December 26th, 2009
  1. Jason Heil

Why are all the ticker items on video? I come to CNN.com to read the news, not watch it.

December 26, 2009 02:55 pm at 2:55 pm |
  2. Biased

If there is that much work to do on this bill, then is the House and Senate going to be proud of a bill they pass that they themselves say needs fixing already once it passes? Then i would say, fix it before it passes but then that would mess up the democrats timetable of getting anything to Obama, no matter how good or bad, before his state of the union so they can make sure he goes down in history in their minds at least.

December 26, 2009 02:57 pm at 2:57 pm |
  3. RTB

It is a riot that the republican scumbags that are most critical of the current bill are the same obstructionists that helped to carve this one out. It is a watered down version of the initial bill the insurance company lackeys were so desperately trying to kill.

December 26, 2009 02:59 pm at 2:59 pm |
  4. Perusing-Through

TO HENRY MILLER'S COMMENTS:

It was 77 years ago during FDR's 1932 presidential campaign when he and the Democrats proposed national health & medical reform. Other than Nixon's mini-superficial attempts, the Democrats have been the sole proponents of affordable, accessible healthcare for the middle-class. When the Republicans can show me a similar track record on healthcare as the Democrats, than I may start listening to what the GOP has to say on the matter. Until then, the GOP has no credibility and only seen as obstructionist to the American people's needs.

December 26, 2009 03:05 pm at 3:05 pm |
  5. Tony T

The Dems jammed it thru they own it. The change will can believe in, has led us to the most corrupt and socialism or bust legislation of all time. Obama lied constantly and continues to. How dumb he ust think we all are to keep saying it reduces the deficit. His arrogance disgusts me, but I am glad he is there now. Every GOP candidate will use clips of all of his lies and the bribes it took to jam this POS thru. 2010 REAL CHANGE, REPEAL THE BILL IN 2012.

December 26, 2009 03:10 pm at 3:10 pm |
  6. Albo58

I'd say the 2 biggest errors of this scam are:
    1. Cutting $500B out of Medicare (in order to "save" it???)
    2. Mandated ALL Americans to purchase health care coverage!

December 26, 2009 03:17 pm at 3:17 pm |
  7. Perusing-Through

TO LIBERTARIAN AND CONSTITUTINAL LAW EXPERT HENRY MILLER

December 26, 2009 03:24 pm at 3:24 pm |
  8. S M R

This is a one sided job. While the Democrats work their ass off to lower cost and curb MEGA PROFITS by the Insurance warlords, Republican's piss and moan to block any legeslation the will benefit the Average American.

December 26, 2009 03:24 pm at 3:24 pm |
  9. Silence Dogoode

Yes, there is still more of the Constitution to gut....

December 26, 2009 03:24 pm at 3:24 pm |
  10. Perusing-Through

TO LIBERTARIAN AND CONSTITUTIONAL LAW EXPERT HENRY MILLER

(1.) – Mr. Miller, are you a Constitutional Lawyer? No? I didn't think so. But I would still like to see you put your expertise of constitutional law up against the President who is a 'real' constitutional lawyer from Harvard University.

December 26, 2009 03:24 pm at 3:24 pm |
  11. matt

The commenters here are way off base. I have been w/o healthcare for about a decade now,because I have asthma. Nobody will insure me, and its high time the crooks running the insurance racket are made ti stop ripping everyone off. So all you Obama haters out there need to wake up and realize how very wrong you are about him. He's doing what he thinks is right, and I agree with the health care bill.

What power grab are you talking about? If you mean holding the shiesters at the insurance companies to run an honest operation, I'd like to see more power grabs. Go back to Fox News and comment with the rest of the sheep.

December 26, 2009 03:25 pm at 3:25 pm |
  12. Perusing-Through

REGARDING HYPOCRITES LIKE HENRY MILLER

I don't remember reading your complaints when Libertarians within the ranks of both Republican and Democratic parties were screaming about Bush & Cheney's (to paraphrase Miller) "real power grab" of U.S. Liberties and Freedoms. Nope, not a peep from the hypocrites during Bush's 8-years.

December 26, 2009 03:38 pm at 3:38 pm |
  13. John

Health care reform should treat all workers fairly and should reign in the excessive Insurance Industry (profits) taxes.

We allow a monopoly to exist that colludes to set profits on health care to the exclusion of good health care.

Provisions in the Senate bill allow the taxing of benefits that I worked all my life (at a lower wage) to earn are blatantly unfair. This retroactive tax is just plain wrong, I gave up higher wages for those health care benefits and I should not be unfairly treated now that I'm retired.

December 26, 2009 03:42 pm at 3:42 pm |
  14. jules sand-perkins

@ Jason:
    Good comment.
    All the ticker items are on video because many persons do not acquire information easily by reading, as you can see.

December 26, 2009 05:54 pm at 5:54 pm |
  15. Lisa

It's funny how the same people that's saying start the healthcare bill over are the same people that voted for Bush, do you really trust their judgement?

December 26, 2009 07:17 pm at 7:17 pm |
  16. Keith in Austin

To all you know-it-all Liberal minions.

For the record, your cherished Barry Soetto Obozo and his congressional crooks have sold their souls to the Insurance lobby. Question:
    Just where do you think the currently uninsured soon to be legally-required to purchase healthcare insurance are going to get it from?
    As a result, The Insurance Industry now stands to make billion$ in increased revenues over the next decade!

This ill-conceived bill is nothing more than an unconstitutional power grab selling hard working Americans down the river and you are either too blind or stupid to realize it!

Please Stop blaming the GOP for your obvious miserable lot in life! It sounds so pathetic. Be ready to rue the day that you embraced this pitiful President and his band of crooked liberal bureaucrats
    (Unless of course you are the 40 percent that don't pay taxes and are firmly clenched on the tit of Nanny Government) which most of probably are.

December 26, 2009 10:01 pm at 10:01 pm |