January 7th, 2010

Bill Clinton and Obama meeting Thursday

Washington (CNN) – Presidents present and past team up at the White House Thursday, when President Barack Obama hosts former President Bill Clinton in the Oval Office. The official White House schedule lists the meeting as closed.

An administration source tells CNN that the meeting is a "check-in" between the two men.

The last sitdown meeting between the president and former president took place on September 14, when the two men met for lunch in New York City.

While at 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue, the former president is also expected to visit with White House Chief of Staff Rahm Emanuel, who served as senior adviser to Clinton during the 1990's.

Filed under: Bill Clinton • President Obama
  1. Betsy

I'm glad President Obama is meeting with President Clinton.
    The bag of destruction that new President Obama was handed his first day of office will take a long time, longer than a year that he has been at it so far to repair this damage and he says he welcomes ideas for help from anyone. Remember President Clinton knows alot of the world leaders and is a personal friend of alot of them and is working with them through his "Clinton Initiative" and also knows Washington and the dealings that go on and the games that are played daily.

January 7, 2010 02:12 pm at 2:12 pm |
  2. hongli

Love him or Hate him Bill Clinton still is one of the most respectful human being in the world and he has my appreciation.

January 7, 2010 02:18 pm at 2:18 pm |
  3. Irma in North Carolina

I think that the republicans should have their own website for their people to comment on. Cause all they can do is late hate flow out of their mouth. We dont need them on here commenting, it would be different if they had something good to say.

January 7, 2010 02:21 pm at 2:21 pm |
  4. Lefty

If Republicans complain and cry, Democrats are doing there job. That is the change I voted for!

January 7, 2010 02:25 pm at 2:25 pm |
  5. Ed Turner, Indianapolis

I just wish that those who say Obama has been a disaster would be honest enough to admit that it takes more than one year to crawl out of the mess bush/cheney took eight years to make. And if repubs were really to be honest with themselves (fat chance) they would admit on every polictial blog in this country that they hated Obama even before he became President. That's the least I hope. I dare not wish for them to admit they really, really, really, hate the thought of a Black Man being in "their" White House, running, "their" country.

Hey call a spade a spade why don't you LOL.

Geez why did I try to use humor to communicate with repubs? They have none.

January 7, 2010 02:33 pm at 2:33 pm |
  6. Sarah

I thought he was scared Bill would be too involved?
    He knows he needs all the help he can get.
    And who better to get it from than one of the bes ever!

January 7, 2010 02:37 pm at 2:37 pm |
  7. MikeMaz

I like it. I have to admit it though that I voted for Obama but wanted Hillary. She was much more prepared. I like him but she would have been better with Obama getting his turn after her. This country could have been do different if Gore had won in 2000 and Hillary in 2008. It saddens me what we have become.

January 7, 2010 02:47 pm at 2:47 pm |
  8. Obama Mama

Two Great Men....Don't let the republicans in. They may ruin the carpet

January 7, 2010 02:47 pm at 2:47 pm |
  9. Republicans spread fake news and rumors

This is just a meeting between two great presidents. Republicans = done and Obama = 7more prosperous years in cleaning Bush and the GOP mess.

January 7, 2010 03:06 pm at 3:06 pm |