January 22nd, 2010

Bristol Palin demands child support

Bristol Palin is demanding Levi Johnston start paying up.
Bristol Palin is demanding Levi Johnston start paying up.

(CNN) - Bristol Palin is demanding Levi Johnston start paying up.

According to court documents filed Thursday in Alaska and posted on the Web site TMZ, the 19 year-old daughter of Sarah Palin is demanding the father of her one year-old son pay $1,750 a month in child support payments.

Palin is also seeking back payments beginning from late December 2008, when the child was born.

According to the court filing, Palin says Johnston made "in excess of 105,000 in 2009 through various media interviews and modeling related activities."

Palin also says she has received only "sporadic financial assistance" from Johnston over the last year - $4,400 in total.

Johnston's manager contends Palin has been paid more than $10,000 by Johnston since her son was born, according to TMZ.

Palin's attorney, Thomas Van Flein, said in a statement to CNN: "Bristol has set forth the facts regarding child support in her affidavit filed in court. The law in Alaska is clear: a parent is obligated to support his or her child. It is unfortunate Bristol has to seek court intervention in this regard."

Filed under: Bristol Palin • Levi Johnston • Popular Posts
  1. WHAT???????????

Boy, I wish someone would pay me $1750 per month...that would pay my rent, buy all my groceries, and have plenty of money left over for "fun" things... especially if I lived with my parents and wasn't required to buy groceries, pay rent, etc.

January 22, 2010 11:26 am at 11:26 am |
  2. joe m

this is simple, he is the father and he has a financial responsibility to his child. forget his troubles with the young woman and her family, he remains the father. he needs to man up and do the right thing.

January 22, 2010 11:27 am at 11:27 am |
  3. Ed, Santa Fe, NM

and how is this political news???

January 22, 2010 11:28 am at 11:28 am |
  4. GI Joe

Wow – cost of diapers and baby food and clothes must be high in Alaska. I know women in the lower 48 that get 350 to 450 per month and they feel lucky.

Or maybe she just needs to get more money while living wiith millionnaire mommy and daddy.

January 22, 2010 11:28 am at 11:28 am |
  5. ross berg- Buffalo NY

IMHO we should let this poor dysfunctional family settle their problems in privacy.

It does however again remind us how close we came to having an obviously unqualified woman a heartbeat from being POTUS. As much as I did admire John McCain that huge error in judgement ( which he has yet to come to terms with) convinced me that he is most definitly suffering from the early stages of dementia!!

January 22, 2010 11:28 am at 11:28 am |
  6. Dave

The sign behind Bristol says "Vow Not Now" she is at an Abstenence Event...what a joke...she is the POSTER CHILD for why abstenence education DOES NOT WORK ! Then shown with the is the cover of a magazine in cap and gown with the baby. All that says to young girls is "Look! You can have it all,,,, like me!" If I could never hear about a Palin (or Levi) for the rest of my life, that would be fine.

January 22, 2010 11:28 am at 11:28 am |
  7. Video Guy

This story belongs on the entertainment section.

January 22, 2010 11:29 am at 11:29 am |
  8. yahooo

he did not make this baby by himself.

January 22, 2010 11:29 am at 11:29 am |
  9. Dede

While I think all parents should support their children, and I realize states' guidelines on child support differ, that amount seems excessive. I have two kids and get less than that.

January 22, 2010 11:29 am at 11:29 am |
  10. once upon a horse

if somebody can tell me why this should be on Political Ticker since it really has nothing to do with politics PLEASE inform me.

January 22, 2010 11:30 am at 11:30 am |
  11. anonymous

Why is this news of any importance to anybody?? Who cares!!

January 22, 2010 11:30 am at 11:30 am |
  12. Moneygrubbers

Bristol demands money... nobody saw that one coming right? Like mother, like daughter... Hey, I hear now that the Witch of Wasilla is on board at Faux News, they're going to change their slogan from "fair and balanced" to "scare the unbalanced"!

January 22, 2010 11:30 am at 11:30 am |
  13. Buckeye

Regardless if it was $4.4k or $10k, that's still nowhere near enough. Man up and pay like a good father should.

January 22, 2010 11:31 am at 11:31 am |
  14. Rich

Mama's doings, she will be a thorn in the side of any relatonship Bristol ever has, I believe she had her first born 7 months after marriage

January 22, 2010 11:31 am at 11:31 am |
  15. Karen

He's rather show his body than develop a retationship and pay support for his child.

January 22, 2010 11:32 am at 11:32 am |
  16. Amanda

She complains she's only got $4400 for one child in a year? Be happy you get that! I only get $110/month, and that's when he pays.

January 22, 2010 11:32 am at 11:32 am |
  17. capanson

"Johnston's manager contends Palin has been paid more than $10,000 by Johnston since her son was born,"

So even if you accept HIS numbers he's still not pulling his weight.. what a jerkwad.

January 22, 2010 11:33 am at 11:33 am |
  18. evman

The Palins appear to be smarmy, slimy, dishonest people... Not the sharpest tools in the shed.

January 22, 2010 11:33 am at 11:33 am |
  19. Randy

Why is this news?
    Why does CNN put this on their website as a newsworthy item?

Oh...yes...the continuing saga of Palin-hating...that must be it.

January 22, 2010 11:34 am at 11:34 am |
  20. Reagan raised taxes

Wow what a big smile.She sounds just like her Mamma,"wheres the money'?Wonder how much he has to pay for the other kid?

January 22, 2010 11:34 am at 11:34 am |
  21. Jamie

Maybe it wasn't such a "super" idea to have a kid at 17 with a dipshyt like Levi. The poor baby will be screwed by this mess.

January 22, 2010 11:34 am at 11:34 am |
  22. House Guest in SC

I hope other teens are listening to this! LOOK before you LEAP!

January 22, 2010 11:35 am at 11:35 am |
  23. Bristol...........

keep your legs crossed for a while and you won't keep having these problems.....

January 22, 2010 11:36 am at 11:36 am |
  24. Steph

Leave this girl alone! Isn't it bad enough that she's got a crazy mother?!?!

January 22, 2010 11:36 am at 11:36 am |
  25. Rosa

So how is this political news????? Come now.

January 22, 2010 11:36 am at 11:36 am |