December 5th, 2009
9 months ago

Virginia welcomes Sarah Palin

Fairfax, Virginia (CNN)– "It feels like home!" That's what Sarah Palin remarked about the snow falling in Fairfax, Virginia - the latest stop on her book signing tour. Several hundred people waited patiently in line Saturday for a chance to meet the former Republican vice presidential candidate.

"It was absolutely worth it," said Billie Jo Melting of Hampton Roads, Virginia. "With Sarah Palin, it's all about family. She talks to the normal person," she said.

Palin's book "Going Rogue" is a best seller and supporters of the former Alaska governor said they did not want to miss the chance to meet her. "She's like Reagan in heels." That's how Chris Bradford of Manassas, Virginia views Palin. "We need somebody like her to get conservatism going again," he said.

Palin was accompanied by her husband Todd and her infant son Trig as she walked into BJ's Wholesale Club in Fairfax. Once inside, Palin signed copies of her book and posed for pictures with fans.

"She's got everything, said Ron Wolfe of Sterling, Virginia."She's just fantastic."

Filed under: Sarah Palin
  1. Lynn

I also hope Palin runs in 2012, that would guarantee the losers would lose again.

December 5, 2009 06:59 pm at 6:59 pm |
  2. Nick - Arlington, VA

LIBERALS FAIL December 5th, 2009 4:57 pm ET

There are numerous reasons to admire Sarah Palin, her courage, her inner strength, her honesty, integrity, her poise, her charm, her knowledge about energy, her leadership ability.
    --------------------------------
    her ability to quit in the middle of her first term, her ability to stoke fears during the campaign that Obama is some sort of terrorist, her ability to claim people should ask questions about the Pres. Birth certificate and then claim she said no such thing a few hours later, her ability to think that questions about what you read are "gotcha" questions, her ability to think that being governor of a state close to Russia magically gives her foreign policy experience, her ability to dodge questions during a Vice-Presidential debate with winks and irrelevant talking points.....yes, quite the record to be impressed with.

December 5, 2009 07:02 pm at 7:02 pm |
  3. Avi Shlomo

Sarah awsome,
    I suppose your 2 cents do not buy much hence all uttered is garbage like Palin. If Palin is a representitive of middle America...you must be wrong as America is far away from white trash!!

December 5, 2009 07:02 pm at 7:02 pm |
  4. kr

I wish people would research back to 2008 up until the present; Ms. Palin has answered questions to the media that made her not qualified to be a President. She quit governor to make millions of dollars on a book that is about lies and settling scores with numerous people including the McCain campaign who gave this woman a voice. She just received another ethics against her in Alaska. And why don't you ask the Alaska people what has she done. You are too afraid that true answers will spoil your delusions. No I am republican but I have sense enough to realize when something is not right. She only tours these small towns and not the big ones; to go full strength against the President of the United States. And by chance if she should run she has a lot to prove and if she loses what will your delusions be then. CNN you probably will not print this but I for one of sick and tired of your constantly putting SP on your tickler; at this time she is not a candidate only someone out to try and destroy our President with all the things going on that are going on in this country.

December 5, 2009 07:17 pm at 7:17 pm |
  5. Independent Lilarose, Bandon, Oregon

With Sarah, it's "all about family?"

I think not!

She has a disfunctional family if ever there was one! Geez...

I think our President Obama and his wife and his two daughters are as good as it gets for "family." And with Mrs. Obama's mother helping out, they have embraced another generation.

December 5, 2009 07:17 pm at 7:17 pm |
  6. Dee

I don't understand where all this Sarah is... She is an Alaskian Country Beauty Bumpkin who Mc Cain grabbed for his ticket. She uses her son a prop and it is working. Why does Americans allow this? She is a Girl- Child, using Rush's standards I think, in the national arena.

December 5, 2009 07:18 pm at 7:18 pm |
  7. Ken in NC

One person commented that Sarah Palin is such a hard worker. I will not argue that point but only state that I am waiting for her to complete something she starts. She quit the Turkey Race to avoid all the crowds at the finish line. Hell, those were her supporters waiting to see her. She resigned as Gov. to avoid being a Lame Duck. You can only be a Lame Duck in your last term when you can no longer run. Have I missed something she has started and finished?

December 5, 2009 07:21 pm at 7:21 pm |
  8. Baker

To all you Palin supporters please give me a break. McCain pulled her out of Alaska with the hope that she would attract the female voters. She was not qualified to be the VP and she is not even close to qualified to be the President, he does not have the guts to say that he made a big mistake. I am sick of hearing the BS about her being more qualified than President Obama, that's right PRESIDENT Obama!

Please Right wingers select her as your candidate, I am going to enjoy the debates more than I did with McCain. Her latest comment about the birth certificate is a clear indicator of her intelligence. I am going to vote for President Obama again in 2012 and I feel confident that all the BS coming from, Palin, Beck Boss Hog! Hannity , I could go on and on but it is not going to matter. He will get a second term and that is a fact. HOOAH!

December 5, 2009 07:23 pm at 7:23 pm |
  9. Borkenstein

What Maggody reports is either an aberration or outright lie. She is merely a mouthpiece for SEIU brownshirts who accuse the opposition of what they are most guilty of.

December 5, 2009 07:23 pm at 7:23 pm |
  10. Squigman

It amazes me how the news media in the nation are hell bent on shoving this pathetic person down the throats of the American people. I've seen smarter people, with ideas that put this person to shame, passed over as if they were nothing but shadows. What's they're motive for doing this? Why is this person special?

December 5, 2009 07:24 pm at 7:24 pm |
  11. MP

Talks to the" normal person"? Wow!! What is she, then ?The goddess of scarecrows( no brains but a good dancer?).Love her family dynamics too– how long has she left her infant son alone this year?

December 5, 2009 07:25 pm at 7:25 pm |
  12. Pragmatic

Now is the "real Virginia" republicans talked about or just the rest of us ordinary Americans who live in Virginia???

Always get a chuckle reading "liberals fail" posts ... leadership? That's why she quit her elected position as Governor? You're talking about the VP candidate who thought the job of the VP was to "run the Senate!" Integrity is NOT charging the state per diam expenses while you live at home ... the list is long ... the videos will live forever ... and by the way – preaching abstinence only with an unmarried pregnant daughter is not class – nor is having your husband running with a group that wants Alaska to leave the Union ... some people have such low standards!

December 5, 2009 07:26 pm at 7:26 pm |
  13. u2canfail

I hope the GOP runs Palin in 2012. It will be a fun campaign. With only FAUX NEWS to talk to, lots of "no facts fluff" publicity, without real questions. Like the constant email barage against Obama, all poo, no facts. Palin talk, plain talk, absolutely, no facts, not lies, just NO FACTS. She is perfect for a GOP candidate. Katie wasn't hard on her, she simply had no answers.

Class act? Sarah rocks and sinks like a stone. Works hard or... does she simply quit. Is she Governor? Yes she supports you birthers, but she has to clarify her position for whom? She is the same exciting person as RUSH. Obnoxious publicity seeking, bookselling soap opera political hack. She can dish, she can't take it.

Virginia should love her, 3rd grade education, can't read, no teeth, don't like anyone not like themselves, just like TN, AL, MS.... Where do they rank? Palin country!

December 5, 2009 07:30 pm at 7:30 pm |
  14. In the West

Palin is mediocrity personified. No wonder she's so popular. Keep loving her, losers!

December 5, 2009 07:30 pm at 7:30 pm |
  15. from the middle

I look for a quitter & anger in my presidential wanna-be.

December 5, 2009 07:32 pm at 7:32 pm |
  16. lisa

after disgracing Ft Hood by exploiting it with her book tour last night. She should've had some respect and not gone there. NO TACT.

December 5, 2009 07:34 pm at 7:34 pm |
  17. Carmen

Was this in the real Virginia or the fake Virginia?

Whatever, she's got a book to peddle on her fake bus tour. I certainly won't be buying because I think she's an idiot. That she has so many supporters is crazy.

December 5, 2009 07:35 pm at 7:35 pm |
  18. lisa

How can you people LOVE someone who speaks garbled english and has little political knowledge, quits her job...and label her as having a backbone and strong? LMAO

December 5, 2009 07:36 pm at 7:36 pm |
  19. Kim

I am aAA dem of over 20 years and I think that Sarah Palin is awesome. What kills me is the Elitist attitude of some liberals that feels like only those that have everything handed to them is worthy. Well let me tell you this someone who struggles and have to work hard for what they get is always more appreciative. Instead of looking at her as someone who didn't go to harvard or one of the other elite schools,. I look at her as someone that did not give up on her education and pushed herself to succeed, she is self made and there are more of us out here than the elitist. I went to a prestigeous black university and got my degree in 4 and my MBA in 2. However, my sister dropped out of college 2 times and kept going back and now she has her BS and her MBA she never give up and we were so proud of her, that does not make her dumb it makes her strong. You people are vile and ignorant. Your reasoning is not sound when it comes to Sarah Palin. I don't agree with all of her politics, but I believe in her detrmination.

December 5, 2009 07:36 pm at 7:36 pm |
  20. Willa-PA

UGH!!! A barracuda in sheeps clothing.

December 5, 2009 07:40 pm at 7:40 pm |
  21. Frozone

Where is Trig's birth certificate? We know Bristol is the real mother of that child. But who is the father? Could it be the first dude? Why won't Sarah acknowledge these legitimate questions?

December 5, 2009 07:43 pm at 7:43 pm |
  22. Bugl3t

Delusional. Seriously scary that anyone could think this woman honest... I guess these folks are still waiting for that reality check in the mail.

December 5, 2009 07:45 pm at 7:45 pm |
  23. Chris

Looks like the Palin koolaid drinkers are too blind to see that she doesn't care about them. She's a nasty vile individual who treats people who disagree with her like garbage. Thank god she already ruined her chance at the Presidency.

December 5, 2009 07:48 pm at 7:48 pm |
  24. Marc Taylor

Isn't that where the "real Americans" are? (per Palin)

Nothing against Virginia, but Palin has shown that she's all about "the money" and that she grew "bored" of serving the people in Alaska.

December 5, 2009 07:51 pm at 7:51 pm |
  25. Perusing-through

Congressman Alan Grayson (Florida): "The Republicans are divided into to two camps; the liars that lead and the gullible ones that follow". Sarah Palin's book signing in Fairfax, VA proves Grayson correct again.

It was just last year LYING Sarah Palin (and John McCain's brother) blasted Northern Virginia (NOVA) voters as "not real Americans" and "unpatriotic". She totally ignored a million Americans in NOVA and DC Metro who serve or support military installations, DoD agencies, and defense related corporations. Yet, the gullible GOP ditto-heads flocked to Palin's book signing so she can take their $16.00 and continue publicly beatings of GOP in NOVA (as she did in GOP upper NY).

December 5, 2009 07:53 pm at 7:53 pm |