December 1st, 2009
10 months ago

Obama tweaking Afghanistan speech

(CNN) – President Obama is still editing his speech on Afghanistan as he heads to West Point, White House aides said.

As a result, the White House may not release excerpts of his remarks before he delivers this evening's speech, because it is still a work in progress.

Filed under: Afghanistan • President Obama
  1. Brenda in Detroit

How about editing deploy with WITHDRAWAL.

December 1, 2009 06:12 pm at 6:12 pm |
  2. Party Purity will never bring Political Power!

CNN do us all a favor and save hashing the speech until AFTER it has been given.

December 1, 2009 06:12 pm at 6:12 pm |
  3. Chris

Of course the speech is being tweaked. Obama dare not "merely speak" to the American people during these difficult times; he must come across as poetic as ever.

There is so much going on with the wars, the economy, healthcare, heck, Obama might just receive an Emmy nomination for this tale.

December 1, 2009 06:14 pm at 6:14 pm |
  4. Odumbo the buffoon

It doesn't matter how much Odumbo "tweaks" his speech, he will still look like he is at a tennis match with his head bobbing from side to side reading the teleprompter. What a buffoon this man is.

December 1, 2009 06:14 pm at 6:14 pm |
  5. Hot Dog

No matter how good President Obama's oratory skills are I do not support his decision to send additional troops to Afghanistan. We need to put the money that is going to be spent on Afghanistan for issues that exist in this country. I am extremely disappointed with this decision.

December 1, 2009 06:16 pm at 6:16 pm |
  6. CNN, Move On

And...

If you were speaking to millions of people tonight, you'd double check your speech to get it right as well. This is not news CNN, he's tweaking his speech because he CAN.

Some presidents can't read, write or spell, does George-7th-Worst-President-Ever ring a bell? Leave President Obama alone.

December 1, 2009 06:17 pm at 6:17 pm |
  7. still editing

while you are still editing, remember this: many of your voters voted to END these wars, this is not ENDING THE WARS

you will be disappointing many people with what you are about to do

you are a wise man, and there really is no one even close to as good a fit for president as you were and are, BUT if you keep this up, you will not look so good

December 1, 2009 06:20 pm at 6:20 pm |
  8. Tommygunn

GOOD!

The REPUBLICAN spin GOONs will now really have to work with their HATE COMEBACK.....

NOONE, likes these WARS and BUSHCHENNEY didn't do AMERICA any favors RUSHING into WAR oppose to PRAYING and INTERACTION first....

December 1, 2009 06:20 pm at 6:20 pm |
  9. sagin

That is what I call a far-sighted leader.....wow! tweak away mr president...a continuously thinking and reflecting mind does that indeed!

December 1, 2009 06:24 pm at 6:24 pm |
  10. I'm Tweaking Too, CNN

And I'm tweaking my door to door skills for his re-election in 2012. I can't wait to run to the polls to vote for him again.

Obama/Biden 2012

December 1, 2009 06:25 pm at 6:25 pm |
  11. Art - Fresno

I hope he gets it done in time to be put on his teleprompter

December 1, 2009 06:32 pm at 6:32 pm |
  12. Glenn Richardson

Today I had the occasion to listen to commentary by one of your news readers and a guest where, following some of the language of Gov. Huckabee's acknowledgement about granting clemency to the suspect was displayed on a series of screens, the guest said "I didn't see any I in there". Perhaps it would be well to issue a correction in by your news commentary and have the guest withdraw his charge that Huckabee didn't take responsibility. This occurred between 1PM and 2:30PM. Check your tapes.

Please try to be more even handed in your reporting of the news.

Thank you.

December 1, 2009 07:07 pm at 7:07 pm |
  13. C. Farrell, Houston, Tx

Billions will be saved as contractors are ceased from building war equipment after we finish dumping it in Afghan and Iraq. It had to go somewhere in order for them to continue to build, extend their contracts while making billions. WAKEUP PEOPLE.

December 1, 2009 07:24 pm at 7:24 pm |
  14. Debbie

I'm glad we may not know what he is going to say. I am sick of listening to political pundits giving their opinion. It doesn't matter what McCain or Cheney think either because they aren't President. What matters is what the people think. I also won't sit and watch what the pundits or the GOP says was in the speech. I will sit and listen for myself. I really don't need their help in making my own analysis or decisions.

December 1, 2009 07:33 pm at 7:33 pm |
  15. Odumbo the buffoon

Mr. Teleprompter doesn't know how to tweak a speech since he always looks like he is at a tennis match with his head bobbing and weaving while he is reading the teleprompter.

December 1, 2009 07:35 pm at 7:35 pm |
  16. Fitz in Texas

So, why not give this speech from the Oval Office and save a little of the taxpayers money? And think of that carbon footprint Obama wouldn't be leaving if he gave this speech from the Oval Office. Guess Obama thinks that back-drop of West Point is going to help him.

December 1, 2009 08:14 pm at 8:14 pm |
  17. george

..he is fighting terrorist but...must be even stronger ..look at europe, a disaster

December 1, 2009 08:49 pm at 8:49 pm |