December 18th, 2009
6 months ago

Palin said she meant no disrespect with blacked-out hat

Palin said she supports McCain '100 percent.'
Palin said she supports McCain '100 percent.'

(CNN) - Sarah Palin said she meant no disrespect to the man that elevated her to the national scene after she was photographed wearing a visor on which Sen. John McCain's name had been blacked out.

The gossip Web site TMZ ran photos of the former Alaska governor vacationing in Hawaii earlier this week in which Palin is shown with a McCain campaign visor with black marker covering the ex-presidential candidate's name.

The Web site declared the hat a "frontal attack on Sen. John McCain," but Palin told Politico she was merely trying to "be incognito" while vacationing in Hawaii.

"I am so sorry if people took this silly incident the wrong way," Palin said in a statement to the Web site. "I adore John McCain, support him 100 percent and will do everything I can to support his reelection. As everyone knows, I was honored and proud to run with him. And Todd and I were with him in D.C. just a week ago. So much for trying to be incognito."

A Palin source confirmed the accuracy of the former vice presidential candidate's comments.

The four term Senator McCain is up for re-election next year.

The vacation comes a month after Palin's memoir, "Going Rogue: An American Life," hit book stores. Palin launched an around-the-country book tour soon after and has since visited more than 30 cities.

Filed under: Sarah Palin
  1. Reformer

Still. The dumby!

December 18, 2009 10:01 am at 10:01 am |
  2. Dutch/Bad Newz, VA

She has a #1 best seller and she can't afford to buy a new hat.

December 18, 2009 10:01 am at 10:01 am |
  3. Sniffit

I'm not so chicken: Palin, you're a money-grubbing, science-denying, moron opportunist and the "news" media's contant focus on you is a societal cancer.

And yes, I meant disrespect with that.

December 18, 2009 10:01 am at 10:01 am |
  4. kzooreader

Seriously?? All that money she's making on her book and speaking tour, and she can't afford to buy a new visor but has to "recycle" one? Maybe she's much more of an environmentalist that I thought.

December 18, 2009 10:07 am at 10:07 am |
  5. diogenes

I got here on my own!
    No one person made me what I am!

John who?
    I made him what he is!
    He lost respectably only because I came on board las' minute to save his ass. He woulda finished with only Arizona but for me.

I rule!

December 18, 2009 10:08 am at 10:08 am |
  6. Silence Dogoode

why is CNN reporting anything from TMZ? This is not news...

December 18, 2009 10:41 am at 10:41 am |