February 9th, 2010

Gibbs takes jab at Palin

Washington (CNN) - White House Press Secretary Robert Gibbs made a dig at former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin Tuesday during the White House daily briefing.

"I wrote a few things down. I wrote eggs milk and bread, but I crossed out bread just so I can make pancakes for Ethan if it snows," Gibbs said showing the palm of his hand with notes written on it. "Then I wrote down hope and change just in case I forgot that."

Gibbs was apparently taking a jab at Palin who had notes written on her hand during a question and answer session at the Tea Party Convention Saturday night in Nashville, Tennessee.

It was later determined Palin had written the words "Energy," "Tax Cuts," and "Lift American Spirits" in her palm.

Filed under: Popular Posts • Robert Gibbs • Sarah Palin
  1. Peter Vaguely

So Sarah Palin writes crib notes on her palm. What's the fuss? I didn't know she could read much less write. I see this as a plus for her as the former part-time Governor moves ever closer to locking up the GOP nomination. What I always thought were "off the cuff" remarks were actually "off hand." Perhaps she thought that was what was meant by "Palm Pilot." Actually, this is Palin's "Gerald Ford" moment. No comic impersonator will be able to pass this up.

February 9, 2010 03:44 pm at 3:44 pm |
  2. Ken in NC

The funny thing is that Sarah Palin takes a slap at President Obama because he uses a teleprompter and then she attempts to hide the use of her own medieval Palm Pilot. I must give her credit for one thing. Mom always told us one thing as children and that was if we are going to act stupid, at least we should get paid for it. She is doing that for sure.

February 9, 2010 03:44 pm at 3:44 pm |
  3. MatthewDetroit

Gibbs Gibbs Gibbs.....

Again, this is what the president is worried about.

Barack is so scared of Sarah Palin that he takes time out from and economy that is in the toilet to worry about her.

He has spent 1.45 trillion over the budget last year.
    1.60 Trillion over the budget next year.
    He has 10% unemployment.
    The economy is in the hole..
    He LOST his health care bill... because it was the wrong priority..
    But he is SCARED of Sarah Palin...

Wow maybe look at Iran or some other problem we have.

The White house is a joke.

February 9, 2010 03:44 pm at 3:44 pm |
  4. jc

Sarah, maybe a teleprompter isn't such a bad thing after all. Unless you are not very good at reading.

P.S. I used to use my hand in 6th grade too.

February 9, 2010 03:45 pm at 3:45 pm |
  5. Wanderer

While the teleprompter, with the modern technology, is nothing more than a piece of paper with notes that most politicians used for speech. However, being a politician, especially one who thinks of being qualified as a vice president or worst the POTUS, uses the palm for writing notes on it is no doubt a way of cheating like that in the class exam. Or, I wonder, until now, one thing that most people might not know about Mrs. Palin was that she could have been a fortuneteller because she is a palm reader?

February 9, 2010 03:45 pm at 3:45 pm |
  6. Karl-AZ

Hey Gibbs,

I crossed out she used notes vs. using brain to deliver the 45 min. speech... See my head is looking down to read all of them (line by line)

February 9, 2010 03:45 pm at 3:45 pm |
  7. Anthony

Palin will never live this down. She just PROVED what the common public (well the intellignet ones at least) had known this entire time... SHE IS AN IDIOT. Or as Steven Colbert put it so precisely.. SHE IS RETARDED....

Any one who so blindly follows this woman and her beliefs (much less defends them) I truly feel sorry for.

February 9, 2010 03:45 pm at 3:45 pm |
  8. BG

Would rather have seen Gibbs take the high road...but still, people in glass houses, Sarah, people in glass houses...

February 9, 2010 03:46 pm at 3:46 pm |
  9. Coffee Joe

Maybe it is antiquated but lots less "notes"on a palm than on a teleprompter. A teleprompter, without which, our President would have a tough time finding his derrier with both hands

February 9, 2010 03:46 pm at 3:46 pm |
  10. john sessoms

gibbs you act like you just left ga with jimmy carter, cry cry
    palin is here to stay and you got to go, go toill and run for senate
    where us rep will have a sure winner...although i am an indp....

February 9, 2010 03:46 pm at 3:46 pm |
  11. 808onacoli

new name for cheat sheet....wasilla teleprompter

February 9, 2010 03:46 pm at 3:46 pm |
  12. JES

I am so glad that you think this is news worthy.

One day when I grow up I hope I can be as perfect as you.

February 9, 2010 03:46 pm at 3:46 pm |
  13. MatthewDetroit

Besides...

Barack can barely read and NEEDS a big Ole Teleprompter on Every Speach.

You cant ask him his name without him looking at a teleprompter.

You cant even ask him where he was born without a teleprompter.

He doesnt have any answers and he stumbles stumbles and mumbles.... Barack is lost.

February 9, 2010 03:46 pm at 3:46 pm |
  14. Liberal wing nut

I guess Gibbs doesn't realize Obama can't speak without a teleprompter??

February 9, 2010 03:46 pm at 3:46 pm |
  15. RCasson

LOL. LOVE it Gibbs!!

February 9, 2010 03:47 pm at 3:47 pm |
  16. Rose

Gibbs is the worst press secretary in history. All he does is ers and ahs all the time. He is really good at one thing and that is dodging important questions that are difficult to answer. Making notes in ones hands has been around long before teleprompters!!!!

February 9, 2010 03:47 pm at 3:47 pm |
  17. Librarian

Each time I listen to Palin I feel like I am losing a few IQ points myself.

February 9, 2010 03:47 pm at 3:47 pm |
  18. Quit taking my taxes

Mrs. doubtfire gibbs needs to worry able the idiot and chief. At least she can read. Obama cant even read a telepromter and after him talking about small business today it was clear that all he has ever done is be a community agitator who has not idea what a business is or does. Now gibbs take michelle my bells adivice and go run and teach you kids not to be little chuncky monkeys like you.

February 9, 2010 03:47 pm at 3:47 pm |
  19. landas

when the white house comment on Sarah Palin it legitimizes her. I think they should ignore her and let her crash.

February 9, 2010 03:47 pm at 3:47 pm |
  20. Dave

It's amazing Palin had the balls to criticize The Presi-don't for using a teleprompter when she's doing this.

February 9, 2010 03:47 pm at 3:47 pm |
  21. Larry

We need Jobs people, not Jokes !

February 9, 2010 03:48 pm at 3:48 pm |
  22. Mad Mike

And Barry Hussein can't even speak without a teleprompter...

February 9, 2010 03:48 pm at 3:48 pm |
  23. RAL

Sarah Palin wrote a few notes on her hand at least she didn't read a speech written by someone else froma teleprompter
    You could tell she was speaking from memory a few pages of notes and yes, her palm.
    BIG DEAL........................................
    She had more content and truths in her entire speech than Obama has had in all of his press confrences and photo opportunities.
    she is becoming a bigger threat to the Liberals every day so keep on imitating her
    Isn't imitation a form of flattery????
    Way to go Sarah
    RUN SARAH RUN

February 9, 2010 03:48 pm at 3:48 pm |
  24. WILLARD BULLOCK

Okay im belived that Gibbs are keep his mouth so why people are keep cheat vote from acorn iam belived sarah are great than obama

February 9, 2010 03:48 pm at 3:48 pm |
  25. Boston Irish

Well, I'm glad he wrote down "Hope and Change" on his hand so he won't forget it, because, OBAMA CERTAINLY HAS!!!

February 9, 2010 03:49 pm at 3:49 pm |