January 20th, 2010

Scott Brown: From pinup to pickup-driving populist

ALT TEXT

Sen.-elect Brown celebrated with his wife and his supporters Tuesday night. (Photo Credit: Getty Images)

Washington (CNN) - The morning after winning the Massachusetts Senate special election on Tuesday, Scott Brown was still trying to take it all in.

"If you would have told me growing up [that] a guy whose mom is on welfare and parents had some marital troubles - and I had some issues growing up ... would be standing before you right now, going to Washington D.C.? Are you kidding me?" Brown said at a news conference Wednesday.

Full story

Filed under: Massachusetts • Scott Brown • Senate
  1. lovable liberal

This guy is about as populist as George Duhbya Bush, Fred Thompson, and Newt Gingrich before him.

January 20, 2010 05:03 pm at 5:03 pm |
  2. Sandy

He won the same way Obama did....I'm a regular guy, I stand for change. However, he doesn't sound much different than the rest of the opposition. We'll see.

January 20, 2010 05:06 pm at 5:06 pm |
  3. ICARE

He'll define himself when he starts voting. The true colors will come out The peanut-feasting addiction will come out...

January 20, 2010 05:07 pm at 5:07 pm |
  4. Katie B in NC

Where can I get me a copy of that Cosmo nudie picture he posed for?

January 20, 2010 05:12 pm at 5:12 pm |
  5. don

I despise the arrogance of both parties. They are elected to represent
    'us' not special interests.

I am an independent from colorado and would have voted for him too.

Go independents....We are the ones that can think for ourselves!!

January 20, 2010 05:14 pm at 5:14 pm |
  6. Keeth in California

Let's see what kind of Republican he is: one who holds to core principles, or one who follows the hypocritical pack led by McConnell. Will Brown work for MA and America, or will he work for the GOP?

January 20, 2010 05:18 pm at 5:18 pm |
  7. Why, CNN?

Why are you not accepting or posting any comments on any of the tickers involving the Brown win?

What's the matter - all of you crying in the hallways 'cause your darling Obama got called on the carpet?

January 20, 2010 05:23 pm at 5:23 pm |
  8. jack

Idiots.

January 20, 2010 05:24 pm at 5:24 pm |
  9. Lilarose in Oregon

Yep, and he doesn't give a fig if millions more Americans are in financial difficulty and have no medical insurance.

Hey, Brown, now that you have the best medical insurance in the United States, I hope you NEED it!

January 20, 2010 05:29 pm at 5:29 pm |
  10. obama the liar

just think, in three more years Obama will be trading a jet for an old pickup truck or maybe a new one if he can afford it...

January 20, 2010 05:37 pm at 5:37 pm |
  11. gt

we need more new memebers ,,,, both sides,, the ones in there now are corrupt

January 20, 2010 05:39 pm at 5:39 pm |
  12. Donkey Party

What a story!!! Not. I guess the fool never heard of Barack Obama's story? Oh, that's right. President Obama is a Kenyan Muslim, not a US Citizen born in Hawaii to a struggling mother with marital problems. Amazing how incredibly stupid Right-wingers are.

January 20, 2010 05:42 pm at 5:42 pm |