December 3rd, 2009
11 months ago

Democrat: 'Ask Tiger, not me'

Approached by reporters Thursday afternoon, Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid invoked the name of embattled golfer Tiger Woods.

Washington (CNN) – Wait a minute: Don't ask me, ask Tiger!

Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid, D-Nevada, invoked the embattled golfer's name Thursday afternoon in an effort to sidestep questions when a group of reporters approached ready to pepper him about the latest developments regarding Afghanistan and health care reform.

"Get the answers from Tiger Woods," Reid, with his tongue firmly planted in his cheek, said even before reporters could ask him a question.

When an aide warned Reid that his quip would "end up on the CNN Web site," the smiling majority leader repeated his previous directive.

"Ask Tiger, not me," Reid said as he walked away from the closed-door briefing he had just received on Afghanistan.

Filed under: Extra • Harry Reid • Popular Posts
  1. Jenn, Philadelphia

Yeah, god forbid Sen. Reid be expected to answer questions about how this government will spend the blood of our soldiers in Afghanistan or spend our money on healthcare.

December 3, 2009 08:29 pm at 8:29 pm |
  2. dwayne

Use reconcilation . We don’t need Nelson, Lincoln, Landrieu and Lieberman.
    We are tired of these senators (bought and paid for by the insurance companies and big pharma) holding our faces to the ground.
    Let Nelson, Lincoln, Landrieu and Joe Lieberman, Connecticut $(having voted for Palin to be vice president in 2008)$ sit on the sideline.
    How can we help Ben and Mary; when all they do is try to hurt the poor, helpless and dying.
    Get rid of language that was inserted in the bill that gives Mary Landrieu’s state up to $300 million. (No Mary; save $300 Million)
    Repeal Antitrust Exemption For Health, Medical Malpractice Insurance Companies. (No Ben; Repeal Antitrust Exemption)
    Dick Cheney (5 deferments) a republican not brave enough to serve in the United States Military (led 8 wasted years in Afghanistan – a failed war).

December 3, 2009 08:30 pm at 8:30 pm |
  3. Aaron

Hahaha! Slow news day, CNN?

December 3, 2009 08:33 pm at 8:33 pm |
  4. Jarad

You've got to be kidding me. Reporters want to know more about the healthcare debate, and THE MAN OF THE SENATE says this. This is why our politicians are jokes. Maybe Reid should hit a fire hydrant on his way home tonight, then we can ask him. Anyone know if he plays golf?

December 3, 2009 08:34 pm at 8:34 pm |
  5. danielle

isnt it their job to answer??

December 3, 2009 08:34 pm at 8:34 pm |
  6. Jim

That has to be the most stupid comment I have ever heard, and then to come from a US Senator??? What an ass.

December 3, 2009 08:37 pm at 8:37 pm |
  7. Amanda

That is really funny, media deserves it

December 3, 2009 08:39 pm at 8:39 pm |
  8. Rob

I guess that's what passes for a joke in Nevada....

December 3, 2009 08:39 pm at 8:39 pm |
  9. Tim Montoya

So what?!? Don't we have more important things to be concerned with?

December 3, 2009 08:39 pm at 8:39 pm |
  10. snowflake

Great Job, Harry!! Now if EVERY POLITICIAN would evoke "Tiger", I truly believe the Congress could get lots more work done in a very timely manner!!

December 3, 2009 08:40 pm at 8:40 pm |
  11. Texas Longhorn talks Truth

This is the kind of answer you get from the Moron Democrats. And to say the least they're fixing our Government socialist health care reform. NO THANK YOU.

December 3, 2009 08:41 pm at 8:41 pm |
  12. The Greatest Ever

reid is a chob

the comment doesnt even make sense

December 3, 2009 08:41 pm at 8:41 pm |
  13. Ive had it

You know I am so upset by Tiger's behavior but Reid's comment is unexcusable! How dare you use this painful event as a filler word when you lack anything to say. Your an idiot!

From a dem. voter who is sick and tired of promises unkept, we voted you all in and look what you are doing!!!!!!! Get another job because you suck at this one.

December 3, 2009 08:44 pm at 8:44 pm |
  14. Lynne

Cute. Real cute. Hardly professional.

December 3, 2009 08:44 pm at 8:44 pm |
  15. mjm

Does this mean that Tiger had an affair with Reid as well?

Tiger has a better chance of getting elected in Nevada than this clown.

December 3, 2009 08:44 pm at 8:44 pm |
  16. Peter

What? So embarrassing! I thought politicians were above this gossip stuff. And what is that suppose to mean? I know what Tiger did, but I don't get it. What's the joke? Who put this guy in charge?

For the most part I side with the D's, but come on. He and Speaker Pelosi say the weirdest stuff.

December 3, 2009 08:52 pm at 8:52 pm |
  17. Harry Peace

This just shows how trashy and rude this person is. The person is supposed to be a leader of the country, and he cannot act civil at any time

December 3, 2009 08:53 pm at 8:53 pm |
  18. Tom

Tiger probably knows more about BOTH topics anyway...only good advice you could get from Reid.

December 3, 2009 09:00 pm at 9:00 pm |
  19. beach bum

What??? Is Tiger a politician now?

December 3, 2009 09:01 pm at 9:01 pm |
  20. TIGER WOODS

I guess Harry Reid and Nevada can lose all the millions I've brought in via my golf tournament and subsequent charities each year!!! What an idiot!!!

December 3, 2009 09:01 pm at 9:01 pm |
  21. Largebill

Kind of childish. Either answer the question or I don't know maybe say "no comment."

December 3, 2009 09:03 pm at 9:03 pm |
  22. DT

Tacky. Sounds about like U.S. senatorial behavior.

"Don't tell my mother I'm a politician. She thinks I play music in a brothel." –rumored to have been said by a Roman senator

December 3, 2009 09:04 pm at 9:04 pm |
  23. New Age Independent

Seriously, how can anyone support the Democrat Party with this kind of leadership. Reid is a complete Moron and needs to be removed from his office.

December 3, 2009 09:07 pm at 9:07 pm |
  24. Ryan

Really? This guy is still in the Senate? How – please someone tell me – can people still vote for him?

December 3, 2009 09:08 pm at 9:08 pm |
  25. jennyskool

What a dim bulb! We need answers about our future, no wonder this moron is in trouble for re-election.............

December 3, 2009 09:09 pm at 9:09 pm |