December 24th, 2009
  1. LAW

Remember this day; remember what you thought you were getting when you were so pleased to get the Democrats government-run health care. I would hope that die-hard liberals will in ten years admit their error–even though by then it will be too late. As doctors retire early and future doctors choose different fields because of this mess forced on us, you will wonder at the shortage of qualified medical personnel. You will have no one to blame but yourselves. Do you like standing in line at the Post Office or at the Department of Motor Vehicles? If so, you will love health care in 2015. But I guess the rest of us should be happy that some of you had good intentions. I'll try to cheer myself up with that information when I am refused a procedure because I am too old or from a state that wasn't bought out with special treatment to get a vote.

December 24, 2009 08:20 pm at 8:20 pm |
  2. mitchman

Way to go Obama and team!! Bush and Cheney had eight years to come up with a better plan and failed to do it. It took the Dems less than a year and they should be very proud of this accomplishment. Not to take away from George and Dick getting us involved in two wars that have cost the American people over a trillion dollars and God knows how many lives. Gosh how I miss them. With so much work left to do, I'm sure the vast number of Americans will show up at the polls in 2010 and 2012 to support and strenghten Obama and his administration. I feel more confident than ever that the USA is on the road to recovery!! Happy Holidays everyone!

December 24, 2009 08:24 pm at 8:24 pm |
  3. Bariafl

To those of you who are opposing this bill, do you really now what socialism means.........Merry X-mas and Happy new year.....Go Dems!

December 24, 2009 08:32 pm at 8:32 pm |
  4. Scotty from VA

....without the public option?? Still a great day in American history. Period.

December 24, 2009 08:33 pm at 8:33 pm |
  5. mike

I noticed a post earlier in this that stated Republicans just didn't want to help other people less fortunate. Question my good sir, when is the last time you gave any of your time to anyone else, helped the homeless, visited the projects to give presents to needy children? I know exactly how to help others and don't need to be taxed simply cause I am lazy and don't feel like actually helping someone out myself. This health care bill is terrible. I have read it, and know exactly what it entails. I can't wait for all of you to realize how bad this really is.

December 24, 2009 08:38 pm at 8:38 pm |
  6. dirk

Is it the best bill? No Will it make it immediately better for everybody? No. But it is a begin of an improvement.
    I have been astounded that americans are invariably opposing any potential increase in taxes, never asking what they could get for it. Americans pay the lowest income and other taxes of any civilized country and have as yet a very poor healthcare system. It has become clear that even those who pay most may not get any better care.
    One step we have now made in working on a fairer access to healthcare that even may save money +++. More importantly, how can we now improve the care itself and – most importantly – the critical use of resources. That is certainly not more testing, and remaining in denial about the fact that we will die. Let us turn all that negative energy to something positive and creative. It may save much more and truly improve care.

December 24, 2009 08:39 pm at 8:39 pm |
  7. Rumself

It passed!

December 24, 2009 08:44 pm at 8:44 pm |
  8. Jo from AK

It's funny that all these Republicans don't call it Socialism when we talk about all the:

-SOCIAL Security they collect (where they on average get more than they contribute)

-Medicare (where they on average get more than they contribute)

-Medicare Part D (Which creates $800B in DEFICIT SPENDING over 10 years)

I guess when you fat, white, old Republicans are getting a hand out it isn't socialism.

December 24, 2009 08:50 pm at 8:50 pm |
  9. Menorrah

Insurance companies spent 3x more than the usual just to oppose this bill....

Republicans don't trust the poor; Democrats don't trust the rich.

When the poor cheats, they cheat a few hundred bucks. When the rich cheats, they cheat billion dollars. Remember Madoff?!

December 24, 2009 08:53 pm at 8:53 pm |
  10. Matt from CA

I'm a young man suffering from mental illness. Some days, it's difficult to get out of bed or even keep from killing myself.

All I want is to be a contributing member of society. I want to be able to finish college, buy a house, pay my taxes but if the insurance companies keep blocking people based on pre-existing conditions (like my mental illness), then I may not be able to live to do this.

One in six people suffer from mental illness and just need some help getting treatment. Not all of them are fortunate enough to be under their family's insurance or to have it purchased before the illness takes it's toll. It's the reason why many are in jail or hospitals or morgues. Look around you, who suffers because the insurance companies want to make another dime?

December 24, 2009 08:53 pm at 8:53 pm |
  11. normajean

i am not surprised at what he did. With the Repubs all over you the way they've been and you trying to get things done, I don't see how anyone could keep their wits about them. The way people are carrying on, as if they've never done anything stupid from just being tired and frustrated.Frankly, I can't wait, and hope I"ll still be around when some of these arrogant Repubs get reelected and have.
    to face what's left of the mess they created in the first place.

December 24, 2009 09:09 pm at 9:09 pm |
  12. Russ H

Well, the American citizen is not going to have a happy new year because of Obama, Pelosi and Reid. How can you put those pictures of those two (2) people on the news. All three should be impeached and sent to Dick Cheney to let him take them hunting. Americans do not have a chance. The parasites and lazy bums are smiling now.

December 24, 2009 09:12 pm at 9:12 pm |
  13. normajean

I give up. I just read the rest of these letters and I've never read so much garbage in one place in my life. In my 84 years, I have never read opinions from such an arrogant, unread, muddled thinking bunch. Supposedly intelligent collection of non readers, non thinkers and people who are so self centered that they have no interest nor concern for any body but themselves.

December 24, 2009 09:18 pm at 9:18 pm |
  14. c flood

Reid, real funny, I wasn't laughing, you make me sick.

December 24, 2009 09:46 pm at 9:46 pm |
  15. AndyInTexas

Anyone want to bet that come election time Reid is going to run on "I didn't vote for this bill."

December 24, 2009 09:47 pm at 9:47 pm |
  16. Nick-o

Out come all the neo-cons with their funny talk. Most to all of the anti-rhetoric has been patently false, or single lines have been taken completely out of context in order to justify this "outrage" over this "socialist" bill. Ya'll need to chill out. This bill has been accepted by the AMA and will save us from bankruptcy in the end. Anyway, this crazy talk from the elephants sounds like the anti-climate change movement they're working on. Just look at Palin. Apparently, she is smarter than millions of scientists around the world. Hilarious, I tell you. What a ride this country is on!

December 24, 2009 09:48 pm at 9:48 pm |
  17. Russ in Benton

Merry Christmas to all.

December 24, 2009 10:07 pm at 10:07 pm |
  18. Dave

Was Obama borrowing his teleprompter? This bill has become a health insurance bill; not a health care bill. You liberals never match up your talk with your walk.

December 24, 2009 10:28 pm at 10:28 pm |
  19. Anonymous

hey you all could be politicians!

you've already perfected the art of taking something completely meaningless and irrelevant and blowing it out of proportion by dissecting it ad nauseum

December 24, 2009 10:39 pm at 10:39 pm |
  20. Art

The Democrats could have started reforming health case in a variety of ways- tort reform, flexible spending accounts which can carry forward if a balance is left over, interstate competition, insurance costs paid on a tax free basis by everyone, and denying medical coverage to the 20 million illegal aliens in the US. We saw how well the government did with the stimulus. The cash for clunkers program ran out of money within 5 days although the government predicted it would last 3 months. The Democrats love the trial lawyers and the end result will be higher premiums and decreased quality of medical coverage. Part of the reason premiums are so high is because hospitals lose billions of dollars a year on Medicare and Medicaid. This money is made up by higher premiums. We have the best health care system in the world.

December 24, 2009 10:43 pm at 10:43 pm |
  21. Lisa in MN

I wish the Repubs would have at least tried to work with the Dems. During the 2008 campaign the Repubs used health care reform as a talking point. McCain used health care reform in his bid for president. This bill could have been much better if they chose to work for us the people instead of their party.

December 24, 2009 10:55 pm at 10:55 pm |
  22. bennie new york

Ah, the wonders of the human subconscience. I don't think any Democrat is pleased at all with this bill, excluding Ben Nelson of course.

December 24, 2009 10:58 pm at 10:58 pm |
  23. Monica, SA TX

I was laid off after 18 yrs and lost my insurance coverage. I tried to purchase a policy for my daughter and myself however my daughter was denied full coverage b/c of her asthma...I was told if she went two years without havig to be hospitalized I could reapply then....Is this fair? We need health care reform now...The insurance company did not mind accepting my payments now they refuse to cover me!

December 24, 2009 11:12 pm at 11:12 pm |
  24. Dave CT

The Democrat health care reform is a joke. Nothing but politics at it's worst. Everything this administration has done was not worked or will make things worse. Bail outs did nothing, just a payoff to geitners buddies, gov't take over and creating debt.

Terrorist trials in NYC – horse and pony show. Maybe they'll plan another fly over for another photo op during the trial.

Now the healthcare bill – is just that a bill that Americans are going to be paying for decades down the road. It looks like they are using their fuzzy math again trying to pay for it all. All the experts that are not part of the Obama/Pelosi/Reid cronnies, say it won;t work and health care will actually get worse.

The Dems have to use slight of hand (and pen) to claim somekind of victory before they are all voted out of office in 2010 & 2012.

December 24, 2009 11:17 pm at 11:17 pm |
  25. joe s from philadelphia

President Barak Hussein Obama of the United States is the Republican President.

The Republican Party is fueling President Obama so-called liberal policies. The staunch opposition is an illusion to fool its own conservation base. The republicans could have lessen any perceive changed by participating publicly but they chose to wheel and deal behind close doors. It’s all a con to manipulate the masses. Mostly conservatives. Democrats, republicans, libertarians and other mainstream political party are under the control of the New World Order.

December 24, 2009 11:19 pm at 11:19 pm |