever voted for. I'm a Refiblican who doesn't know how to fib well anymore.........

November 26, 2009 05:32 pm at 5:32 pm |
  12. daniel

Republicans of all people should shut their yaps about this. George Bush took his eye Afghanistan for six years to wage unnecessary war in Iraq. So much could have been done in Afghanistan to build good will in that time, but it was no longer a priority. Remind us once again, Republicans, just how well your boy succeeded in getting Bin Laden. Tell us about how he responded to requests for troops, tell us about his exit strategy. What, can't do it? Then, and I say without the usual affection I attach to the phrase, shove it. For the first time, the United States will have a comprehensive strategy. Your boy did zilch, zippo, nada.

November 26, 2009 05:33 pm at 5:33 pm |
  13. sniffit

I was told if I voted for McCain, the country would become a disaster.

They were right.

November 26, 2009 05:39 pm at 5:39 pm |
  14. Scott, Tucson........

Then again, maybe his thinking (Obama) requires more thought. Intelligent people invoke more thought for a correct decision. And dumb people make decisions in a hurry. Most people out here in tucson think very quickly....and their mistakes exponentially accumulate....

November 26, 2009 05:44 pm at 5:44 pm |