January 27th, 2010

PolitiFact: Obama incorrect on lobbyist policy

(PolitiFact) - Obama says lobbyists excluded from policy jobs, but we found four

Verdict: False

Find out more

Filed under: President Obama • SOTU fact check
  1. Dutch/Bad Newz, VA

It's not false if the order has a loophole where the President can override it.

January 27, 2010 11:03 pm at 11:03 pm |
  2. Lonny

Who checks the fact checkers?

January 27, 2010 11:05 pm at 11:05 pm |
  3. Steve Lyons

Is this a surprise? He can't keep his lies straight even with teleprompter assist.

January 27, 2010 11:06 pm at 11:06 pm |
  4. MARILYN SCHOEMAN

I LOVE THIS PRESIDENT – HE IS TRYING HARD TO WORK WITH THE PARTY OF 'NO' AND HAVING TAKEN ON THE MESS BUSH LEFT BEHIND – I WISH HIM WELL

January 27, 2010 11:07 pm at 11:07 pm |
  5. Lenny

YOU LIE!! Where was Joe Wilson??

January 27, 2010 11:11 pm at 11:11 pm |
  6. Dane

there are a bunch of people in Obamas cabinet that are lobbyists.

January 27, 2010 11:12 pm at 11:12 pm |
  7. notruth

Just one more falsehood.

January 27, 2010 11:14 pm at 11:14 pm |
  8. obama the liar

Another day, another lie.

January 27, 2010 11:15 pm at 11:15 pm |
  9. Anonymous

Some lobby in the capital? A lobbyist is one who touches people in the lobby with money or favor.

January 27, 2010 11:28 pm at 11:28 pm |
  10. New Age Independent

CNN needs to do their homework better. Another source shows 7 waivers by White House staff alone! There's surely many more.

January 27, 2010 11:38 pm at 11:38 pm |
  11. zago

Let's be serious folks. Four lobbyists? whats the matter there? There are tens of thousands of them around the country. Please, even Jesus told us it would be easier for a camel to get through a needle rather a sinner gets into the Heaven, but he did not say it was impossible. Give the president a break. He needs some quiet time to work for the country.

January 27, 2010 11:41 pm at 11:41 pm |
  12. Sherry

I agree with president obama I don't think lobbyist should be allowed in politics and I support him 100% no lobbyist and everyone work together pass health care , create jobs , and freedom of speech to everyone including the president .

January 27, 2010 11:46 pm at 11:46 pm |
  13. Sharon

As a percentage of the thousands of lobbyists interfering with We, the People's business in DC, I'd say 4 is .0000000000000000001%. (but that is just a guess, not a fact, please don't quote me on it.)

Hussein has WMD.....now that's what I consider FALSE.

January 27, 2010 11:54 pm at 11:54 pm |
  14. MIckeysmom

CNN you are too much. You're becoming much like the other wack guys on FOX who I don't watch either. Your red is showing CNN; not only just Campbell Brown in her red dress. BTW, I'm watching MSNBC right now. LOL

January 28, 2010 12:09 am at 12:09 am |
  15. pls

I was pleased with the address. It was more positive and about what we want to hear. I am so tired of the Republican negative speeches and position of hate and how afraid we should be. I talk with so many people that are actually frighten of what is going on because they a Republican.

January 28, 2010 12:11 am at 12:11 am |
  16. Sue

You should definitely look a lot harder CNN--as there are DEFINITELY more than 4.

January 28, 2010 12:15 am at 12:15 am |
  17. Mr Right

LIAR

January 28, 2010 12:22 am at 12:22 am |
  18. Brad

Wrong–he said his policy is to exclude lobbyists from policy jobs-seven were granted waivers

January 28, 2010 12:27 am at 12:27 am |
  19. Sniffit

Indeed. I cringed when he made this too absolute comment. If it's the worst of his politicizing, then we're in ok shape, but it's still bothersome.

January 28, 2010 12:37 am at 12:37 am |
  20. John

Ha once again his lies continue

January 28, 2010 12:40 am at 12:40 am |
  21. polly

Actually there are at least SEVEN lobbyists on the White House staff that were given waivers; not counting all the other cabinet waivers. Obama knows that – he approved the waivers. He outright lied to the American people in his SOTU tonight. Same lies as 'transparency' – why has he refused to allow C-span to see what goes on in the back room deals his party has foisted on Americans? He is the problem – not us. He is so arrogant he thinks he can pull the wool over the eyes of all Americans – a good speaker/orator does not an honest president make. And stop Blaming the previous administration – this has been your administration for over a year now – step up to the plate.

January 28, 2010 12:48 am at 12:48 am |
  22. PL

This time, Joe Wilson had to bite his tongue.

January 28, 2010 01:13 am at 1:13 am |
  23. Donald Watkins II

...YAWN...

January 28, 2010 01:17 am at 1:17 am |
  24. August:Lady

President's speech was right on – however the negative Tea Bag and Republicans continue to shred the fabric of our nation ... and CNN is right there continuing the shredding instead of weaving the threads back together. Your negative reporting turns this ordinary citizen off your program. However, I will continue to communicate with my senators and legislators.

January 28, 2010 01:31 am at 1:31 am |
  25. August:Lady

I just sent my first message to you so there is no way this could be duplicated or that I could have sent it twice. Evidently the internet isn't accurate – that's why I like to know my senators and legislators personally so I can contact a real person.

January 28, 2010 01:35 am at 1:35 am |