January 15th, 2010

Palin: Fox gig doesn't close the door to 2012

(CNN) - Despite speculation from some political observers that Sarah Palin has ruled out a 2012 presidential bid in favor of a television career at Fox news, the former Alaska governor said all options still remain on the table.

Appearing Thursday night on Fox News - where Palin is now a formal contributor - Palin dismissed predictions her television deal means she has closed the door to a presidential bid:

"You know, I'm not going to close any doors for my future, for my family's future - don't know what's in the future, what it holds, but between now and whenever a big decision has to be made, I'm gonna do all that I can to help our country get back on the right track, and that's to get a message out there about solutions that I believe and a whole lot of Americans believe need to be plugged in," said the 2008 Republican vice presidential nominee.

Filed under: Sarah Palin
  1. Benjamin Dover

Reading her comments and listening to her is truly painful for the senses. I doubt anyone has been any dumber that has entered the public eye. I sincerely hope this wingnut runs in 2012. We will need the comedy.

January 15, 2010 10:04 am at 10:04 am |
  2. max

LOL like she could get elected dog catcher..................

January 15, 2010 10:04 am at 10:04 am |
  3. Charles P.

I think she really is a stepford wife. The same recording over and over and over again!

January 15, 2010 10:05 am at 10:05 am |
  4. EL

what a useless SLAB of flesh. fox and her are right for eachother they all LIE!!!

January 15, 2010 10:05 am at 10:05 am |
  5. Robert

Thank goodness, I was worried about the future without Sarah Palin. Please run, Please, Please, Please LOLOL

January 15, 2010 10:05 am at 10:05 am |
  6. ThinkAgain

Palin is a quitter and a runner. After the limelight of the presidential campaign, she couldn't handle the stresses of her life:

1. Running a state during economic tough times.
    2. Facing ethics charges.
    3. Son serving in Iraq.
    4. Pregnant, unwed, teenage daughter; the baby's father and his family a tabloid dream come true.
    5. Special needs child.
    6. No more budget for hair and clothes.

Injecting herself in politics, playing the victim card about her disastrous turn as VP candidate, her book tour and now Fox: They are all just distractions from a challenging life she simply doesn't want to deal with.

Palin = Quitter, Liar, Mooch

January 15, 2010 10:06 am at 10:06 am |
  7. S.B. Stein E.B. NJ

She will be there long enough to get some more face time on TV. I hope that Fox didn't give her a huge advance because they would be out that money. She is going to run as soon as she is able to vote in another state.

I would like to know what she sees as solutions to problems like getting affordable health care to more Americans; the climate change issues (droughts & floods); financial and corporate giants doing really crazy things to make money and then collapsing taking average citizens money with them amoung other issues.

January 15, 2010 10:07 am at 10:07 am |
  8. Dave C - NJ

I know the conservatives will be complaining that the "left is so full of hate" and that "Palin has more experience than Obama" however...I can't resist!

THIS WOMAN IS AS DUMB AS A BAG OF ROCKS!

January 15, 2010 10:07 am at 10:07 am |
  9. annie against biased news

I bet Gov. Palin's remarks burst a lot of bubbles for the far-left lunatics including obama and his chicago mafia administration. Probably deflated the over the top inflated ego of obama.

SARAH PALIN – 2012

January 15, 2010 10:08 am at 10:08 am |
  10. Mr. Phil

But when the DNC approaches Ed Schultz (who has NEVER expressed real interest in running for public office) about running for the Senate in North Dakota, the right-wing fascists demand that he resign from his show. Yet, it's acceptable for Failin' Palin to basically "keep her options open" (not to mention that Huckabee will probably run in 2012) and still be a pundit (able to campaign from now until 2012)? The hypocrisy of the right is never-ending.

January 15, 2010 10:08 am at 10:08 am |
  11. Gary

"You know, I'm not going to close any doors for my future"
    Your not, We did.

January 15, 2010 10:09 am at 10:09 am |
  12. uncle ellsworthey

Guess all the lunatic liberal and progressive goons will jump all over this again. It's completely obvious they are exrtremely afraid of her and rightly so of course. Their guy isn't doing well at all and is destined to go down as a one termer. He's pretty much done now and by 2012 most anyone can beat him. My guess is he won't even run, kinda like the current crop of democrats who are retiring because they have no chance of winning in the mid-terms.

January 15, 2010 10:10 am at 10:10 am |
  13. Rick

We need the common-sense, HEARTLAND AMERICAN thinking of a Palin type of person, not the Harvard "never had a job in their lives" lawyer-type that holds most of the 537 positions of our joke of a government. They're so smart, they just can't understand how to pay their taxes, lower ours, etc.

January 15, 2010 10:11 am at 10:11 am |
  14. deercreek

The media now must face its deception, twisting of truth and relentless drama which has yielded to soap opera politics. Palin has successfully withstood outrageous negative smears and attacks against her personhood all the way from whether she is wearing boots at an interview to knowing the difference between North and South Korea. She has courage, stamina, heart and is a brilliant strategist. Let tongues go unbridled, but I know who will win! Truth always does no matter how it is distorted!

January 15, 2010 10:11 am at 10:11 am |
  15. brian in denver

I'm torn between the career joices now facing Sarah. If she runs for president, Obama is all but guaranteed a second term. If she becomes a permanent Faux News personality, it's a perfect fit for her: shoulder-to-shoulder w/ Hannity, Beck, et al.

January 15, 2010 10:12 am at 10:12 am |
  16. Dean

Bye bye Obama.

January 15, 2010 10:12 am at 10:12 am |
  17. Bill

Who cares what this bimbo does. It doesn't matter what she does-if she is on Fox or is a 2012 candidate, she still won't have any idea of what she's doing. The comics will have a field day.

January 15, 2010 10:13 am at 10:13 am |
  18. James

Are Americans really this stupid? Have we lost are collective minds? Palin has no more substance than the octomom, the Salahi's, Balloon Boy, the bachelorette, ad infinitum. The news, in a perverse sort of way, keeps promoting Palin as some kind of "[erson of interest" for God knows what! In a time where Rush Limbough, Bill O'Reilly, Karl Rove, and others of their ilk, are actually percieved by some as "real" news people, rather than the reality TV, divisive talking heads they are, we find ourselves at the crossroads between choosing this ridiculous Circus Maximus over an intelligent and creative future.

January 15, 2010 10:13 am at 10:13 am |
  19. sonny chapman

Republican Health Care Solution: Keep putting it on the back burner forever.

January 15, 2010 10:14 am at 10:14 am |
  20. Janis Alanis

What kind of rambling is this? Thinks I, she know not the way, very well, words together to put them.
    She's a journalist? Everything I read from her makes me think that she is, well, how shall I put it? Challenged? I have a hard time believing she even finished high school, much less college and to think a whole state elected her to office? This does not boost my confidence in the intellectual capacity of Alaska.
    Or the rest of the her followers. To be clear, I am not threatened by her message, but by the strength idiots in numbers.

January 15, 2010 10:14 am at 10:14 am |
  21. susiet123

just go home and raise your babies, Sarah. We dont need you, and we dont want you.

January 15, 2010 10:14 am at 10:14 am |
  22. You Betcha!!!!!!

It is funny that one who could not name a newspaper she read (although a very tough partisan question Palin would tell you), is now a "contributor" to Fox News, excuse me, Fox Entertainment. Just another reason to cancel cable in my opinion.

January 15, 2010 10:14 am at 10:14 am |
  23. Chad from Tampa

Why is Sarah Palin a threat to the left? Well for one anything she says makes news (Ticker). And all her stories on here get 300 comments in an hour. If she was as stupid and meaningless as the comments on here say then why all the fuss about her? If I didn't care about a particular person I wouldn't be reading Political Ticker stories about them all the time.

January 15, 2010 10:15 am at 10:15 am |
  24. jerseylou

What,have you lost the last of the little brain cells you have in that big head of yours.Pagan i mean Palin lets be clear if the ratings drop one inch on that stupid show you got, you can kiss your butt and your so call career goodbye.That means you have nothing, by being so evil and ignorant God don't want you and the devil done slam the door in your face.

January 15, 2010 10:16 am at 10:16 am |
  25. Peter

Yeah right....If you run you'll be badgered for QUITTING and have no idea what life of the middle class is because you sold a book of lies!

January 15, 2010 10:16 am at 10:16 am |