January 15th, 2010

Palin: Fox gig doesn't close the door to 2012

(CNN) - Despite speculation from some political observers that Sarah Palin has ruled out a 2012 presidential bid in favor of a television career at Fox news, the former Alaska governor said all options still remain on the table.

Appearing Thursday night on Fox News - where Palin is now a formal contributor - Palin dismissed predictions her television deal means she has closed the door to a presidential bid:

"You know, I'm not going to close any doors for my future, for my family's future - don't know what's in the future, what it holds, but between now and whenever a big decision has to be made, I'm gonna do all that I can to help our country get back on the right track, and that's to get a message out there about solutions that I believe and a whole lot of Americans believe need to be plugged in," said the 2008 Republican vice presidential nominee.

Filed under: Sarah Palin
  1. Ray from Bisbee AZ

C'mon . . . does anyone really think that she'd take a pay cut to assume a responsible position where she'd actually have to do something?

January 15, 2010 09:36 am at 9:36 am |
  2. Ginger

Can this woman not learn how to speak properly? Did she never learn grammar or syntax?

January 15, 2010 09:37 am at 9:37 am |
  3. kcl

She's found her cozy little spot she's been looking for, she won't be budging. She's gonna stay right there, ya betcha!! It's all about her.

January 15, 2010 09:38 am at 9:38 am |
  4. Laurie

I personally do not care what she does. She is a creeper.

January 15, 2010 09:39 am at 9:39 am |
  5. al

from one conservative to another ms.palin. please don't run.

January 15, 2010 09:39 am at 9:39 am |
  6. louise

What an American disgrace of a woman.

January 15, 2010 09:40 am at 9:40 am |
  7. Show me the door

Her door is wide open but the white house's door is closed to her forever.

January 15, 2010 09:41 am at 9:41 am |
  8. patNY

Clueless Palin doesn't realize that being a Fox contributor makes out a huge public record for her democrats can pounce on if she decides to run in 2012.

BTW – what's up with her run-on rambling sentences?

January 15, 2010 09:42 am at 9:42 am |
  9. Jim

she's not presidential material in a number of areas. it would be a mistake for her to run. I hope the republican party is smarter than that.

January 15, 2010 09:42 am at 9:42 am |
  10. former Texas republican

I'm sure the rest of the world is hanging on the tenterhooks of impatient uncertainty awaiting her decision.

January 15, 2010 09:43 am at 9:43 am |
  11. Chas in Iowa

Lets see,.....walked away from her elected position as governor to go on a book tour for a book someone else wrote for her,....took a job with Faux News,......got the celebraty status of making the lie of the year,......can't speak in common English,.....
    Sounds like a good GOP candidate to me.

January 15, 2010 09:43 am at 9:43 am |
  12. Tam

ok, Sarah, please itemize and expand upon each of the many solutions you have to "get our country back on the right track" - i.e., not have a President who's black. Right?

Please be specific with your solutions. Just what is your message - CLEARLY, please.

January 15, 2010 09:44 am at 9:44 am |
  13. Bob from Pittsburgh

"" Thursday night on Fox News – where Palin is now a formal contributor""

Ha Ha ha ha..

This is just too much.. Hilarious...

What is she contributing?, when in fact she is functionally illiterate..

January 15, 2010 09:44 am at 9:44 am |
  14. "No one gets to walk between the rain." (Quote from Bob Seger); Randall in Torrance, CA (with two Master's Degrees from WWU)

Barbie Palin closed the door when she opened her uneducated mouth in front of the American public. Even if she somehow gets educated her ideas are what broke America's back in the first place. Stay with Fixed News Palin, that's your retirement home.

January 15, 2010 09:45 am at 9:45 am |
  15. anon72

You go Girl!!!!

Keep making them sweat.

I can't beleive a little 45 yr old woman from Alaska can strike fear into so many.

Sounds like you are exactlyl what we need.

Thanks CNN for keeping the lime light on Sarahcutta. Go 2012

January 15, 2010 09:45 am at 9:45 am |
  16. Midwest

Whatever. Bring it, Palin. Seeing you lose by the historic margin you'll end up with will be a sweet feeling.

Hey Republicans, get a candidate that matters, not one that garners ratings because of how she looks.

January 15, 2010 09:45 am at 9:45 am |
  17. JA/TN

she closed the door upon resigning as governor

January 15, 2010 09:47 am at 9:47 am |
  18. Informed Voter

Could she mangle the English language any more? Thank goodness she is at Fox, spewing her rhetoric, and with every quote, once again displays her ignorance for all to see.

January 15, 2010 09:47 am at 9:47 am |
  19. Curiouswondering

Anybody else feel like you've fallen down the rabbit hole when you see and hear this woman? Who's pawn is she? And why? Connect the dots.
    And watch mythology in the making; the new icon of manipulation made just for you, my fellow American. Chilling absolutely chilling.

January 15, 2010 09:48 am at 9:48 am |
  20. gotta hav

Oh my...I can't imagine her not running in 2012. If she didn't run, who would be the next FEAR target of CNN and the Democrat Party?

If there's a political party full of HATE, it's you whack jobs who call yourselves, open and fair minded Democrats. Don't believe me, read the vile stuff you people write.

PARTY AT MY HOUSE 01/20/2013

January 15, 2010 09:48 am at 9:48 am |
  21. mjm

I saw her last night on Fox. She was great....no teleprompter.

January 15, 2010 09:48 am at 9:48 am |
  22. susanj

Sarah Palin used to scare me, because of her stupidity and arrogance. After her answer to Beck regarding her favorite founding father just made me realize that I don't need to worry about her, what we true Americans need to worry about are the people in this country who like her and think she is the best choice they have as a candidate for the 2012 election. How anyone in their right mind can support this woman is totally beyond me. There is something seriously wrong with not just her, but the people who like her.

January 15, 2010 09:48 am at 9:48 am |
  23. Chuck

Those mysterious "solutions" that never seem to have detail or form. Palin's "interviews" on FOX the past three nights have been hilarious, especially the one with the newly saved Saint, Glenn Beck. Watching the two fawn over each other as they talked about divine intervention was beyond belief.

January 15, 2010 09:48 am at 9:48 am |
  24. Dan

Cue the liberals to go nuts with their mindless banter ...

January 15, 2010 09:49 am at 9:49 am |
  25. Leigh

Can she please work on her run-on sentences? Are you sure she went to college for journalism?!? I wouldn't even hire her as a journalist, let along the PRESIDENT of the United States of America.

Seriously, how do Palin fans support her? (Maybe Palin is purposely speaking like that JUST to please her fans?)

I can be tolerant of others while still expecting a certain level of intelligence for someone who has run for VP (or might run again for something else).

January 15, 2010 09:49 am at 9:49 am |