December 27th, 2009
  1. Elizabeth

How sad that all the remarks had to be so vile. What a waste of time.

December 27, 2009 01:46 pm at 1:46 pm |
  2. Mike

I think Dennis Miller hit the nail on the head when he said Carville looks like a " Rabid Chihuahua Under a Strobe Light" Perfect!

December 27, 2009 01:49 pm at 1:49 pm |
  3. D.D.

Aren't they sweet?

December 27, 2009 01:49 pm at 1:49 pm |
  4. Claudia, Houston, Tx

Both are very intelligent which make neither a threat to the other; she has a lot going for herself and so does he.

December 27, 2009 01:50 pm at 1:50 pm |
  5. jim

(reads comments)

I see far more right winger blowhards throwing about their usual name calling and unsubstantiated insults and considerably left wingers doing that.

typical with the groups as a whole ... the right wingers are more coarse, crude and rude, and less informed as a group.

December 27, 2009 01:54 pm at 1:54 pm |
  6. Bear

I don't care what their politics are, if they can make their marriage work then more power to 'em. Grats!

December 27, 2009 02:01 pm at 2:01 pm |
  7. Bob in Maryland

Hat's off to you, James, for hanging in there with that "no-party" woman. You drew the short straw but you hung in there.

December 27, 2009 02:12 pm at 2:12 pm |
  8. Carol

As I have called this jerk "Snakehead" for years, there is no one interested in anything he says or does, except obviously you, CNN. As for Mary, she makes the remark "love is blind" truly realistic.

December 27, 2009 02:15 pm at 2:15 pm |
  9. Molly B

Uhhhh – what had Frankie been drinking before he sent his email. I think Matlin and Carville are a charming, witty and knowledgeable
    couple. We need many more people like them in the country.

December 27, 2009 02:17 pm at 2:17 pm |
  10. pt

They are smart and interesting. Their vocations are compartmentilized, but their family is one.

December 27, 2009 02:54 pm at 2:54 pm |
  11. Giovanni Barsetti

Is this news cnn?????

December 27, 2009 02:58 pm at 2:58 pm |
  12. SWEETPEA

Mr. Carville is a hoot and generally has tongue in cheek as well as other places we probably shouldn't know about.

December 27, 2009 03:00 pm at 3:00 pm |
  13. checi

They are both actors who are really cashing in on playing both sides. Why shouldn't they be happy? They are a team playing good party, bad party and everyone gives them lots of money for it.

December 27, 2009 03:08 pm at 3:08 pm |
  14. jules sand-perkins

Franky, Land of Lincoln,
    would you send over to my house some of whatever you're having?
    And Happy New Year to you.

December 27, 2009 03:11 pm at 3:11 pm |
  15. Jim

I guess the hateful posters here didn't temper their ways because of Christmas. I hope none claim to be Christian. They find fault and hate in every little thing. God help America.

December 27, 2009 03:16 pm at 3:16 pm |
  16. diane

i love this couple

December 27, 2009 03:18 pm at 3:18 pm |
  17. Bob in Tennessee

What a nice clip! What I don't understand are the whiners and complainers about CNN's choice of subjects. You have a nice variety, a little bit biased towards the liberal side, but I'm voting with the liberals these days and it's fine with me.

The Carville family is amazing to most of us–that they can be so outspokenly opinionated on opposite sides and still get along. Obviously, they have affection, commitment and compromise going for them in their lives. Thanks for sharing the diversity they bring to your news shows.

December 27, 2009 03:22 pm at 3:22 pm |
  18. ginny

He got Bill Clinton elected by keeping him on point "its about the economy stupid" He rambles and sometimes he is wrong and she looks like a typical Republican wearing a broom stick in a body orifice but so what they are fun to watch cuz they are on opp sides.

Why is everyone so nuts about this story its a fill in. Nothing to say about Tiger today so they had to fill in while they wait for another Tiger ho ho to appear in the news.

December 27, 2009 03:31 pm at 3:31 pm |
  19. patsy

They are both entertainers and I enjoy their show.

December 27, 2009 03:32 pm at 3:32 pm |
  20. Preston kathy

Pkm i like james but when i see his bald head he reminds me of a bull if james got mad i would run

December 27, 2009 03:38 pm at 3:38 pm |
  21. Mave in ca

James Carville is cool! Mary Matalin, hmmmm! More power to them for making it work. Myself, I could never deal with people who's ideas are diametrically opposed. Those who cannot or will not at least listen to opposing views, are persons I avoid like the plague!

December 27, 2009 03:38 pm at 3:38 pm |
  22. DENNA

My only real question is: "How can he stand to be married to that obnoxious Republican't hack?" Her party has nearly destroyed this country and yet she still appears in public with a straight face. There's no secret to their marriage. Opposites attract.

December 27, 2009 03:40 pm at 3:40 pm |
  23. Carmela, Longwood, Florida

James, Mary: get a room, guys!!! This lovefest of late is raising my sugar levels.... Although I never imagined how in God's earth your marriage could last, I am happy it does, that you are both still in love. Wish the best to you and your girls. I am all for love, regardless of party.

December 27, 2009 03:43 pm at 3:43 pm |
  24. Annie, Atlanta

I have a secret for James Carville regarding his wife Mary Matalin. We're not going to fall for her revisionist nonsense. She was on CNN this morning talking about how George Bush inherited the 2001 recession and 9/11 from Bill Clinton. The 2001 recession started in March of 2001, after Bush took office, and deepend after 9/11. The attacks on 9/11 happened nearly 8 months after Bush took office. Do Republicans think if they just keep repeating their historical revisions they will take hold? Yes, because you know what, the media gives them carte blanche to do just that!

December 27, 2009 03:47 pm at 3:47 pm |
  25. Dennis

I don't think either one of them could live with any one else.

December 27, 2009 03:49 pm at 3:49 pm |