January 13th, 2010

Palin calls book claims 'BS'

Palin is refuting a new political book's claims.
Palin is refuting a new political book's claims.

(CNN) - Sarah Palin is slamming a new book about the 2008 presidential campaign that largely portrays the then-vice presidential candidate as wholly unprepared for the national stage and poorly versed in a range of pressing issues.

The book – "Game Change," written by political reporters Mark Halperin and John Heilemann - alleges McCain aides quickly grew troubled with Palin's lack of understanding on key issues, including the job of the Federal Reserve, the difference between North and South Korea, and the purpose of the war in Afghanistan.

"It's a bunch of BS from [McCain campaign manager Steve] Schmidt and those guys," Palin said. "It's pretty made up."

But the former Alaska governor did confirm one of the book's allegations: not knowing exactly who was behind the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks and falsely believing former Iraqi President Saddam Hussein played a role.

"I did talk a lot to Steve Schmidt about the history of the war….could there have been any connection to Saddam [Hussein]," she said. "So I admit that I asked questions about it."

Filed under: Popular Posts • Sarah Palin
  1. Mike Chino Hills, Ca

I watched the Interview with O'Reilly. As a former Fox viewer, I can't believe the free pass he gave her. It is very clear she does "NOT" have a clear understanding of the issues and real world solutions. The battle against terror, global warming, international trade? Sarah is obnoxious and clearly-clearly out of her league. I'm not a genius, but I can spot a BS'er from a mile away.

January 13, 2010 10:34 am at 10:34 am |
  2. Annie, Atlanta

This is what "news" has come to? Someone who thinks Africa is a country and can't understand why there is a No. and So. Korea is a Fox "News" Network contributor. Where can I get a paid gig like that? I actually know that there are two separate Korean countries, and that Africa is actually a continent. This should be a wake up call to all news organizations out there. This is how low you can go. Have you?

January 13, 2010 10:34 am at 10:34 am |
  3. NYC

So CNN is saying Sarah Palin is more important than Obama soon to be requesting congress for more $$$ for the war in Iraq and Afghanistan – a Record request – good work – pat yourselves in the back for being subjective CNN.

January 13, 2010 10:35 am at 10:35 am |
  4. CitizenJP

I think it is time Gov. Palin should face her own ignorance and not prolong the game any further.

January 13, 2010 10:35 am at 10:35 am |
  5. Nobodys Perfecft

Sarah – did you even READ the book? Do you now know what books/periodicals/newspapers you DO read? Most likely, Mark Halperin and John Heilemann did talk to McCain aides to gather info for their book ... otherwise it would be just slander.

You WERE completely unprepared to be VP – you didn't even know what the VP's responsibilities were; you didn't know that Africa was a continent; you didn't know ALOT and still don't know much. Except how to exploit yourself.

FOX snooze will soon learn they made a mistake in "hiring" you. And I'm surprised you didn't quit half way through the first show lol

January 13, 2010 10:35 am at 10:35 am |
  6. Jin

Sarah Palin is making an honest refutation. These guys obviously live in a different universe than her: Reality!! She has obviously learned from the Repugnican media machine...when caught, lie, obfuscate, deflect,
    misdirect, dissociate, or simply change the subject. It worked for Reagen and even better for Bush. Who can blame the poor Alaskan bumpkin for using tried and true efforts to salvage something shiney from under all the feces.

January 13, 2010 10:36 am at 10:36 am |
  7. PEACE ON EARTH

THIS 'woman' is a liar and an idiot and the WHOLE WORLD KNOWS it. (Why again, is there a North and South Korea????)

She is a laughing stock with EVERYONE I chat with AROUND THE WORLD.

She can keep spouting HER 'BS' just as much as she would like. It helps the citizenry of the world to see just what hypocrits and liars the Rethuglicans are.

January 13, 2010 10:36 am at 10:36 am |
  8. Gate

Anyone who still thought Hussein was behind 911 in the 2008 is an absolute moron. This was discredited before the Iraq war. Our commander in chief should be educated on world events long before running for office. She shouldn't have to learn about something that is common knowledge to anyone who casually reads a newspaper. She certainly shouldn't have to learn everything in a 2 week cram session. The Presidency is not like studying for college finals. What a disgrace to her party.

January 13, 2010 10:36 am at 10:36 am |
  9. wake up

Why does Schmidt even get a mic? The guy is regarded as running the worst campaigns in modern presidential history. The guy needs to lie in order to make any dough. Can journalists be smarter?? Cnn and all other lib networks will do anything discredit Palin.

January 13, 2010 10:37 am at 10:37 am |
  10. Josh

Dear Lord, what an idiot. It's 2008 and she is asking questions about

"who was behind the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks and falsely believing former Iraqi President Saddam Hussein played a role."

On September 12th we knew who was behind the attacks and after a couple years of being in Iraq we knew Saddam had nothing to do with it. This was the person some Republicans wanted to take over the country once McCain croaked? God.

And to think she is being touted as a viable 2012 candidate. Regardless of most of her values, it's an insult to intelligent Republicans to even mention her as a possibility. To be ready for 2012 she'd need to start studying now and take a cheat sheet into the debates and I seriously doubt she'd make the cut.

BTW, I am a Republican.

January 13, 2010 10:37 am at 10:37 am |
  11. R in Maine

There is nothing new here. She was never qualified to be VP, or even governor of Alaska. She will fit right in at Fox. They are liars. unfaithful to the United States, and so is she.

January 13, 2010 10:38 am at 10:38 am |
  12. Chris W

Brilliant that a state governor in 2008 needed a fact check on Saddam's involvement with 911. You know Dick Cheney did his job and why so many people love Sarah Palin. They absolutely do. not. want. to. know.
    (her own son was on the way there!?)
    Todd Palin, Alaskan Seperatist party 8 year membership... One has to wonder if Sarah and Todd were so detached from America that they thought they had established their own country out of her governorship? Maybe they were sending there own son off to a war they "hadn't really looked into" in some sorta gesture of feudal political tribute and that was all they needed to know at the time.
    Till these other idiotic Republican called her up to the Big House.
    I CANNOT BELIEVE THESE REPTEPLICANS TRIED TO HOIST THIS SOW ON OUR NATION.

January 13, 2010 10:38 am at 10:38 am |
  13. bill

shes about as bad as they come

January 13, 2010 10:38 am at 10:38 am |
  14. SGJ

Commander Dumb-Dumb strikes again. Please – please I beg you to run again.

January 13, 2010 10:38 am at 10:38 am |
  15. JES

I dont believe a thing this person says. She is a nincompoop.

January 13, 2010 10:38 am at 10:38 am |
  16. Mitch Goulet

Palin is still as screwy as she was during the campaign. babbling on about anything and every thing and none of it making any sense.
    She states, "These reporters were not any part of what I was doing there as the VP candidate," Palin said on Fox News Tuesday, her first appearance on the network as a paid contributor. "I don't know who they are. I haven't met these guys." So basically she is trying to say the individuals making the claims are clueless. sorry to tell you Palin, you are the only clueless one here. She then admits that she does know someone, well I sure would hope so since he was the McCain campaign manager Steve Schmidt.
    It continues to amaze me why anyone would want this person in charge of anything. She has some serious issues mentally.

January 13, 2010 10:39 am at 10:39 am |
  17. Mr. Man

Well now Sara Palin is not hiding her true colors: Cashing in on McCain's choice of her as a running mate;

January 13, 2010 10:39 am at 10:39 am |
  18. Danny

Just the fact that Ms. Palin had to ask someone about the history of the war in Iraq speaks volumes. Even a casual observer who watches or reads news reports knows a great deal about this war that's been going on for almost 7 years. For someone involved in politics, even at the state level, to be ignorant about such a major event in our country is inexcusable! Sarah is right where she belongs now...on FOX news...where knowledge of the facts is not important.

January 13, 2010 10:40 am at 10:40 am |
  19. Jennifer NYC

OMG! Let her keep talking so those people who support her for future office will understand once and for all she doesn't comprehend even what is said, let alone elucidate her own thoughts and has little knowledge about anything. Steve Schmidt was so right. All one has to do is listen to her – which is difficult for me, I admit – and you understand she talks wacky and is wacky. The recount that she couldn't get it through her head that Joe Biden's last name was not O'Biden is hilarious but truly sad that John McCain selected this woman without any vetting to put someone like her a heartbeat away from the Presidency. I have lost respect for Senator McCain.

January 13, 2010 10:40 am at 10:40 am |
  20. MJR

I couldn't believe CCN having all their shows aboout Haiti. Trying to help them. And I turn to Fox and here's Palin talking ( I should say lying ) They asked her to be on 60 Min. but she wouldn't . She could have faced them and said what was true. If it was me and someone wrote lies about me , I would want to be face to face with them. That should show anyone with half a brain , SHE'S LYING

Oh, I'm from South and White. These people down here believes if they go to church and say all the right things in the bible, like Palin, Bush and JIM JONES, they are telling the truth.

Why wasn't Fox talking about Haiti and trying to get people to help? I thought they were a News Station.

January 13, 2010 10:40 am at 10:40 am |
  21. pat c.

i watched palin on FOX last night and she is saying the same old rehearsed policy quotes. her same message is very tiring and the american people now see she is very much UNQUALIFIED to run for any office of the government. bill o'rily was very soft on her and did not push her to say more than what she has already rehearsed to say about political tactics. she kept looking down as if she had written down her answers before the show. tea party folks will still love her and intelligent people will still think she is stupid. she is in the only job now that will let her get away with ignorance of facts and will go nowhere in the meantime. FOX news did not do a thing to make me want to watch the right attack the left with nothing but lies and distortions of the truth by adding a nobody like sarah palin to their already biased agenda.

January 13, 2010 10:40 am at 10:40 am |
  22. susan

oh God..........she is a piece of art.

January 13, 2010 10:40 am at 10:40 am |
  23. Steven Daedalus

Its tought to have fun these days but this sure makes me smile. Dufus Republicans.

January 13, 2010 10:40 am at 10:40 am |
  24. Jeff Brown in Jersey

Enjoy the limelight while you can Sarah. Your looks are starting to fade and soon people will stop falling over themselves to adore you. You will then be revealed to be the empty vessel you actually are. Sad

January 13, 2010 10:40 am at 10:40 am |
  25. wendy

I read this....so sick of her...and then I thought.....I will put my energy and thoughts in to Hati....That is what I am going to care about today....That is worth spending my energy on....not BS.....

January 13, 2010 10:40 am at 10:40 am |