February 5th, 2010

Obama to attend CIA memorial service

President Obama will attend a memorial service for fallen CIA officers on Friday.

Washington (CNN) – President Barack Obama will attend a memorial service Friday morning for seven CIA officers killed in Afghanistan in late December.

Obama will deliver remarks at the CIA headquarters located in Langley, Virginia. Although the press has been allowed into CIA events in the past, no members of the media will be allowed into this event in order to protect the identities of the members of the clandestine services.

"The memorial ceremony is closed to the press due to the presence of a large number of undercover officers," CIA spokesman George Little told CNN.

Filed under: President Obama
  1. Pat F

His administration's policy of blind trust in avowed enemies of our nation is responsible for those deaths. I hope the family members spit in his eye.

February 5, 2010 10:21 am at 10:21 am |
  2. Angus McDugan

Get your cammeras ready. I'm sure Obama will be ready for the photo opt.

February 5, 2010 10:21 am at 10:21 am |
  3. gary davis harbor oregon

thank you mr. president for being there ..

February 5, 2010 10:23 am at 10:23 am |
  4. geraldine

what a joke – like he really cares about the CIA. If I were the families of the fallen I'd request that he not attend.

February 5, 2010 10:23 am at 10:23 am |
  5. Dar

IM surprised Odumbo didn't over ride the CIA's decision so he could have a photo op.He sure does love him self.

2010/2012 REAL Change is coming

February 5, 2010 10:24 am at 10:24 am |
  6. LacrosseMom(the real one)

Of course, he will. These CIA agents served their country and deserve our respect and prayers.

Of course we can count on the Cons, to voice their vile....... 3,2,1.......

February 5, 2010 10:27 am at 10:27 am |
  7. Sue

This whole Government is UNDER COVER!! Time to expose them and hire Honest people who can do the job proprly – without excuses and secrecy.

February 5, 2010 10:30 am at 10:30 am |
  8. richp the poconos

I agree with this, the wall is for members only.

February 5, 2010 10:37 am at 10:37 am |
  9. ThinkAgain

And I'm sure the rightwing nut jobs out there will find something to complain about regarding the President attending the service ...

February 5, 2010 11:17 am at 11:17 am |
  10. aproudmemberoftheunpatrioticmob

Let's hope his teleprompter doen't make him mispronounce words like he did with the word "corpsman" three times. We all realize that he has no experience and is inept, but you would think his staff could at least tell him how to prounounce the big words rather than let him show (once again) how utterly out of touch he is in front of the camera. I sometimes think the only words he can pronounce well are "I" and "unprecedented." I remember the libs used to tear Bush apart when he mispronounced anything, I guess this is more liberal hypocrisy in only Fox New reports on Obamas mistakes.

February 5, 2010 11:19 am at 11:19 am |
  11. Jane/Seattle

STOP these illegal WARS and folks will be able to stop going to funerals! Stop finishing the Bush et al agenda for them. I am NOT fooled by words as we must look at the Drones which tell the real story. Get out of those countries and terror will begin to end.

February 5, 2010 11:27 am at 11:27 am |