December 10th, 2009
9 months ago

Grayson to Cheney: Time to 'STFU'

Grayson to Cheney: Time to ‘STFU’
Grayson to Cheney: Time to ‘STFU’

Washington (CNN) – Outspoken Rep. Alan Grayson has a message for blunt-speaking former Vice President Dick Cheney: stop talking.

Responding to the former VP’s criticism of President Obama’s national security policy, including his decision to try accused 9/11 mastermind Khalid Sheikh Mohammed in civilian court, the Florida Democrat lapsed into Web-speak.

“You know, on the internet there's an acronym that's used to apply to situations like this. It's called ‘STFU,’” Grayson said on MSNBC’s Hardball. “I don't think I can say that on the air, but I think you know what that means.” The letters are an acronym for “shut the f*** up.”

Cheney has been a vocal critic of the president’s policies, telling Fox News earlier this week that the extended decision-making process on Afghanistan “feeds into sort of the basic al Qaeda strategy” by fueling a sense of uncertainty on the future direction of U.S. involvement.

Filed under: Alan Grayson • Dick Cheney • Popular Posts
  1. Big Ed

It's about time someone stood up to Cheney in his own language. How can Cheney, with a straight face tell the American public that President Obama does not care for his country, when "Darth Vader" turned in five deferrments when asked to serve his country in Vietnam? He is a war profiteer with questionable policies regarding "Bush's Wars".

December 10, 2009 11:36 am at 11:36 am |
  2. Michael

Cheney is a moron.When he was in office you never heard from him cause he was always hiding and was rarely seen in public unless he was out with friends that he was shooting.I would say more to him then STFU.A MORON AND A THEIF HE IS.I have stronger words for him but i will save it.Cheyney crawl under a rock and go die there.

December 10, 2009 11:37 am at 11:37 am |
  3. I support the President

Thank you once again, Rep. Grayson, for speaking the truth and saying what I wish I could say to Mr. Cheney! I have never seen a more un-patriotic, un-American, embarrasing display of bitterness from a former VP in my lifetime!

December 10, 2009 11:37 am at 11:37 am |
  4. reuel

Grayson, you are a real class act, "Not". Cheney has forgot more about goverment then you will ever know. I have noticed that all of the left love to blame people for everything, but only in a general statement that gets a headline and has no factual basis. They attack fact with gotcha things like "STFU" how childish.

December 10, 2009 11:37 am at 11:37 am |
  5. Sue Sandifer

Does Grayson not remember Freedom of Speech. Who is he to tell Cheney to shut up?????

December 10, 2009 11:37 am at 11:37 am |
  6. Mark in Tennessee

Cheney needs to be reminded that he and G.W. Bush turned their backs on Afghanistan to prosecute the un-necessary war in Iraq. And now Cheney's got the nerve to criticize Obama who's working to finish the war that he (Cheney) and Bush "surrendered" to the Taliban.

December 10, 2009 11:38 am at 11:38 am |
  7. Madsal

I totally agree with Mr. Grayson. Cheney and the Bush screwed this country up so bad that he thinks this is the way it should be. I think he was the driving force behind most of the screw ups of the Bush administration and he is such a coward that he sat there and hid behind Bush , now he comes out running his "diarrhea mouth" off with nothing but hatred because the country's evaluation of them was not what he thought it would be. Why doesn't he just wear a sign on his back saying "I HAYE OBAMA TO THE CORE". The news media gives him too much attention. Cheney, go somewhere and bury your head in the sand.

December 10, 2009 11:38 am at 11:38 am |
  8. Big John

Senator Grayson is fast becoming one of my favorite politicians, though "Dead Eye Dick" is barely worth reprimanding. Why lower yourself to that level?

December 10, 2009 11:38 am at 11:38 am |
  9. Troy B.

OK, that's hilarious.

December 10, 2009 11:38 am at 11:38 am |
  10. Jeff Brown in Jersey

You are correct. Cheney had his opportunities and he blew them over and over again! Shut up you Dick!

December 10, 2009 11:38 am at 11:38 am |
  11. Fan of Common Sense

CHENEY 2012!!!!!!

(Not going to happen of course, but I love saying it anyway.) :-)

December 10, 2009 11:38 am at 11:38 am |
  12. k archer

The Dems need to get behind Grayson a little bit more. He's doing the heavy lifting they all are afraid to do. BTW it IS time for "Dick" to crawl back into his hole and go away

December 10, 2009 11:38 am at 11:38 am |
  13. badger

Finally someone has the right message for Cheney STFU.
    Now if only Palin could STFU and the news media would quit reporting on the both of them the world would be a better place.

December 10, 2009 11:38 am at 11:38 am |
  14. Grundoon

Every prediction Cheney makes is wrong. He should STFU!!

I love this Grayson guy!! You go, Alan!!! We need more like you!!

December 10, 2009 11:38 am at 11:38 am |
  15. Donatella

Thank you Mr. Grayson

December 10, 2009 11:38 am at 11:38 am |
  16. Independent Thinker

Is there any question that Alan Grayson is the most self-loving, egotistical piece of crap currently in Congress? You think conservatives are closed-minded, this guy takes the cake. If you don't agree with him, you can STFU. Free speech? I don't think so. Why don't you just STFU. Two party system with debate among opposing sides? Ha, STFU.

Also, I love this guy's tie, although I am surprised that someone who treats our hard-earned dollars like Monopoly money also would be so brazen about it. I guess they won 2008 so big that they think they are invincible? Talk about insult to injury.

Independents, we need to unite in 2010 and remind all Congressman, Republicans and Democrats alike, that they work for us.

December 10, 2009 11:38 am at 11:38 am |
  17. tdr

For eight years the Democrats blasted the Bush administration over their policies (and they continue to do so) and now they have the nerve to tell Mr. Cheney to STFU! You've got to be kidding. I guess that is par for the course. The RNC lets the Dems have their Hollywood production without any static, but when the GOP holds it's convention the DEM supporters riot in the streets. Funny how there always seems to be two different standards when it come to acceptable behavior and the Democratic Party.

December 10, 2009 11:39 am at 11:39 am |
  18. Keith

I couldn't agree more. Cheney is either insane or an idiot. He needs to sit down, shut up, and let the smart people fix the mess he and his former boss left behind.

December 10, 2009 11:39 am at 11:39 am |
  19. Paul

Way to go Mr. Grayson. Cheney has oral diahhea now. He had his mouth shut for 8 years....it's finally catching up to him. If we wait long enough, maybe Cheney will start to become human! Nah.

December 10, 2009 11:39 am at 11:39 am |
  20. Madsal

I totally agree with Mr. Grayson. Cheney and the Bush screwed this country up so bad that he thinks this is the way it should be. I think he was the driving force behind most of the screw ups of the Bush administration and he is such a coward that he sat there and hid behind Bush , now he comes out running his "diarrhea mouth" off with nothing but hatred because the country's evaluation of them was not what he thought it would be. Why doesn't he just wear a sign on his back saying "I HATE OBAMA TO THE CORE". The news media gives him too much attention. Cheney, go somewhere and bury your head in the sand.

December 10, 2009 11:39 am at 11:39 am |
  21. ljw

It is about time that Dick Cheney took the cue of former President Bush and be silent. He has nothing to add at this point to progress on national security. There is very little respect around the country for his opinion.

December 10, 2009 11:39 am at 11:39 am |
  22. Steve

Cheney really is an evil little man. He had his shot at running things and he and the whole Bush administration are potentially the worst administration in the history of this country.

December 10, 2009 11:39 am at 11:39 am |
  23. p

Love that guy, Grayson!

December 10, 2009 11:39 am at 11:39 am |
  24. Brett

I wish this guy was my rep!! Finally a democrat with some guts!!

December 10, 2009 11:39 am at 11:39 am |
  25. Randy

LOL!!!!!

Go Grayson! This is one Democrat who has the balls to say what everyone only thinks. In reality, what he said should be said to a lot of the doomsayers in our government.

December 10, 2009 11:39 am at 11:39 am |