December 18th, 2009
  1. Ed

Obama's first year in office has been nothing short of a complete disaster. He's broken more promises then kept while unemployment has risen to the largest in decades. He and his liberal buddies put together the most massive spending bill in our history, full of pork spending and failed to accomplish the creation of jobs. The only thing it did bring was huge bailouts to banks and paying out massive CEO bonuses that were specifically added to the bill. Obama has lied outright to the American people and has no clue on foreign policy. He waits to see the prevailing polls then still cant make a decision. He's failed completely on government transparency and has done everything he could to cram bills down our throats that will raise taxes and kill more jobs.

December 18, 2009 05:23 pm at 5:23 pm |
  2. Peter s

President Obama keep on working for the American people!! bring the naysayers to shame! did I say shame? God! I'm nuts, most of us are shameless! how can you cripple the economy and forget it so fast! and you are campaigning again to be elected as a senator or rep??. Whats wrong people any politician who was involved with bringing down this economy should never ever hold public office!! and thats why we need a strong 3rd party but not the tea party! wrong approach!!. We need principled people who will not suck it up to the lobbyists!!!

December 18, 2009 05:25 pm at 5:25 pm |
  3. Joe

50% is what I would give him. Totally mediocre; nothing special.

December 18, 2009 05:26 pm at 5:26 pm |
  4. haren

to mikeSyracuse,
    Tarp money to bank work because Obama did not gave them blank check like Bush without any string attached.
    This is my prediction.
    GM and Chrysler will come out profitable with all that middle class job saved.
    Economy will be on good footing, driven by consumer and not by corporate manipulator.
    Unemployment will go down with all that infrastructure projects in full swing.
    Health care will pass and people will get educated that democrats are the one who cares for them.

But what is the use to tell you
    Oh! I forgot you must be rich making more than $250000.
    95% people got tax cut and I don't see any increase of tax in my pay check.

December 18, 2009 05:26 pm at 5:26 pm |
  5. CW

This is why we have elections every 4 years and not annually. I think he's doing fine given the mess he was left with (I didn't vote for him). I just wish he'd stop trying to be so reconcilitory and just tell the GOP to shove it. I'd rather see that and some action and the posibility of having only 1 term that trying to play to the middle on everything. I'm pretty sure he will be a two term president, I don't see anyone in the GOP who impressess me at all right now. But like I said, every 4 years. A lot can happen in the next three years. Maybe the Republicans will get it together and impress me again. If they pull some crap like Sarah Palin, I'm out...probably for good.

December 18, 2009 05:26 pm at 5:26 pm |
  6. Barbara- a Canadian Perspective

President Obama has been put in an ultimate fight cage... blindfolded, had his hands tied, and is trying to finish a fight started by another who played dirty. The people in the arena are cheering for him to fail, and some of those supposed to be in his corner are giving him conflicting advice. In spite of all this...your PRESIDENT is doing an awesome job. He is intelligent, compassionate, deep thinking, and is thick skinned. The latter attritube he really needs after all the disrespect he gets from the people HE IS WORKING FOR. If it were me, I would have told your country to stuff it months ago.

December 18, 2009 05:26 pm at 5:26 pm |
  7. Stu SW Florida

I don't get it... Just what does the entitlement minded citizens of our country expect from President Obama? Do you all expect HIM to crap out some jobs? Do you expect HIM to boost the housing market, do you expect HIM to ... ahhh whatever.
    I still have seen no ideas from any citizens about any of the troubles. Obama boosts the economy with a little financial aid and everyone cries National Debt only our Grandchildren will be paying. Boo hoo! Guess what... we've all been paying, and paying, and paying. This is nothing new. Our Grandchildren will get the as we got from former leaders. Sooo? Welcome to America.
    If he were to develop some more government faux jobs we'd all have one... and higher taxes.
    Just give him support, let him make the decisions. IF he fails, he fails.
    Personally I don't believe he will despite the headwinds of the GOP. We have a unique opportunity to let a man of supreme intelligence, drive, patience, beliefs and grace get this country back on track. Don't blow it people!

December 18, 2009 05:31 pm at 5:31 pm |
  8. Still a Republican

He's doing just fine. I don't agree with the way he's doing it, I"m not for everything he has done or has planned. I'm not saying he's done great.

But I'm not going to be a shill and act like some of my fellow republicans (blind, being spoon fed by the party poison that is the direct cause of my parties declining numbers).

He's made some tough decisions, taken on some tough fights. It does take a true leader to take on the debates and risks he's willing to. He's proven to me that he means for the best, even at the times I disagree with him, I have to admit, I'm convinced this man is one of our finest patriots.

I look forward to putting together a contender in 2012 that can compete against him. I can say with out doubt, it will be a hard battle to beat this man if things turn north prior to 2012.

December 18, 2009 05:32 pm at 5:32 pm |
  9. andy

Thats not a thumbs up america is giving him....its the middle finger.

December 18, 2009 05:34 pm at 5:34 pm |
  10. JJ

He's like Jimmy Carter on steroids. Destroying the economy for decades to come with overtaxing, skyrocketing debt and the giant sucking sound of all resources going straight out of private sector into BIG BROTHER"S BOTTOMLESS POCKETS.

December 18, 2009 05:35 pm at 5:35 pm |
  11. Mountain Dude

It is funny that the people that brought us Bush Jr. would call anyone inept or blame Obama for the deficit. I guess that denial is a way of life for them because if they had reality they would probably not be able to get out of bed knowing how they have hurt this country.

December 18, 2009 05:40 pm at 5:40 pm |
  12. Pelosi's a see-you-en-tea

Sniffit;
    I am amazed (based off most of your comments) that you were able to figure it out!

December 18, 2009 05:44 pm at 5:44 pm |
  13. LLM from MD

The politicians are right...america is senile...did u idiots 4get the condition of our country when our President stepped in? No one was brave enough to step up...I know I couldn't handle it! I love my President...he is doing a fabulous job!! No one asked me for my opinion so include me in your "concentrated" polls...

December 18, 2009 05:44 pm at 5:44 pm |
  14. hereslauphinatcha

He's doing a great job! I could careless about the negative, racist comments about the President. Obama has done more positive things for the US than the last president who create the US deficit, borrowed money from the Chinese, and the Iragi/Afgan war.

I respect our President because he is still a regular person regardless of his political career.

December 18, 2009 05:46 pm at 5:46 pm |
  15. felicia

Mike Syracuse, NY, how about shut the he!! up!

December 18, 2009 05:46 pm at 5:46 pm |
  16. Barb

Let's see... President Obama won the election with 53%... That means that 47% were not for him. His rating is now at 50%.... in spite of all the lies, disrespect, racist portrayals, faux news blitz against everything he does, G.O.P. stalling, fabrication and collaboration to work towards his failure. All of these concerted efforts to thwart him have only garnered 3%. So... by any count... .50% shows HE'S DOING GREAT!

December 18, 2009 05:46 pm at 5:46 pm |
  17. LLM from MD

Another point...we kicked the GOP out for a reason...now, we are suppose to believe in them now? To do exactly what?

December 18, 2009 05:49 pm at 5:49 pm |
  18. Just wondering . . .

Just exactly has he accomplished to date? Name just ONE thing that has gone from rhetoric to actual implementation.

But the libs will never learn: "Possibilities" always trump "reality" in their playbook.

December 18, 2009 05:53 pm at 5:53 pm |
  19. Mike

He is forcing Socialized Medical Care on the majority of Americans who do not want it. He is spending more money than can possibly be printed, incresing the deficit to greater proportions than all the other Presidents combined. He speaks of "green initiatives" yet he flies across the Atlantic every other week to talk about what a bad place America is, and accept awards he does not deserve. He spends more time outside of the White House than in it. He coddles the Iranians so much that they test the longest range missle they ever tested.

He will make a great telemarketer when we vote him out of office in a few years. Let's hope he does not bankrupt the country, or allow the terrorists to wipe us out in the next few years.

December 18, 2009 05:55 pm at 5:55 pm |
  20. dogshoe7

hey mountain dude, come out of the trees and understand facts. Congress, controlled by the dems proposed all the increases, oversaw the mortgages and basically s____wed the USA in the last 2 years of the bush term. Dont know why dems and repubs are so quick to blame each other. Their both at fault and unless we elect people who work for us and not for a party it will stay this way. Wise up

December 18, 2009 05:55 pm at 5:55 pm |
  21. Tina

Empty words. Shallow words. Picture Perfect during campaign. But look, he signed a bill this weekend adding more pork for govenment employees than SS benefactors. Hmm... This president is nothing but a suit - underneath is a big QUESTION MARK? Who is this Obama guy? after 11 months I still don't know him. Sad to say, he is the president of this country and he brought dissention and partisanship in his Admiinistration and DC. Too bad - suck it up Americans for the next 3 years.

December 18, 2009 05:57 pm at 5:57 pm |
  22. Party Purity will never bring Political Power!

I have not agreed with everything he has done, but given the plate that was handed to him, President Obama is doing just fine.

December 18, 2009 05:59 pm at 5:59 pm |
  23. President Obama's "porkulus" package is bringing home the bacon!

President Obama helped bring the economy back from a total collapse, he has expanded SCHIP, the stimulus bill is working since last quarter was the first growth quarter in almost 2 years, the housing market is better, banks are paying back Paulson's "Wall Street welfare", about a million newer cars are on the road helping both manufacturing and the environment, we have a Nobel Prize President and at least health care reform is getting attention.

It has been a busy year and I give President Obama an A.

December 18, 2009 06:05 pm at 6:05 pm |
  24. Obama rushes everything and accomplishes....

nothing............he thinks success is multi tasking on your Blackberry....

December 18, 2009 06:07 pm at 6:07 pm |
  25. Ryan

You get out of government what you put into it. If the nay-sayers in the country don't like what he's doing, come up with a better idea. Oh, wait, if you could, you'd be in office...

I'm not saying everything he does is great. No president's been flawless and none of them will be, because they're all human, but the in-fighting's getting ridiculous, people. We're all Americans and it's time to start acting like it. If you say hate the president of the country enough to leave, (whatever side of politics he's on) and aren't willing to offer any meaningful alternative, it's time to make good on your threat.

December 18, 2009 06:08 pm at 6:08 pm |