December 23rd, 2009
  1. strong

Do we have to hear all the time how cute the Obama family is??

They are just another politcal family, very rich and privileged.

December 23, 2009 09:11 am at 9:11 am |
  2. Scott, Tucson

Why bother with the expense of decorating the White House when the obama's are going to be in enjoying themselves in Hawaii, the money could be better used towards helping the poor. At least he's not taking his vacation breaks in Indonesia.

December 23, 2009 09:35 am at 9:35 am |
  3. Silence Dogoode

This is always a treat to see...and a time when we can all be non-partisan....have never seen a white house all decorated for Christmas that I haven't been impressed with.

December 23, 2009 09:55 am at 9:55 am |
  4. michael armstrong sr. TX.

It's great to have a public place in America where the Christmas tree isnt being called the holiday tree this is heart breaking to change the way of our great country to humor another religion.

December 23, 2009 09:59 am at 9:59 am |
  5. S Callahan- This is the 4th Week of Advent, light the candle for LOVE

There is no Christmas in the White House without Christ Jesus...it is just traditions of man ... a true Christmas is Simply Jesus.

December 23, 2009 09:59 am at 9:59 am |
  6. EZ

Absolutely beautiful!

I visited the WH just recently, my son works there and it was absolutely stunning. The white chocolate ginger-bread house was breath-taking to say the least! We saw Bo and the First Lady taking their daily walk.

The decorations were very, very beautiful without being too gaudy. They were very down-to-earth on a LARGE scale. I really enjoyed my visit and was very glad to see the WH (VERY YOUNG) staffers going about their normal duties as if nothing was going on.

I then realized these YOUNG and highly EDUCATED staffers are the future of this country. They will make and change policies and laws governing our future. I was truly inspired by the level of their political views, involvement and commitment. I'm not just talking young Democrats, but YOUNG Republicans too. The younger generation is going to TURN this country around. They are going to do it BETTER and SMARTER than our fore-fathers did.

GOD BLESS AMERICA!

MANY BLESSINGS DURING THE HAPPY HOLIDAYS AND A PROSPEROUS NEW YEAR TO ALL!

December 23, 2009 09:59 am at 9:59 am |
  7. Debby

How calius CNN is when people in this country won't even have a Christmas because of the economy.

December 23, 2009 10:21 am at 10:21 am |