January 1st, 2010

Tests reveal 'nothing wrong' with Limbaugh's heart

Rush Limbaugh said Friday that doctors 'found absolutely nothing wrong' with his heart.

(CNN) – Tests that were performed on Rush Limbaugh after he was admitted to a Hawaii hospital for chest pains "found absolutely nothing wrong," the conservative talk show host said Friday.

"It was a blessing," Limbaugh told reporters at The Queen's Medical Center where he was admitted Wednesday.

Doctors gave Limbaugh an angiogram Thursday that revealed no evidence of arterial or coronary disease, he said. The cause of his pain - which he called "very real" - has not been determined.

Filed under: Rush Limbaugh
  1. Darla (Edmonton, Canada)

He has a heart??? Who knew???

January 1, 2010 05:43 pm at 5:43 pm |
  2. Amazed

Obviously it is not his heart. It is his brain that lacks normalcy, even when it comes to controlling his own other organs.

January 1, 2010 05:44 pm at 5:44 pm |
  3. so rich even obama couldn't hurt me but you middle class folk should worry

Thank God! get better Rush, I really hope I don't read crazy blogs from crazy libs about this because I hate the Presidents policies and our libs in congress but would NEVER find joy in their ill. Its politics people, relax educate yourself believe in something and fight for what you believe in.

January 1, 2010 05:45 pm at 5:45 pm |
  4. John

Democrat here...Even though I agree with absolutely nothing that comes out of Limbaughs mouth, it's good to hear that there was "nothing wrong."

January 1, 2010 05:45 pm at 5:45 pm |
  5. Marie Laveaux

It was probably trapped gas, god knows he' full of it. Even though i can't stand his obnoxious ways, I am glad to know he is free of heart disease. I hope he learned a little humility and compassion from this experience. I note that he stated that there is nothing wrong with our health care system, it's the best in the world...true only if you can afford it, Mr. Limbaugh.

January 1, 2010 05:45 pm at 5:45 pm |
  6. Edith, Michigan

Limbaugh's heart is just poisoned by hate.

January 1, 2010 05:50 pm at 5:50 pm |
  7. Tammy

ya mean he has one?

January 1, 2010 05:53 pm at 5:53 pm |
  8. Lori STL

"nothing wrong with Limbaugh's heart" is debateable.

January 1, 2010 05:53 pm at 5:53 pm |
  9. Stu-SWFlorida

Nothing wrong other than the clog and back up caused by the BS he has pumping through his veins.

January 1, 2010 05:55 pm at 5:55 pm |
  10. Richard

Nothing is wrong with his heart huh? I think the doctors need to look a little bit closer.

January 1, 2010 05:58 pm at 5:58 pm |
  11. sparky

Are they sure this guy has a heart ??? How about a brain...??

January 1, 2010 06:00 pm at 6:00 pm |
  12. Liberal4Obama

Of course there is nothing wrong with his heart because... He has NO heart !

January 1, 2010 06:00 pm at 6:00 pm |
  13. Ellen

Rush calls it a blessing, I don`t. And of course he sees nothing wrong with the health care system, it is perfect for those like him who can afford it, just not for the rest of us common folk. Do you really believe that there is nothing wrong with his heart just because he says so. After his years of drug abuse, I don`t. I have seen too many much younger people die because of various drugs.

January 1, 2010 06:02 pm at 6:02 pm |
  14. GI Joe

Just heard on news – he admitted he has been taking "non-prescription drugs". Hmmmm - MUST be aspirin (cough cough)

January 1, 2010 06:02 pm at 6:02 pm |
  15. Steve

HHmmm.......I can only wonder what the full list of Mr. Limbaugh's symptoms were. It would not be of surprise if in fact he had a panic attack or escalating anxiety. A panic attack is particularly frightening because by definition it comes out of nowhere. That is, unlike anxiety that is rooted in ongoing worry , a panic attack does not. And a panic attack often mimics heart attack with sweats, chest pain, and intense, crushing anxiety. Fear that one is dying is often part of the picture. Makes me wonder if the god of the golden mike is actually a bit more challenged than was already apparent......

January 1, 2010 06:03 pm at 6:03 pm |
  16. Don in Kansas

I knew he was faking it.....just like Limbaugh said Michael J. Fox was faking his Parkinson's disease.

January 1, 2010 06:03 pm at 6:03 pm |
  17. GI Joe

Anybody noticed Boehner's toupee lately? Must have gotten a new one for Christmas.

January 1, 2010 06:03 pm at 6:03 pm |
  18. Son of NC

Of course there is nothing wrong with his heart. He simply doesn't have one. My guess is that is was simply gas pain.............

January 1, 2010 06:04 pm at 6:04 pm |
  19. leon pa

He leid!!!!!!!!!!!!

January 1, 2010 06:07 pm at 6:07 pm |
  20. J

He has a heart?

January 1, 2010 06:08 pm at 6:08 pm |
  21. shinden58

Guess he was looking for a way to get back into the spotlight. Please go away and stay away.

January 1, 2010 06:08 pm at 6:08 pm |
  22. proud conservative

Thank God that you are ok Rush and I hope to hear you on the radio soon.

January 1, 2010 06:11 pm at 6:11 pm |
  23. annie s

Sure there's something wrong with his heart – it's hardened against helping his fellow man. The nerve of this fool to use his health scare to tell us how we have the "best health care system in the world" – – sure we do Rush, as long as you make 35 million a year and can pay for everything without fear of bankruptcy.

January 1, 2010 06:12 pm at 6:12 pm |
  24. terri Sel

And they actually found he had a heart????

January 1, 2010 06:13 pm at 6:13 pm |
  25. johnchristopher saskatchewan

When did you people abrogate your responsibility of seeking truth and reporting real news. Limbaugh says there is nothng wrong with the American medical system....and you just sit there....Well, "I guess we'll just leave it there," huh, Suzanne? My God, when did CNN turn into cheerleaders for the great American soap opera? Shame.

January 1, 2010 06:13 pm at 6:13 pm |