December 18th, 2009
  1. Pelosi's a see-you-en-tea

....and it doesn't matter how it passes, right Pelosi?

December 18, 2009 05:52 pm at 5:52 pm |
  2. Damon

Expat,

Actually it's not Palin or any of the disproof that makes me question, it's merely the fact that most climatologist or scientist that hold global warming (GW) to be a fact, do so unquestioningly and with potentially bad data (see climate-gate).

Science and the scientific process is supposed to be about dueling ideas and facts, not just one sided assumptions that are taken as truth. How many times have we seen in the paper where certain groups refuse to deal with scientist that don't hold a particular view on GW. How they will basically laugh someone out of their little clique if they ask questions. To me that's not science. Put the data out for the world to see and allow questions to be asked. Then and only then will I buy it.

Also, manipulated data isn't proof. Science and statistics can be manipulated to say who, what, when, where and why you want simply by changing assumptions and then withholding those assumptions. Also, out of the however many thousands of years the worlds been around, there have always been climate changes, and whose to say we aren't going through one now? Also, measuring for a 100 year period (with altered data) doesn't prove anything to me.

I don't ask Palin for her facts, simply because I don't believe that GW doesn't exist either. I just want more unbiased proof either way. That and I'm not willing to push our economy into an even deeper depression by doubling the cost of everything just for the sake of the economy. You want to change our infrastructure, do so without the tax impact to the consumer.

As for taxes and you thinking that is simply an angry rant. I understand more about the economy and taxes and their impact on the macro and micro economy than most people. Entitlements DO NOT HELP, but only lead to an eventual take over of all aspects of life (socialism) and a mediocre life for more of its populace, with few receiving the greater benefits.

December 18, 2009 05:59 pm at 5:59 pm |
  3. @ the "real" Sniffit . . .

NOBODY cares what you say - get it?

December 18, 2009 05:59 pm at 5:59 pm |
  4. Damon

Er, just for the sake of the environment (on potentially bad biased data).

December 18, 2009 06:00 pm at 6:00 pm |
  5. cedgar

Why did so many elected go to this?(on our dime)
    If the planet is in such global ending state, why would the elected
    quicken this state by wasting so much?
    Sorry my family is very conservative of our resource.
    This is nothing but about money!
    If they were truly concern about the planet they would not waste SO much
    resource just to go give a speech!
    We all need to practice common sense.

December 18, 2009 06:06 pm at 6:06 pm |
  6. michael armstrong sr. TX.

Man I hope this lady dont win another term could you imagine being married to her.

December 18, 2009 06:24 pm at 6:24 pm |
  7. Don in Grand Rapids, Mi

The only thing that will pass is Pelosi in the next election, she'll be passed back to California!

December 18, 2009 06:50 pm at 6:50 pm |
  8. so rich even obama couldn't hurt me but you middle class folk should worry

you really expect me to believe congress is going to control the planet earth's climate????? really ???? are you retarded ??? do you think I am retarded???? you want me to pay money because you think congress can drop the earth's temperature!!!! wow. just wow!!!!

December 18, 2009 07:07 pm at 7:07 pm |
  9. Keith in Austin

I hope every one of you bleeding-heart liberals praising Pelosi, while spewing the hateful drivel against conservatism, still feel the same way when your IRS bill comes due or when you lose your job because your employer had to make cuts to pay for the new Obozo taxes levied on them. But then again, most of you are probably one of the following;
    1. Already unemployed looking for more government handouts.

2. Living off of Mommy and Daddy (Like the incredably naïve Show me State Freshman idiot)

3.Illegal Immigrant and newest members of the Democrat Party.

4. Trial Lawyers

5. Living in the fantasy-world and liberal fog of Academia.

6. Just plain Hateful of anyone that has earned success in life.

7. Truly believe they are entitled but unwilling to sacrifice and earn for themselves.

8.Believe they are smarter than the majority.

9. Willing to bankrupt the Nation and their Children's futures for their
    self-serving ideologic desires.

10: undying and despicable hate toward Bush or anyone that supported him.

Your days are numbered. Promise!!!

December 18, 2009 07:34 pm at 7:34 pm |