December 10th, 2009
6 months ago

Grayson to Cheney: Time to 'STFU'

Grayson to Cheney: Time to ‘STFU’
Grayson to Cheney: Time to ‘STFU’

Washington (CNN) – Outspoken Rep. Alan Grayson has a message for blunt-speaking former Vice President Dick Cheney: stop talking.

Responding to the former VP’s criticism of President Obama’s national security policy, including his decision to try accused 9/11 mastermind Khalid Sheikh Mohammed in civilian court, the Florida Democrat lapsed into Web-speak.

“You know, on the internet there's an acronym that's used to apply to situations like this. It's called ‘STFU,’” Grayson said on MSNBC’s Hardball. “I don't think I can say that on the air, but I think you know what that means.” The letters are an acronym for “shut the f*** up.”

Cheney has been a vocal critic of the president’s policies, telling Fox News earlier this week that the extended decision-making process on Afghanistan “feeds into sort of the basic al Qaeda strategy” by fueling a sense of uncertainty on the future direction of U.S. involvement.

Filed under: Alan Grayson • Dick Cheney • Popular Posts
  1. Steve in Denver

Gosh, I'd like to move back to Florida so I could vote for this guy! Finally, someone with fortitude on the D side of the aisle to join Kuchinich! Maybe we'll get some guts in the congress after all!

December 10, 2009 12:01 pm at 12:01 pm |
  2. SNAPPA

YOU GO GRAYSON!! This guy is awsome maybe you can run for president you'd have my vote.

December 10, 2009 12:01 pm at 12:01 pm |
  3. Mike S., New Orleans

I love Grayson. He tells it like it is. Cheney, on the other hand, is a proven liar and charleton.

December 10, 2009 12:02 pm at 12:02 pm |
  4. Nancy Solle

Thank you, Rep. Grayson!

December 10, 2009 12:02 pm at 12:02 pm |
  5. Jessica @ work

THANK you. Did the man not have 8 years to make a difference? He can STFU now. I agree, even with the bluntness.

December 10, 2009 12:02 pm at 12:02 pm |
  6. Rennee Stevens

I totoally agree Cheney should "STFU"!!!!!!!

December 10, 2009 12:02 pm at 12:02 pm |
  7. adam

fitting that the democrat is wearing a monopoly money tie; getting ready for the actual value of the US dollar

December 10, 2009 12:02 pm at 12:02 pm |
  8. Bob

He, as well as most all Republicans are not capable of shutting up. Talking is ok BUT they have nothing to say. Talk about poor losers. Sorry, but America can not with stand you again.

December 10, 2009 12:02 pm at 12:02 pm |
  9. Dave

What moderation would that be?

December 10, 2009 12:02 pm at 12:02 pm |
  10. D-DUB

Rep Grayson you are my new hero

December 10, 2009 12:02 pm at 12:02 pm |
  11. ProudLib

Dick Cheney is going to spend the rest of his life trying to defend how badly he, Bush and Rumsfeld misjudged Iraq and screwed things up while in office. It appears a big part of that defense lies in attacking Obama for dismantling the worst of his policies. I only wish there were more Graysons in Congress to call Cheney on his tiresome apologisms.

December 10, 2009 12:02 pm at 12:02 pm |
  12. aneanderthal

What an absolutely charming man and a great representative of the liberals that are in charge of this country. Brook no dissent, tell the opposition to shut up and then claim they never say anything. He totally exemplifies the hypocritical, mean spiritied, stupidity that is liberalism. I can only hope he keeps it up until he goes down with all of the other libertards in 2010.

December 10, 2009 12:02 pm at 12:02 pm |
  13. UV

Someone has guts to be so blunt. I like it!!

December 10, 2009 12:02 pm at 12:02 pm |
  14. Tony

Amen! Truer words couldn't have been spoken about one of the dirtiest scoundrels the White House has ever seen! I distinctly remember him dropping the F-bomb at another person on the Senate floor. Respect is a two-way sreet! So Cheney.... STFU!!!!

December 10, 2009 12:03 pm at 12:03 pm |
  15. Dean

LOL Alan we love you keep up the good work.

December 10, 2009 12:03 pm at 12:03 pm |
  16. Jim Peek (Atlanta)

I think this goes a little beyond the line. A member of the house telling a former VP to "STFU"? I mean that's pretty low class

December 10, 2009 12:03 pm at 12:03 pm |
  17. June

How about the other way around?

December 10, 2009 12:03 pm at 12:03 pm |
  18. AngieS

Thank you Mr. Grayson!! Finally someone actually has the guts to say what we have all been thinking. Cheney has had his 8 years as king and now his time is finally over. He needs to go away, now.

December 10, 2009 12:03 pm at 12:03 pm |
  19. Mr. Semaj

Long time coming, especially since Cheney is too much of a wuss to run for President himself.

December 10, 2009 12:03 pm at 12:03 pm |
  20. was

..and he's right...!

December 10, 2009 12:03 pm at 12:03 pm |
  21. hatecheney

You know, I think I've fallen in love with someone in Congress for the very first time.

December 10, 2009 12:04 pm at 12:04 pm |
  22. Dale

Chaney is a moron. Go hid in a hole as during 9/11 and do us all a favor.

December 10, 2009 12:04 pm at 12:04 pm |
  23. John

Last I heard we have free speech protected by a Constitution. Oh that's right only if you are a Liberal. I'm not a Chaney backer but this guy is an embarrassment to the Congress of the United States.

December 10, 2009 12:04 pm at 12:04 pm |
  24. Carl

Cheney's credibilty is zero but as long as media outlets give him a platform we'll get to hear him lie through his teeth...

December 10, 2009 12:04 pm at 12:04 pm |
  25. robbi

I cant believe the media is giving cheney a forum in which to speak at all. What does that say about the media when they know the damage he has done to our soldiers and sons and daughtersnot to mention the harm to this country. This speaks poorly of the press.

December 10, 2009 12:04 pm at 12:04 pm |