February 9th, 2010

Gibbs takes jab at Palin

Washington (CNN) - White House Press Secretary Robert Gibbs made a dig at former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin Tuesday during the White House daily briefing.

"I wrote a few things down. I wrote eggs milk and bread, but I crossed out bread just so I can make pancakes for Ethan if it snows," Gibbs said showing the palm of his hand with notes written on it. "Then I wrote down hope and change just in case I forgot that."

Gibbs was apparently taking a jab at Palin who had notes written on her hand during a question and answer session at the Tea Party Convention Saturday night in Nashville, Tennessee.

It was later determined Palin had written the words "Energy," "Tax Cuts," and "Lift American Spirits" in her palm.

Filed under: Popular Posts • Robert Gibbs • Sarah Palin
  1. RNC = DNC = politics as usual

Very childish to attempt to distract everyone from the Obama teleprompter jokes.

Nice try – don't we have some promises to keep? Just some please?

Or not.

February 9, 2010 03:31 pm at 3:31 pm |
  2. Garett

Really, Gibbs? Do you not think this is below the White House?

Evidently, you really did forget "hope" and "change". Maybe you remembered to SAY it, but forgot to DO IT.

February 9, 2010 03:31 pm at 3:31 pm |
  3. precious

Mr. Gibbs you don't need the bread, your face alone is a PANCAKE!

February 9, 2010 03:31 pm at 3:31 pm |
  4. Zaggs

Yet Gibbs's boss can't talk to elementary school students without a teleprompter or know that its corpman not corpseman.

February 9, 2010 03:31 pm at 3:31 pm |
  5. Jane/Seattle

I've seen an Obama speach fall appart at the seams when his teleprompter became problematic.

I'M STARTING TO CHANGE MY VIEWS ON LIBS.

February 9, 2010 03:31 pm at 3:31 pm |
  6. Bob in Kansas City

It's incredible that the Republican Party has embraced Sarah Palin as it's "Toga Emblazoned Messia" and grandstand her the way they do despite the fact that she is so profoundly unqualified to lead. The GOP appears to be quite happy to have evolved into the "circus sideshow" that would amaze P.T. Barnum himself !

February 9, 2010 03:32 pm at 3:32 pm |
  7. Jack D. Deal

Gibbs is another Obama Adminstration inept low ender...he and others attack Sarah for stupid things like writing on her hand...the problem Gibbs and his boss Obama have is Sarah makes more sense than they do...instead of focusing on what Sarah is doing Gibbs et al should focus on why the Administration's popularity continues to sink and three quarters of American's feel that the country is headed in the wrong direction...maybe Gibbs thinks that is written on Sarah's palm as well...

February 9, 2010 03:32 pm at 3:32 pm |
  8. Norm

Old habit. How do you think she made it through college?

February 9, 2010 03:32 pm at 3:32 pm |
  9. barbara

I see nothing wrong with it. I write on my palms too prior to giving a lecture. I do not do it all the time because I already have a pretty good idea as to the topics I want to cover but there have been times. It might well behoove our President to learn from this example instead of being totally dependent upon his machines.

February 9, 2010 03:32 pm at 3:32 pm |
  10. Diane

Pathetic that Palin needs to be reminded of what the basic tenents of her platform are. When is the media going to stop giving this hate monger with borderline intelligence air time?

February 9, 2010 03:33 pm at 3:33 pm |
  11. Stacey

How is this different than Obama and his teleprompter??

February 9, 2010 03:33 pm at 3:33 pm |
  12. jerseylou

Just so you know. I love Palin because she is smarter than me. This isn't a complement to Palin because I live in Jersey so you know I am not that smart.

February 9, 2010 03:33 pm at 3:33 pm |
  13. Mariebuch

Hilarious

Don't forget to remember:
    1. Invade Iran 2 look gud
    2. Fight elites

February 9, 2010 03:33 pm at 3:33 pm |
  14. Steve

It is amazing how the coastal liberals just keep bumbling into her traps to ensnare them into openly and deleriously mocking all sorts of things that every day americans do all the time. I can assure you that virtually every person in middle america looks are her little palm scribbles as something we all relate to on a daily basis. I know speaking for myself...that is something I do all the time in my day to day life, whether it is an important meeting in the corner office, the grocery list....or yes even a big speech which I have actually given from time to time.

I think it is cute and adorable and is just one more example of how she is just like me and mine....and not like the snobs that look down their noses at hard working tax paying americans.

February 9, 2010 03:33 pm at 3:33 pm |
  15. Susan

Good one!

February 9, 2010 03:34 pm at 3:34 pm |
  16. brandon

Wow....Gibbs, you are so smart and funny and the most intelegent, bright press sec. we have ever had! Bravo!

February 9, 2010 03:34 pm at 3:34 pm |
  17. Johnny 2 in Kalamazoo

Its amazing how 0bama can have his whole speech written down for him and he reads it from the teleprompter and its not an issue with the media.

But Palin writes 5 words on her hand and the media claims she's an idiot.

The hypocrisy is at an all time high.

February 9, 2010 03:34 pm at 3:34 pm |
  18. A Republican

I’m sick of bimbo with one line slogans and no solutions. Period. She mocks the President about the Teleprompter and then she sits there and reads a ghostwritten (speech verbatim) from notes all the while she was looking down at the podium and her voice got lowered while she was looking down at the notes –reading I SAY (VERBATIM)… To top it all off she had notes written down on her Palm thingy for the Q&A to answer questions that she herself knew in advance as it seemed after she took a peek at palmgate to complete the answer she had being prepped for…. Now THAT’S WHAT I CALL DUMB…. Now Let’s see Palin give a speech without notes, teleprompter or the palm thingy.

BTW: The president did not use a teleprompter during the time he spoke to the 6th grade class. It was setup in another area to speak to the press and the public – NOTES ON A DIGITAL DEVICE THAT WE ALL USE WHEN GIVEN A PRESENTATION. I surely can’t do from Memory!

My question is How in the World was this nut case elected? In recent revealations it has been revealed that her husband was the force behind her in governing.

THIS REPUBLICAN IS SICK OF THE NONSENSE PALIN IS PRODUCING.... IT'S TIME SOMEONE CALLS HER OUT!

February 9, 2010 03:34 pm at 3:34 pm |
  19. Anonymous

lol that is funny, lol

February 9, 2010 03:34 pm at 3:34 pm |
  20. Sue

Yet, CNN never did one article about Obama not being able to function without a teleprompter. And, they never posted the videos of Obama making a fool out of himself, when he attempted to speak without a teleprompter.

Also, CNN never did one article about Obama calling a military hero a "corpse man" 3 times-–instead of pronouncing it the way that it is supposed to be pronounced "core men".

Does Obama refer to the "Marine core" as the "Marine corpse"????

February 9, 2010 03:34 pm at 3:34 pm |
  21. Ed, Santa Fe, NM

Palin is a moron.....

Did she pay taxes yet on her luxury cabins in Alaska???

February 9, 2010 03:35 pm at 3:35 pm |
  22. ed

Because Obama NEVER uses notes or teleprompters. Wow liberals will do anythign to insult people, such hateful abusive nasty people!

February 9, 2010 03:35 pm at 3:35 pm |
  23. Obama Victim

isn't this behavior below the office

February 9, 2010 03:35 pm at 3:35 pm |
  24. Martin

Gibbs talking crap about a few handwritten notes on Sarah's hand. What a joke, hey Gibbs your boss takes a teleprompter to tralk to 6th graders. I wonder if Obama has to take that teleprompter to bed so he knows what to tell the missus. Gibbs and Obama are a a very bad joke. funny thing is the people who elected you morons ain't laughing anymore! Teleprompter boy is way funnier!

February 9, 2010 03:35 pm at 3:35 pm |
  25. Sgt. USMC

This is one of the funniest things I've ever seen coming from Gibbs. Good for Gibbs. It's about time we called those hypocrits out. Jon Stewart was hilarious last night also. I love it. Repugs can have their tea parties, it's working in the favor of America by exposing the lies that come out of these people's mouths. I want to also thank Rush for his stupidity and for exposing Palin even further. I wonder if she will think Gibbs was using satire?!? haha, who cares?

Barack Hussein Obama 2012