January 12th, 2010

Cue the Senate race spellcheck

ALT TEXT

A new ad from Massachusetts Attorney General Martha Coakley - the Democratic candidate to replace the late Sen. Ted Kennedy - misspells her home state of Massachusetts. (Photo Credit: Coakley Campaign)

Updated: 5:16 p.m.

Filed under: Martha Coakley • Massachusetts • Popular Posts • Scott Brown
  1. Wayne

Too funny

January 12, 2010 03:47 pm at 3:47 pm |
  2. Drew

Yes, because morons are a much better choice to represent our state.

January 12, 2010 03:48 pm at 3:48 pm |
  3. John in Indy

Lets see, she left persuaded the governor of mass to leave an innocent man in prison for her own political gain even tho the parole board was unanimous in its vote for clemency. I don't trust her for any reason!

January 12, 2010 03:48 pm at 3:48 pm |
  4. Marc

She'll be perfect Democrat, I'm sure she will read every bill as well as she reads her own advertisements.

January 12, 2010 03:52 pm at 3:52 pm |
  5. Jay

Yeah... this is big news. Want me to start a website dedicated to CNN's misspellings and (as of late) numerous sentence fragments? C'mon.

Anyway, Massachusetts is a hard one to spell in the first place.

Slow news day, I guess.

January 12, 2010 03:52 pm at 3:52 pm |
  6. Rinda Lynn Ferguson

When did it become a crime to make unfortunate simple mistakes? What right do any of us have to seek pure perfection? If when we all look in the mirror and do not find perfection there, do we have the right to expect to find perfection anywhere? So, she made a mistake. Don't we all? Should she be raked over the coals for it? Nickpicky to me to say the least.

January 12, 2010 03:53 pm at 3:53 pm |
  7. Sue

The Democrats thought that just because it was Kennedy's former seat--that it would be just handed to Coakley.

As Brown said during the debate last night......"This is not Ted Kennedy's seat.....This is the people's seat"

However, has NOT been that easy for them.

The Massachusetts State Police Association and the Boston Herald have both endorsed Scott Brown.

Brown's campaign raised $1.3 million in 24 hours.

Now, the Democrats are having to fight to keep this seat.

And, this is even in a Democrat stronghold state.

GO SCOTT BROWN!!!!

January 12, 2010 03:54 pm at 3:54 pm |
  8. Gary

I would vote for Brown – - not just because he can spell but because he can stop the Dems from raising taxes and passing a healthcare reform disaster. The last thing that this country needs is another Democrat in the Senate.

January 12, 2010 03:55 pm at 3:55 pm |
  9. Phil

If you can't spell the name of your home state correctly, how do you expect to win? I understand she didn't make it, but she approved it, so let's see her ridiculed ala Quayle

January 12, 2010 04:03 pm at 4:03 pm |
  10. Greg Pottstown PA

I love it when people say that they can't AFFORD a fiscal conservative. Am I the only one that sees that this is an oxymoron?
    Lets tell the truth If he is even close to winning in Mass It speaks very well for conservatives and should signal to the rest of the country's liberals that they have a hard run till November.

January 12, 2010 04:03 pm at 4:03 pm |
  11. JR

GOP's would do anything they can, so they can be part of the government. They would be broadcasting so many good things that they would do, as member of government, to improve American well-being.
    Once in the government, the only thing they would be telling people who put them in the government, is that “the government has to be out of American lives”.
    Ironically, none of them has ever campaigned that he/she is running with the only purpose to have the government out of American lives.
    It is very confusing. Isn’t?

January 12, 2010 04:07 pm at 4:07 pm |
  12. Rickster

Another democrat rocket scientist wanting to impose her socialist agenda on the country. Scott Brown is, by far, the better candidate.

January 12, 2010 04:08 pm at 4:08 pm |
  13. Billy Bathgate

...and Dan Quayle was run out of the country on a rail for the "potato" incident.

One has to give the Democrats credit for their creative flair. First it was the White House reporting fictitious jobs in fictictious congressional districts. Now Martha Coakley wants to be the junior senator from the 51st state of the US.

I say avoid the experience and give her the senate seat of Massachusettes.

January 12, 2010 04:09 pm at 4:09 pm |
  14. John D.

A Senator Brown would be the best thing in the world for Mass. It would mean even the most liberal of states are fed up with what is happening in the worl of backdoor politics. Coakley would fit right in there!

January 12, 2010 04:10 pm at 4:10 pm |
  15. Jim

Do you really think that she personally created the ad? That she personally typed the copy? Gimme a break!

January 12, 2010 04:10 pm at 4:10 pm |
  16. Marion/Birmingham,Al

I like Oakley,but if she has to lose to stop this stupid health care bill,then by all means elect Brown.

January 12, 2010 04:10 pm at 4:10 pm |
  17. Stupid Democrats

Typical idiot Democrat. I guess when you feel entitled, spelling doesn't matter.

January 12, 2010 04:12 pm at 4:12 pm |
  18. Wendy

wow! Now that is funny. Memories of Dan Quail come to mind....

January 12, 2010 04:12 pm at 4:12 pm |
  19. Otis

Yep. She can't spell her own state on a message she approved and she will be working on our health care if she's elected?

We're hosed.

January 12, 2010 04:14 pm at 4:14 pm |
  20. Anonymous

You bunch of panty wastes – you can't afford NOT to have Scott Brown! Wake up people.

January 12, 2010 04:14 pm at 4:14 pm |
  21. Jonathan Parent

Oops... Did you just refer to her as Representative Martha Coakley instead of AG Coakley?

Rep. Scott Brown
    AG Martha Coakley

January 12, 2010 04:17 pm at 4:17 pm |
  22. Jasmine in Germany

That's as good as a marketing faux pas is going to get. Tsk, tsk. For a number of other reasons, it's also a bad ad. I can understand Rep. Coakley if she is upset...who does the ad say approved and authorized it?

January 12, 2010 04:17 pm at 4:17 pm |
  23. Jonathan Parent

Wow. Senator Scott Brown.

I take everything back.

January 12, 2010 04:18 pm at 4:18 pm |
  24. JMikey54

OMG she is human!!!!!

January 12, 2010 04:19 pm at 4:19 pm |
  25. geecee

Yes, I am sure Martha herself wrote the copy for this ad. That's it, I won't be voting for her because of this. What an effront, an absolute insult to the residents of Massachusett(e)s, and this should eliminate her from contention. No doubt about it. I don't care if she is the best qualified candidate or anything else. This decides it for me. (Oh, I forget, I don't live in Massachusett(e)s so I guess I don't have a choice. But if I did–well, you know I wouldn't vote for her over this!!!)

January 12, 2010 04:21 pm at 4:21 pm |