December 17th, 2009
6 months ago

Happy Holidays, (Your Name)!

ALT TEXT

A new interactive holiday video from Organizing for America, President Obama's political arm at the Democratic National Committee, lets viewers customize the on-screen holiday card "signed" by the president with their own name and choice of holiday greetings. (The messages are pre-selected by OFA, then chosen from a drop-down list. The name field is open.)

Filed under: OFA • President Obama
  1. Jane/Seattle

CUTE, Clever Idea! But send me "Good" Medicare-type Health Care and I'll like/accept greetings and consider them sincere options to send to others! Christmas and New Year's Beginnings do not Change Realities! WARfare is not much of a Greeting for this Coming New Year! Right Now, Obama's name is Mud for me! No, thanks!

December 17, 2009 03:25 pm at 3:25 pm |
  2. Jon

How about Merry Christmas.

December 17, 2009 03:27 pm at 3:27 pm |
  3. Jon

Merry Christmas.

December 17, 2009 03:27 pm at 3:27 pm |
  4. Drew

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year

December 17, 2009 03:29 pm at 3:29 pm |
  5. Franky, Land of Lincoln

Do you know what I want for Christmas? For once, I want our leaders to do their best, that's all I want.

Heck, I'm only getting a sweater for Christmas, I ain't special, :)

December 17, 2009 03:32 pm at 3:32 pm |
  6. Diane Dagenais Turbide

Very nice touch!

December 17, 2009 03:33 pm at 3:33 pm |
  7. BEA ROZA

Happy Holidays Keep pushing for what you believe in

December 17, 2009 03:37 pm at 3:37 pm |
  8. strong

Awww, happy holidays to you too Barky.

We are both left handed. That's ALL we have in common. Thanks for .... everything, whatever.

December 17, 2009 03:40 pm at 3:40 pm |
  9. Sarah So. Jersey

This can NOT just be happening to me!

I have tried to call the NJ dept. of unemployment since Nov. 30 when my 2 months disability terminated.

I have tried to call about 30 or 40 times and EVERY time the phone menu says DUE TO HIGH CALL VOLUME we cannot take your call please call back later.

I have listened to the menu tell me about 30 times how easy it is to file online at such and such website.

When I try to file online I am told there is a problem, such as an account has already been set up w/my ss number and i must CALL to clear up the problem. I am told to call the SAME number that DUE TO HIGH CALL VOLuME is UNABLE to take my call.

as a panic result I have faxed correspondence and also sent same in certified us mail.

now I am calling from out of state (as I am not able to pay rent in NJ without a job)

I guess I will also contact the dept. of Justice and the NJ governor and any news agency interested in this situation which is certainly deplorable.

Pls. advise me how I am able to claim my entitled unemployment benefits.

sincerely, ___________ and at above email address

the address below is my LAST but NOT CURRENT address; I am no longer able to gather mail at the Cherry Hill address.

December 17, 2009 03:41 pm at 3:41 pm |
  10. sifto77

Merry Christmas to the actor in chief–and to think they make fun of Palin for trying to get attention! This guy takes the cake!

December 17, 2009 03:45 pm at 3:45 pm |
  11. Pelosi's a see-you-en-tea

How egotistical of the POTUS.

December 17, 2009 03:46 pm at 3:46 pm |
  12. Steve

How cheesy. This is all it takes to make a liberal all warm and fuzzy? A gimmick like this and libs sing Obama praises? What a bunch of ignorant, blind, incompetent socialists. Enjoy it while you can, cause the gravy train doesn't run forever. Liberals are bottom feeders, The tide is out right now giving libs the allusion of being better than they are. When the tide comes back in, libs will still be on the bottom. If you voted for Obama you got short-changed!!!

December 17, 2009 03:56 pm at 3:56 pm |
  13. T'SAH from Virginia

And I will go there and get MINE and I will tell EVERYONE in my family who do not know about it that it PERSONNALLY came from President Obama...... YES I CAN!!!

Merry Christmas to YOU, Michelle, Sasha and Malia.... and a HAPPY KWANZAA too!!

I guess we will get a HAPPY KWANZAA from the White House this year because during the last EIGHT, it was NEVER mentioned!! (Well, I really cannot speak for the last eight but I know last year HE DID NOT!!)

December 17, 2009 03:59 pm at 3:59 pm |
  14. seebofubar

This guy is the most self serving egotist that this country has ever seen. Who, with any self respect would want a Christmas Card signed by this fool.

December 17, 2009 04:07 pm at 4:07 pm |
  15. all the news that's fit to omit

This jerk doesn't even want Christmas, REMEMBER he wanted to do away with the Manger scene and make the "Holidays" more non-religous, oops my bad, THIS WAS ONLY REPORTED BY THE NEW YORK TIMES and nobody else ran with it.

Watch next year there will be NO Oprah and less scutiny, this lying fraud WILL not have the usual Christmas stuff at the WH fact.

I bet you sheep, YOU WILL NOT see the "family" leaving a church next week, he can't seem to be able to replace the good Reverend Wright, maybe he has him on tape?

If this was Bush, you libtards would be screaming that he was mixing religioun with politics, but this is THE ANNOINTED one and the sheep bleat at his bahhhhhh, bahhhhhh greatness based on nothing.

December 17, 2009 04:09 pm at 4:09 pm |
  16. Dominican Mama 4 Obama (the real one)

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to our AWESOME President AND to my fellow bloggers, Republicans and Democrats alike! Health and Joy to you all this season and every day of the coming year!!

Dominican mama 4 Obama

P.S.

Sarah, may Santa Claus bring you some brains this year!!!! lmao, couldn't resist! :)

December 17, 2009 04:10 pm at 4:10 pm |
  17. Amber

I would like to get a card.

December 17, 2009 04:13 pm at 4:13 pm |
  18. Otto

Another lefty here but I hold my pen in a not so unusual way. I wonder...did he go through the hell I went though as a child? My eldest brother gave me hell because I am lefty and he righty.

Years later, we would talk about our young years and would have lots of fun knowing he wanted me to be righty. Too bad...I prefer my lefty status and he can keep his righty.

Happy Holidays! BO and while you are at it, get yourself another white sock.

December 17, 2009 04:15 pm at 4:15 pm |
  19. Steph

All I want for Christmas is health care reform.

December 17, 2009 04:16 pm at 4:16 pm |
  20. michael armstrong sr. TX.

How about putting some money in those cards.

December 17, 2009 04:18 pm at 4:18 pm |
  21. rusty lawson

merry xmas and happy new year.

December 17, 2009 04:20 pm at 4:20 pm |
  22. patNY

Happy Holidays? Please! There's only 2 religious holidays going on now – Hannukka and Christmas! So, why not give the option of actually putting in either Happy Hannukka or Merry Christmas, with Happy New Year added in as well? And no, sorry, but Kwanza is not a religious holiday...it was a culture creation back in the 1960s.

December 17, 2009 04:25 pm at 4:25 pm |
  23. Amber

So how do I get a card?

December 17, 2009 04:28 pm at 4:28 pm |
  24. moosehead

Look folks,.. all of you from the LEFT, RIGHT and CENTRE,.. can we not put aside all the sniping and politics for a few days, and revel in the spirit of the season. MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL.

December 17, 2009 04:29 pm at 4:29 pm |