December 18th, 2009
  1. Concerned American

What new poll? Oh, it has to be the one that the President of the United States is handing out money to foreign countries trying to bankrupt the US..voters on this one are the foreigners living in the US that's why the poll is up!!! – I cannot believe how pres Obama can spend so much money traveling (wrong, that is taxpayers' money) when faster communication can be done by internet conferences, etc. Pres Obama should settle in the US and solve the problems here (what he was elected for) first before running around to other countries. Also, Pres Obama should STOP immediately from handing out American money to foreign countries. OBAMA SHOULD START ACTING AS THE PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES AND TAKE CARE OF THE AMERICAN PEOPLE LIVING IN THE UNITED STATES!!!

December 18, 2009 04:10 pm at 4:10 pm |
  2. Maureen Chapman

The partisanship displayed in some of the above posts is really appalling. The guy is doing a better job than the last administration - in fact, the last administration bankrupted this country in so many ways they are almost uncountable. America has a very short memory and everyone wants everything now. As a people we have no patience and are disappointed that the President hasn't "Fixed" the economy left in shambles. Things don't turn around over night. Thank God the right wing of the loony party is out of power - if there is a God they will stay out of power forever. There is no room in our democracy for right wing or left wing craziness.

December 18, 2009 04:12 pm at 4:12 pm |
  3. Moderate Democrat

You know a person's doing a great job when republicans and/or conservatives are complaining. While witnessed these domestic terrorists (Republicans) RUIN this country, we are assured that what ever they are FOR, going in the opposite direction is the best course fo action.

December 18, 2009 04:12 pm at 4:12 pm |
  4. bb

He has only given lip service and put your great grandchildren in debt.
    Get real he turned the U.S. into the butt end for world jokes. He did have a beer with a cop after calling him stupid. He did fly around like Madonna. He did bring terrorist to N.Y. He called Teddy the lady Killer a hero, we know the Kennedys are crooks. He did shut down our best foothold on Cuba. My personnal favorite is hes done nothing about the economy, probably should give ACORN, more money. He did waffer on every decision, He did give himself a B plus, what a freaking jerk, this great change alright= forclosures and unemployment are up. Way to go Oblunder, you are worse than Jimmy THE LOSER CARTER, that should make you proud. Pull hard and please work on America and quit being an inept jerk.

December 18, 2009 04:12 pm at 4:12 pm |
  5. If you want something ruined, put a republican in charge

He is doing fairly well considering the crap GOP is dealing him. He will be reelected, as he is far better than the dumbest president in U.S. history, George W.

December 18, 2009 04:13 pm at 4:13 pm |
  6. WHAT!

President Obama is doing an excellent job...

December 18, 2009 04:14 pm at 4:14 pm |
  7. Peter s

Although I never stand for political correctness, these guys are doing a commendable job ,bearing in mind what they inherited. All the indicators shows they have stopped the bleedings although the patient(economy) is still in the intensive care unit bloated with feeding tubes. I may be not an intellectual Ararat but I can forecast and make great predictions that, after four years AMERICA will be the bed of roses again!!!

December 18, 2009 04:14 pm at 4:14 pm |
  8. If you want something ruined, put a republican in charge

Bush has been proudly wearing the "Most Inept President Ever" award since 9-11-2001.

December 18, 2009 04:14 pm at 4:14 pm |
  9. FL Voter

I think President Obama is doing a good job. Let's face it–he is a vast improvement from the last administration–hands down.

Instead of vacations, President Obama has actually been working diligently for the American people in his first year. Godspeed, Mr. President.

December 18, 2009 04:15 pm at 4:15 pm |
  10. Ms. DO

I am 70 years old, I have seen racism, linching; cotton picking; segregation; intergation and the list goes on; The hate that is openly against President Obama is shameful and sinful in this day and time! it is obvious that the hate that we are witnessing comes from family table talk; raising young people to think evil and do evil against people! the past administration brought self destruction on all of us! rest assure the evil minds of the republicans; tea party people and the so call democrats who are working with the republicans because President Obama is Black is causing this Country to Kill itself! they would rather have a dog leading than a black man! and he is not totally black, his mama was white; and these people go to church and say that they are God's People! SHAME! SHAME! SHAME!

December 18, 2009 04:15 pm at 4:15 pm |
  11. Linda from Minnesota

I find it so sad that this country is so divided. I am guilty too. I admit I have little tolerance for the right who I view as close minded and bigoted. We are so busy attacking each other and no one but President Obama is working for everyone.

Our congress needs to quit bickering, putting their party first and do what is best for the American people. I'd love to have a meaningful conversation with the right but in my view, they are not interested in any conversation, just too busy tearing down everything President Obama does or telling me I am unAmerican because I do not think like they do.

The right probably views my kind the way I do them. How very sad for this country.

December 18, 2009 04:16 pm at 4:16 pm |
  12. If you want something ruined, put a republican in charge

Jeff from Chicago should read a paper or watch a news program from real media, not the lies and made up crap from Fox Flatulence.

December 18, 2009 04:16 pm at 4:16 pm |
  13. IndiePA

I must be one of the "less than 50%" who are scared to death of what this man has in the works for this country. I voted for him. I'm a lifelong Democrat. But, 1) any "healthcare reform" that takes money away from Medicare recipients (who have contributed to it for years); 2) the support he will give to Guiterrez's new amnesty legislation, 3) the move toward a "North American Uniot" which will, in effect, make our Constitution nothing more than wall decor, 4) his and Napolitano's decisive moves NOT to enforce current immigration laws and 5) his use of "czars", non-elected "officials" who are all students of the same socialistic leader (as is he) make me fear for the future of this great land.

As the founder of La Raza once said, "We have an aging white America. They are not making babies. They are dying. They sh***ing in their pants. I love it." With a group like this and the "Hispanic Caucus" callin the shots, the country our forefathers fought and died for doesn't have a chance.

Bush was a puppet who couldn't put a sentence together on his own. This one is much more eloquent, but also just as dangerous (maybe moreso).

December 18, 2009 04:16 pm at 4:16 pm |
  14. Vets4Obama

SVP December 18th, 2009 3:58 pm ET

Besides partisan feelings and tit for tat approach toward George W., does anyone realize this Country is bankrupt and cannot afford to pay its bills and the dollar is generally getting weaker? One may like Obama, but spending has to stop.
    ----------------
    An equally retarded statement would go like this:

Besides your dislike for Hitler, who else do you want to blame for the holocaust?

Just say it how you mean it: "Besides all the REAL reasons, which I don't want to hear because they are relevant and the truth, what else do you have to say to appease me in my fantasy land and let me to continue to be in denial?".

December 18, 2009 04:17 pm at 4:17 pm |
  15. If you want something ruined, put a republican in charge

Having to deal with the unmitigated disaster of the Bush/Cheney years, and putting us on the right track away from a great depression, should translate to high marks for President obama.

December 18, 2009 04:18 pm at 4:18 pm |
  16. once upon a horse

I like President Obama, but I really think that he tried to take on too much too soon and some of his plans have not fallen the way he wanted them to go. I would have rather had him go with the economy, getting jobs for people, banks to start lending again and working on ending the occupation of Iraq than jumping into this healthcare fray...IMO that could have waited until after his first year. Plus getting opposed by the Republicans on everything from stimulus to even talking to kids in school suggesting they stay there and get an education hasn't helped either. I think things will start to get better for him and the nation and that would be NOT what the GOP would want to happen. He may take a hit on this healthcare issue no matter which way it goes, but if more jobs start to come in 2010 and the economy starts getting better, the GOP will have no platform to counter him with and his numbers will go back up. If he on his watch happens to find Osama bin Laden dead or alive, then I bet his numbers will soar and even the rightwing haters can't put a negative spin on that.

December 18, 2009 04:19 pm at 4:19 pm |
  17. If you want something ruined, put a republican in charge

Bush wanted to graded on a Pass-Fail, and he barely survived that.

December 18, 2009 04:19 pm at 4:19 pm |
  18. Orange Curtain, CA

Doing the best job he can without a super majority in Congress. I hope the obstructionist party of no to everything gets bumped in the next election. The Democrats don't have enough votes to pass anything and the selfish Republicans are holding the nation hostage with their games.

December 18, 2009 04:23 pm at 4:23 pm |
  19. shmeckel

If I said “the liberals are bashing Obama about increasing troops in Afghanistan simply because he is white”

Would you perceive me as?
    A) Ignorant
    B) Uneducated
    C) Racist
    D) All of the above

December 18, 2009 04:23 pm at 4:23 pm |
  20. Weenie Brown

Liz Cheney gives him low marks, and she know a lot. My friends and I were shooting rats at the landfill, and we all think things cost more now.

December 18, 2009 04:24 pm at 4:24 pm |
  21. Buck Wheat

Can we make anyone who votes take a IQ test? After reading the comments, you people still live in a dream world! The left is wacked

December 18, 2009 04:26 pm at 4:26 pm |
  22. Weenie Brown

Sarah Palin will find out if his Hawaiian birth certificate is real while she is on vacation.

December 18, 2009 04:27 pm at 4:27 pm |
  23. Joy

I just love all the remarks about spending.

HELLO, we were in an economic free fall. Government had to step in.
    This year's spending has primarily been for aid to the unemployed, defense, aid to states and investments in infrastruture with the stimulus.

The federal deficit was already over $10 trillion when Obama took office in January. Where were all you folks then? These arguments are so disengenous based on partisian and unrealistic views.

I suppose we could have just froze spending except for defense.

Wonder where we would be now if the president had taken that route?

December 18, 2009 04:27 pm at 4:27 pm |
  24. AJ

The lack of leadership Obama has shown is amazing. The man is only capable of talking ,governing is beyond his capabilities.

December 18, 2009 04:27 pm at 4:27 pm |