February 9th, 2010

Gibbs takes jab at Palin

Washington (CNN) - White House Press Secretary Robert Gibbs made a dig at former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin Tuesday during the White House daily briefing.

"I wrote a few things down. I wrote eggs milk and bread, but I crossed out bread just so I can make pancakes for Ethan if it snows," Gibbs said showing the palm of his hand with notes written on it. "Then I wrote down hope and change just in case I forgot that."

Gibbs was apparently taking a jab at Palin who had notes written on her hand during a question and answer session at the Tea Party Convention Saturday night in Nashville, Tennessee.

It was later determined Palin had written the words "Energy," "Tax Cuts," and "Lift American Spirits" in her palm.

Filed under: Popular Posts • Robert Gibbs • Sarah Palin
  1. lincoln

How can that retard, Palin, ever criticize Obama for using a teleprompter again. Can you imagine seeing our Prez overseas speaking with another world leader and having to read their palm to remember their talking points. REDICULOUS!!

February 9, 2010 03:26 pm at 3:26 pm |
  2. krain

How is that any different than a teleprompter?

February 9, 2010 03:26 pm at 3:26 pm |
  3. Texas Jack

Ignorance is bliss out of these Obama's people. They don't realize they're playing right into Sarah Palin's hands. I am a FORMER Democrat of fifty years. But Obama and crew stopped me dead in my tracks. To take a strong look at what this party stood for. It is sickening. No more will I have the morals of a pig. Keep throwing punches at Palin you Obama supporters. Just like always your ignorance is showing through. You don't even know that for every sarcastic remark you make toward Palin makes another vote for Palin for 2012. SHE WILL BE THE NEXT PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES AND WE WILL BE ON THE ROAD TO RECOVERY.

February 9, 2010 03:27 pm at 3:27 pm |
  4. Xmaiden

LMAO.

February 9, 2010 03:27 pm at 3:27 pm |
  5. MissyW

There it is – in black and flesh. If she needs to write down "energy", "taxes" and "lift America's spirit" to remind herself to talk about energy, taxes and lifting America's spirit then you and I know its not coming from her heart. Its all for show. Its all for profit. Its all for her politcial goals. I can't put into words the fear this person creates in me. I literally shudder thinking about how there are people out there who would actually vote for someone like her. May God instill the wisdom in the majority of this great country if not the minority who believes the crap she stirs up and asks them to swallow.

February 9, 2010 03:27 pm at 3:27 pm |
  6. Phillip Bunn

Who did she get to read them to her?

February 9, 2010 03:27 pm at 3:27 pm |
  7. Jill, California

Way to go Gibbs. If this woman can't remember to "Lift American Spirits", and other key points, what type of leader would she make??? I'm not saying she's stupid, she's not, but she scares me!

February 9, 2010 03:27 pm at 3:27 pm |
  8. john in binghamton NY

How could anyone want this moron in charge? You shouldn't vote for her just because you are smarter than her. She couldn't cut it being gov of a state with 700,000 people. How could she run a complicated country with 300 million people 80% of which she does not think are "real Americans".

February 9, 2010 03:27 pm at 3:27 pm |
  9. hello!

ENERGY
    TAX CUTS
    LIFT AMERICANS SPIRIT
    .......Obviously three things the administration knows nothing about.

Wait, I thought the administration doesn't spend time thinking about Palin, she's irrelevant.

Palin gets under these people's slin like no one else....just too funny to watch :)

Palin 2012....getting clearer and clearer :)

February 9, 2010 03:27 pm at 3:27 pm |
  10. Jim

What happened to class in the White House? Responding with jabs and childish pranks to the oposition makes them look no better.

February 9, 2010 03:28 pm at 3:28 pm |
  11. E

It is so incredibly and typically hypocritical of her to insult Obama for using a teleprompter, which she and every other politician use, while she had to sharpie her own notes on her hand. But what else is new, she complains about Federal handouts when her state takes in twice as much federal handouts as they pay in taxes.

February 9, 2010 03:28 pm at 3:28 pm |
  12. j

when are those white house snobs going to wake up. take the telepromter away from obama and see what he does. come on, its only fair. this is unreal that grown men, in the white house are acting like first graders.

February 9, 2010 03:29 pm at 3:29 pm |
  13. Guest

What a childish act coming from the person that represents the President of the United States.

February 9, 2010 03:29 pm at 3:29 pm |
  14. hello!

ENERGY
    TAX CUTS
    LIFT AMERICANS SPIRIT
    .......Obviously three things the administration knows nothing about.

Palin gets under these people's skin like no one else....just too funny to watch :)

Palin 2012....getting clearer and clearer :)

February 9, 2010 03:29 pm at 3:29 pm |
  15. precious

And men are suppose to respect women, wives and daughters.

February 9, 2010 03:29 pm at 3:29 pm |
  16. Joanna in PA

Hey Sarah< how that country firsty thing going for ya? self absorbed no nothing opportunist! Ok, Aston kutcher, Sarah Plain is the best punked prank EVER! You can come out now!!

February 9, 2010 03:29 pm at 3:29 pm |
  17. Randolph Carter, I'm no expert but...

Yes, Randroids, we know Obama uses a teleprompter. They all do. We're not so much pointing out that Sarah needed to write notes on her hand. That's neither here nor there. What we're pointing out is the fact that she criticizes the prez for using a teleprompter and then has her own little speech helper. But you don't see the hypocrisy because true believers only see what they want to see, reality be damned. It's not so much that we're afraid of her. It's more like we're disdainful of the ignorance, arrogance and glorification of lowest-common-denominator and anti-intellectual culture that she personifies. Y'all want a candidate who drives a truck or hunts moose, is a plumber or one you'd want to have a beer with. Would you want your drinkin' buddy in a position of power? I know I wouldn't. I'll vote for the smart guy every time. Sorry, but the "real Americans" you keep referring to are a bunch of semi-literate slobs who have no idea what policies are in their best interest because they have been conditioned to recoil in terror when the word "socialism" is bandied about by the fear mongers. Call me an elitist libtard if you want, but Sarah is a hokey amateur and an ignoramus to boot. Have a nice day!

February 9, 2010 03:29 pm at 3:29 pm |
  18. Steve, NY

Palin gave an hour speech with 3 statements. How many statements would Obama need to give an hour speech. Liberals don't get it. Palin may be stupid , but what do you call Obama? Liberals have no logic, they are more stupid than Palin. That's why Palin is laughing all the way to the bank with CNN's help.

February 9, 2010 03:29 pm at 3:29 pm |
  19. Ramses

She better get that tatooed on her palm, face, forehead & where not. Whatever she does it is a kind of cute, funny & very entertaining. She makes people laugh & happy. She is fun.

February 9, 2010 03:29 pm at 3:29 pm |
  20. NH Independent

Are you kidding me???????? Sarah Palin's notes on her palm.......Why are we not talking about the Progressive /Socialists in the Whitehouse bankrupting our country?

February 9, 2010 03:30 pm at 3:30 pm |
  21. Monster Zero

Yuk, yuk, yuk, er, uh,uh, err....
    Obama had a little lamb it's fleece was white as snow and everywhere Obama went the lamb was sure to go, bahhhhh, bahhhhhh!

February 9, 2010 03:30 pm at 3:30 pm |
  22. Dan

Well deserved jab! The woman is an idiot w/idiot followers. When was the last time you wrote notes on your hand? 5th-6th grade for me. The fact she got the questions in advance makes it way worse!

February 9, 2010 03:30 pm at 3:30 pm |
  23. PALINs PALM PILOT...have all the clueless Answers

I wrote G"NO"P, tea-idiots and retarded Palin on my "palm" pilot....sorry I forgot and washed my hands and there goes my republiklans talking points!

LOL!!!!

February 9, 2010 03:30 pm at 3:30 pm |
  24. Jeff

This CLOWN is an "MORON", he needs to concern himself with covering up for his boss, that should keep him busy!!!!!!!!

February 9, 2010 03:30 pm at 3:30 pm |
  25. hello!

At this rate, Piper will be able to beat these guys in the White House by 2012......:)

February 9, 2010 03:30 pm at 3:30 pm |