January 15th, 2010

Palin: Fox gig doesn't close the door to 2012

(CNN) - Despite speculation from some political observers that Sarah Palin has ruled out a 2012 presidential bid in favor of a television career at Fox news, the former Alaska governor said all options still remain on the table.

Appearing Thursday night on Fox News - where Palin is now a formal contributor - Palin dismissed predictions her television deal means she has closed the door to a presidential bid:

"You know, I'm not going to close any doors for my future, for my family's future - don't know what's in the future, what it holds, but between now and whenever a big decision has to be made, I'm gonna do all that I can to help our country get back on the right track, and that's to get a message out there about solutions that I believe and a whole lot of Americans believe need to be plugged in," said the 2008 Republican vice presidential nominee.

Filed under: Sarah Palin
  1. Val

Did anyone watch Glenn Beck interview her? I actually dont waste my time watching Faux -er Fox- News so I saw it on the Daily SHow last night. First time I've had sympathy for the woman– if I was her (which I thank my lucky stars I am not) I'd be so angry at him for the uncomfortable and beyond awkward interview. He gazes into her eyes the whole time, tongue hanging out drooling at her...the part with his journal entry was beyond unbelievable. I mean you cant write this stuff– reality tv at its best. She had discomfort written all over her face...it was so cheesy and gagalicious of Beck, what a tool.

January 15, 2010 10:29 am at 10:29 am |
  2. Gobsmacked

It's sad that Palin believes that being president is something to consider for the benefit of her and her family. LIke opening a family business or something. I'd think that one who undertakes that monumental task with his or her eyes open would approach it as an incredibly weighty endeavor. The prospect of such an ignoramus at this country's helm is scary.

January 15, 2010 10:29 am at 10:29 am |
  3. Barry

Palin in 2012? What an enormous joke. Mayor of a town that has more moose than people. Accidental Governor of Alaska – but QUIT before the end of the term.

I hope the Republicans do fall on their sword and nominate her.

January 15, 2010 10:29 am at 10:29 am |
  4. jeff ,alabama

So why the leader statement on your
    home page that indicates Palin has closed
    the door on 2012?
    I didn't see anything in her statement that
    indicated anything other than the door is
    still open.
    Kind of like when C.N.N. announced the six
    safest full size S.U.V. s in America last year.
    And then you had Robin Meade list the four
    imports.But you left out the two domestics.
    Not really lying.....just not telling the whole
    truth !!!!!

January 15, 2010 10:30 am at 10:30 am |
  5. dennisk

I believe that even a dim bulb like Sarah Palin must realize she is unqualified for any public office above local school board (evidenced by her failure to finish her term as governor of Alaska), and has no hope of surviving a White House bid.
    Her goal now is to keep herself in the public eye long enough to amass her retirement fund. "Public service" has never been her objective; recall the way she mocked Pres. Obama as a "community organizer"? The only service Ms. Palin is interested in is self-service. If she needs to deceive her nitwit followers into thinking she might actually run in 2012 to accomplish that goal, that's what she'll do.

January 15, 2010 10:31 am at 10:31 am |
  6. American Feminist

Let's try to resist the urge to comment on this article, people! We have to take it upon ourselves to remove Palin from the headlines. Plus, if I read one more "gonna," I'll yak. Ooops, there I go... commenting about her!!!

January 15, 2010 10:31 am at 10:31 am |
  7. Liz

i hope the republican'ts are dumb enough to select her to run against Obama. it would be the biggest landslide in the history of elections in this country. even if he decided not to seek re-election, he'd still beat her. the woman is a joke and she's too dumb to even know she's a joke.

January 15, 2010 10:32 am at 10:32 am |
  8. Get Real

She's gonna use FOX noise to run her campaign. And FOX noise will assist.

January 15, 2010 10:34 am at 10:34 am |
  9. FredG

I love how she talks in run-on sentences

January 15, 2010 10:35 am at 10:35 am |
  10. Tina, NC

So, will the Republicans threaten to sue Fox?
    From CNN's political ticker:

(CNN) – One day after MSNBC host Ed Schultz said Democrats had asked him to weigh a senatorial bid, Senate Republicans demanded that the network remove the liberal talker from their lineup until he ruled out a run, threatening legal action – even as Schultz himself denied any plans to launch a campaign.

The National Republican Senatorial Committee charged that his presence on the airwaves could mark a potential campaign finance violation.

January 15, 2010 10:35 am at 10:35 am |
  11. Tony

didn't msnbc get flack for not firing a contributor who the conservative media claimed was considering a run for office?

typical conservative/republican hypocrisy...

January 15, 2010 10:35 am at 10:35 am |
  12. kmp

Honestly I wish she would just go away. Such a hyporcrite she is everything she claimed Obama was or wasn't she definately isn't. So far she is a quitter, a definate celebrity hound who loves all the attention she is getting, never mind the harm it causes. She definately keeps company with characters who would harm this country Hannity and Beck.

But in all honestly I hope she runs because she would ensure Obama's second term so you betcha.

January 15, 2010 10:35 am at 10:35 am |
  13. Edna

Actuallly, I could care less if she doesn't rule out running for President in 2012. She is so dumb, it is unbelievable. There is nothing in that brain of hers that she can use to help our country get back on track. The more she talks, the more she indicates how pathetic she is. And no, I am not fearful of her. Why? I am a 63-year old woman and there is nothing that she can do to harm me. I know for a fact that she will never become the President of the United States, so I am safe. I never watched Fox Cable News, but i have watched a few clips since she has been on. Even Glenn Beck can't believe her stupidity. What a waste of fresh air. All you right wingnuts can blast our President all you want. He is a compassionate man who has a heart for the American people. Whether he runs in 2012 or not is irrelevant. He will do the best that he can in the time that he has. If the Republican Party EVER comes into power again, I would like to see what they will do to help the American people. I would suspect what they have done for the last twenty years, NOTHING. And you had better believe that I will be on their tails blasting their every move.

January 15, 2010 10:35 am at 10:35 am |
  14. Adam

Oh please do run. Then we can be for sure the Democrats will win in 2012. Also, Palin's biggest criticism of Obama was that he was acting like a celebrity . . . maybe she should take a little of her own advice?

January 15, 2010 10:35 am at 10:35 am |
  15. SD

I would vote for Palin if she ran for president of the three stooges fan club. That's about it.

January 15, 2010 10:36 am at 10:36 am |
  16. landas

Why, since Sara causes such a ratings boost, are the majority response to her comments negative. I suspect people tune in to see her make a fool of herself. She does not disappoint.

January 15, 2010 10:37 am at 10:37 am |
  17. Callie boulder

What a joke!

Sarah Palin couldn't handle being governor of one state–imagine what she would do if she had to handle all the issues President Obama is faced with.

Come on people, let's be real!

January 15, 2010 10:38 am at 10:38 am |
  18. John

What the... Does Palin's babbling seem mind-numbing to anyone else? You see the Fox gig does effectively close the door on 2012 because anyone who is not part of the republican "base" will think she is some kind of radical nutjob, like the rest of her colleagues.

The only thing she is leaving the door open to is contributions from the people who are too stupid to realize that she is cashing in, rather than trying to steer America in the right direction.

January 15, 2010 10:38 am at 10:38 am |
  19. fmjk

She keeps saying over and over again that the American public is looking to the Republican party for solutions. Maybe so. But what are they? Nothing has been mentioned so far other than defeating Obama's health care program. How does not trying to rein in health costs and not trying to insure the uninsured equal "solutions?"

January 15, 2010 10:39 am at 10:39 am |
  20. Chris ~ Albany, NY

Sure sure..then why did the republicans get all riled up when rumor was that Ed Shultz might try to run for the open Senate seat in ND. I believe they called for MSNBC to end his show because of it. It's ok for a republican (palin) but not okay for a democrat(Shultz)...typical.

January 15, 2010 10:39 am at 10:39 am |
  21. The Village Idiot

The village idiot attempts to form a sentence, again.

I'd like to sue her English teacher, and the charge would be allowing Sarah to butcher the English language.

January 15, 2010 10:40 am at 10:40 am |
  22. patriot

How many appearences will it be before Caribou Barbie has her "Ron Burgundy moment"?

"If its in the teleprompter, (s)he will read it."

January 15, 2010 10:41 am at 10:41 am |
  23. anotherGDlefty

Does anyone else find it interesting that she wants the country to get on the RIGHT track instead of just wanting the country to be BACK ON track..........

Fox Opinion Channel no longer can claim being impartial when they have a 3 year campaign going on under the guise of a guest commentator.

January 15, 2010 10:42 am at 10:42 am |
  24. wels4est

"You know, I'm not going to close any doors for my future"

All the founding fathers
    All the magazines
    All the news papers

And now its all the doors......

January 15, 2010 10:43 am at 10:43 am |
  25. Puuuleeeezzzzz!

Please Sarah,
    Open one of those doors that we all would like for you to do, and let us hear one of those solutions you have in mind! That would be such a refreshing change from all the hype we are hearing from the pundits!

January 15, 2010 10:43 am at 10:43 am |