December 19th, 2009
3 months ago

Palin continues to blast climate change believers

Former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin continued to blast believers in climate change Friday.

(CNN)– In a late night posting on her Twitter feed, Former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin continued to blast climate change believers Friday, calling the talks in Copenhagen, Denmark a representation of man's "arrogance," for believing people have an impact on nature.

"Arrogant&Naive2say man overpwers nature," Palin tweeted.

"Earth saw clmate chnge4 ions;will cont 2 c chnges.R duty2responsbly devlop resorces4humankind/not pollute&destroy;but cant alter naturl chng," the former Republican vice presidential nominee wrote.

Palin's latest comments come after weeks of tangling over climate change with California Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger, former vice president Al Gore, and President Obama.

In an op-ed in the Washington Post, Palin urged the president to boycott the climate talks, calling his presence at the conference a "political move."

"The last thing America needs is misguided legislation that will raise taxes and cost jobs – particularly when the push for such legislation rests on agenda-driven science," Palin wrote. "Without trustworthy science and with so much at stake, Americans should be wary about what comes out of this politicized conference. The president should boycott Copenhagen."

When Schwarzenegger questioned Palin's stance on climate change, Palin quickly hit back saying the actor-turned-governor was acting "greener than thou."

And when former vice president Al Gore dubbed her a climate change "denier," Palin hit back at him too, accusing him of promoting "doomsday scenarios."

"Climate change is like gravity – a naturally occurring phenomenon that existed long before, and will exist long after, any governmental attempts to affect it," Palin wrote on her Facebook page.

During the vice presidential debate last year, Palin said she was for capping carbon emissions but did not elaborate on how she would do that.

Filed under: Energy • Popular Posts • Sarah Palin
  1. Bill of Florida

I know everyone has observed that Palin is a plain idiot; therefore, it won't do any good for me to repeat an observation of something that is now obvious. What may not be so obvious is the fact that she is slowly destroying the credibility of the republican party. Wait a minute! That's obvious too. Maybe I should observe that every time she talks, writes or moves, she puts another nail in her political coffin. Nope! That's obvious too. Well, I would like to know what isn't so obvious about her silliness. It's in the public eye every day. She quit her job as governor, and now she has nothing better to do than make silly tweets and twitters that make her look more foolish all the time. Then, she spews her ignorance on Facebook for the entire world to see. Yep, that's what we want representing us in 2012. Oh yeah! And then, she goes to Hawaii, uses a black marker to scribble out McCain's name on her campaign visor, walks around for the photographers on the beach and says she meant no disrespect for John McCain. I guess I don't really need to say anything at all, because Sarah is doing it for me. Oh well, I tried to get on the band wagon, but I guess Ms. Palin is too quick. She beats me to the punch every time. I think I'll just sit back and enjoy the show. Thank you, Sarah.

December 19, 2009 08:15 pm at 8:15 pm |
  2. A viewer

Bet she also believes the world is flat and if we sail far enough, we will fall into that empty void.

December 19, 2009 08:16 pm at 8:16 pm |
  3. Donald

Palin and other "flat earth" believers want to continue the same insane path by claiming to want "trustworthy science". Well what does this science consist of? Spontaneous generation, creationism and any other junk science idiots like her can expouse without having to explain herself. Why is CNN and other media outlets continue to give her a free pass on these bogus views? This woman doesn't have a clue between the difference of "ion" and "eon" and we're suppose to accept her views as credible!? When will people wake up that this person is a charlatan, a complete fraud. Who cares what this bimbo thinks. SHE'S STUPID!!!

December 19, 2009 08:17 pm at 8:17 pm |
  4. Mikey from Utah

Up to a point, ignorance can be cured by working at it. But I'm afraid Palin's case may be terminal.

December 19, 2009 08:17 pm at 8:17 pm |
  5. Kevin M

More blasting at Palin, yet no one's comments have offered any counter-argument? Typical liberals, you attack the messenger but can't attack the message.

December 19, 2009 08:17 pm at 8:17 pm |
  6. Todd

No, Sarah, what is arrogant and naive is to think you are smarter than a scientist. Or, a 5th grader for that matter. And please, use proper grammar and spelling, for the love of God.

December 19, 2009 08:18 pm at 8:18 pm |
  7. JR

Has anyone pointed out to Sarah the difference between Ions and Eons? This is like the Britney Spears spiral, but in slow motion.

December 19, 2009 08:18 pm at 8:18 pm |
  8. chadwickyboy

ib are you kidding me? Tell me what you have read on the science of global warming? And I'm not talking about what politicians have said. You're ignorance makes me nervous. Do yourself a favor and just google globale warming for me. Study after study after study points to anthropogenic global warming. This isn't religion, these scientists are not just sitting around throughing around ideas about what they 'think' is happening with climate. They study the facts and come to logical conclusions

December 19, 2009 08:18 pm at 8:18 pm |
  9. pkb

Only CNN and FOX (Faux) News could possibly give a rat's patooty about what Sarah Palin thinks or says.

December 19, 2009 08:18 pm at 8:18 pm |
  10. Gordon

If Palin is so sure that man cannot affect nature, why would she be in favor of capping carbon emissions? By her standard, carbon emissions cannot affect nature, so what would be the point? Every time this woman opens here mouth, she reinforces what all of us know; she knows not whereof she speaks. I hesitate to use the word 'bimbo', but every time she makes a comment about anything, that is the word that comes to mind.

December 19, 2009 08:19 pm at 8:19 pm |
  11. Joe in PA

First of all, even though you're limited to 140 characters on Twitter, you don't need to limit your ideas to just one message. There's no need to use completely undecipherable abbreviations for the sake of meeting the limit.

It just makes it more apparent that she's trying to be "hip" and garner support from a base other than her standard 60+ and wealthy groups who don't seem to know any better.

It's quite obvious that Ms. Palin cares nothing about the world's future or even this country's future - only what she can get here and now in her lifetime. She makes a ton of money ghost-writing a book while simultaneously abandoning her position as governor of Alaska. Stop trying to debate with Schwarzenegger - he at least decided to fulfill his obligations as governor.

Finally, I agree with the other comments here: she is so insignificant, less than a footnote in the history of our country, yet she seems to get an overwhelming amount of coverage for her uneducated beliefs. Let's face it, she went to four different colleges and barely managed to escape with degrees in communications and journalism! Did you expect intelligent discourse from this woman?

December 19, 2009 08:19 pm at 8:19 pm |
  12. Bill of Florida

I know everyone has observed that Palin is a plain idiot; therefore, it won't do any good for me to repeat an observation of something that is now obvious. What may not be so obvious is the fact that she is slowly destroying the credibility of the republican party. Wait a minute! That's obvious too. Maybe I observe that every time she talks, writes or moves, she puts another nail in her political coffin. Nope! That's obvious too. Well, I would like to know what isn't so obvious about her stupidity now. It's in the public eye every day. She quit her job as governor, and now she has nothing better to do than make silly tweets and twitters that make her look more foolish all the time. Just about every day, she spews her ignorance on Facebook for the entire world to see. Yep, that's what we want representing us in 2012. Oh yeah! And then, she goes to Hawaii, uses a black marker to scribble out McCain's name on her campaign visor, walks around for the photographers on the beach and says she meant no disrespect for John McCain. I guess I don't really need to say anything at all, because she is doing it for me. Oh well, I tried to get on the band wagon, but I guess Ms. Palin is too quick. She beats me to the punch every time. I think I'll just sit back and enjoy the show. Thank you, Sarah.

December 19, 2009 08:19 pm at 8:19 pm |
  13. Brooks

Well, the dinosaurs didn't believe in meteors either...So how does Mrs. Palin explain the rising acidity of the ocean, anyway?

December 19, 2009 08:19 pm at 8:19 pm |
  14. Todd

ion: "a particle that is electrically charged (positive or negative); an atom or molecule or group that has lost or gained one or more electrons"

eon: "an immeasurably long period of time"

And this person wants to/has a chance to be president? That should scare the hell out of everyone on Earth.

December 19, 2009 08:20 pm at 8:20 pm |
  15. sue

irrerevant as usual. disgrace to all women. dumbas ever. 6 colleges in 5 years for a single degree! what do you expect! foolish, dummy! makes me throw up each time i read her comments! she is half woman and half devil! soo vicious, like a cobras venom! hater, wost hater on earth, brain of a chicken!

December 19, 2009 08:20 pm at 8:20 pm |
  16. kate

Palin is so far ahead of Gore and the govenator on climate issues.
    She's so far ahead of Obama
    She has researched and implemented alternative forms of energy for her own state and not lost any jobs.

LOOK IT UP YOU LIBERATARDS.

Alaska has a thriving economy while California is going bankrupt..
    Alaska has been so far ahead of the curve on climate issues and green energy, it is such a joke that Arnold would dare to call her out.

She had met with an expert on geothermal before Arnold knew what it was.

Palin was repeating what Arnold said about gravity by the way, word police.
    Please Gore, debate Palin, I dare you.

December 19, 2009 08:20 pm at 8:20 pm |
  17. ann

IB, gets a ditto from me.

December 19, 2009 08:21 pm at 8:21 pm |
  18. lc

The fact that almost all comments berate her says it all. Even her supporters are now too embarassed by her to defend her comments. She is currently one of the most damaging factors to the republican party's image there is. Does she even know what a rogue refers to? (worldnetweb definition roguery – mischief: reckless or malicious behavior that causes discomfort or annoyance in others.) If she really is a republican she should do them a favor and put a sock in it.

December 19, 2009 08:21 pm at 8:21 pm |
  19. freda

It amazes me that so many people love this Sarah Palin so much. She is the most hypocritical person I have seen in a long time. She even went so far to say Levi would be welcomed for Thanksgiving. No doubt about it – she does not like the young man and would probably be happy to never see him again. What's scary is some people believed her. What a phony. I can only imagine how much fun she is having knowing that so many persons are falling for her crap. I'm sure she laughs every day knowing that she has collected so much money from people who believe her. Sarah Palin is a scary person and so are the persons who really think she may – just may run for President of the United States. People, wake up. Why she gets so much coverage is incomprehensible.

December 19, 2009 08:22 pm at 8:22 pm |
  20. CG

No Sarah,

I'm one of those scientists. Mans arrogance is thinking we DON'T have an effect on the earth. We've treated the Earth like a garbage can for thousands of years. Now the jig is up. Only fools will ignore the evidence.

December 19, 2009 08:22 pm at 8:22 pm |
  21. gary

shes so right and pissing off the liberals at the same time.

December 19, 2009 08:22 pm at 8:22 pm |
  22. thisiscrazy

This woman is nuts and the thought that she has supporters is so scary. @ Tommy, you hit the nail on the head, this woman is mean and hateful.

December 19, 2009 08:22 pm at 8:22 pm |
  23. What Else Palin Might Say

- "There are no sharks in the waters around Amity Island – open the beach"
    - "DDT makes wild bird eggs thin and causing fewer birds to be born? I see plenty of birds from my porch so that claim must just be bad science"
    - "Thalomide has been approved by the FDA so what's all the fuss about?"
    - "Um – what was your question again Ms Couric?"
    - "Cigaretts cause lung cancer? Not according to the doctors at Philip Morris!"

December 19, 2009 08:22 pm at 8:22 pm |
  24. Hank from Seattle

"Filed under: Sarah Palin"

That pretty much says it all right there.

December 19, 2009 08:22 pm at 8:22 pm |
  25. Tom

When did CNN become the Sarah Palin press corps? So, CNN repeats not only Palin's bogus stances, but quotes her for every counter-point against criticisms made. When will Sarah Palin ever have a live press conference? She can't govern or run for President by hiding behind her speech writers and Facebook postings.

December 19, 2009 08:23 pm at 8:23 pm |