February 9th, 2010

Gibbs takes jab at Palin

Washington (CNN) - White House Press Secretary Robert Gibbs made a dig at former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin Tuesday during the White House daily briefing.

"I wrote a few things down. I wrote eggs milk and bread, but I crossed out bread just so I can make pancakes for Ethan if it snows," Gibbs said showing the palm of his hand with notes written on it. "Then I wrote down hope and change just in case I forgot that."

Gibbs was apparently taking a jab at Palin who had notes written on her hand during a question and answer session at the Tea Party Convention Saturday night in Nashville, Tennessee.

It was later determined Palin had written the words "Energy," "Tax Cuts," and "Lift American Spirits" in her palm.

Filed under: Popular Posts • Robert Gibbs • Sarah Palin
  1. Really???

At least Sarah Palin pronounced all of her words correctly. Corpseman, what a joke! But you won't hear anything from Gibbs about that will ya?

February 9, 2010 03:36 pm at 3:36 pm |
  2. Opus X

So much for the dignity of the office.

February 9, 2010 03:36 pm at 3:36 pm |
  3. james

Gibbs is such a petty, sniveling little weasel. You just want to punch him in the nose and laugh at him while he bleeds. HEY FATBOY - AT LEAST SHE DOESN'T HAVE TO READ IT VERBATIM.

February 9, 2010 03:36 pm at 3:36 pm |
  4. Stu Wright

Whats wrong with some notes? Ever heard Obama without
    a teleprompter??

February 9, 2010 03:36 pm at 3:36 pm |
  5. Clint, Wa.

This is to funny. :-) I would bring it up for a vote, but the REPUBS, would just say NO.

February 9, 2010 03:36 pm at 3:36 pm |
  6. Dutch/Bad Newz, VA

Good one Gibbs!!! This "Hopey Changey" thing is working just fine with me. That's how you fight fire with fire. That imbicil correspondent from Fixed News needs to take notes.

February 9, 2010 03:36 pm at 3:36 pm |
  7. BETTY APPLE BROWN

I pray to god that Sarah Palin runs for president....it will be hilarious watching her get dogged by the other republican candidates....lol.
    Sarah is clearly the wolrds biggest idiot!!! Oh and she looked like a Ho showing hers legs off at the teabagging convention

February 9, 2010 03:37 pm at 3:37 pm |
  8. poot

The handwriting is no longer on the wall.....its in the hand.

February 9, 2010 03:37 pm at 3:37 pm |
  9. Nick Mann

This Whitehouse has the most juevenile antics I have ever seen. They respond publically to ever single trivial event in hope of attacking political opponents. Either they are extremely paranoid or they have the maturity level of a 3 year old. Between Gibbs sarcasm and Rahm's making fun of the mentally retarded....its like the kids took over the candy store. Embarrassing.

February 9, 2010 03:37 pm at 3:37 pm |
  10. Alfred

Very mature, Mr. Gibbs. Yet another amateur in this administration.

February 9, 2010 03:37 pm at 3:37 pm |
  11. Chandler

I think the biggest deal about Sarah writing on her hand is that it shows what a hypocrite she is. She makes fun of Obama for a teleprompter (which all Presidents have used during the past 40 years), but she has to write it on her hand! That doesn't even address the fact that she doesn't present solutions that are detailed or factual. She speaks in such broad terms, and even that she needs help with. Someone needs to clue her in that increased defense spending + tax cuts does NOT = balanced budget.

February 9, 2010 03:38 pm at 3:38 pm |
  12. evman

Go Mr. Gibbs give it back to Palin, what a JOKE this woman is. She is an unadulterated moron. She sounds like she's on dope for god sakes.

Gotta go, need to wash my hands so I can write new and exciting things on them.

February 9, 2010 03:38 pm at 3:38 pm |
  13. P

Now, Palin is going to be offended. Apparently, for her reading from the palm of hand is different that using a tele prompter and this is who we want to be our next president?

Fox will be running a whole segment on this. Since they can't see the sense of humor in it.

No more side tracking, can both side stop wasting time and get down to real issues?

February 9, 2010 03:38 pm at 3:38 pm |
  14. Bob

From the press secretary of the guy who can't speak to a 6th grade class without a teleprompter?! Must be a light day for enlightenment on world issues from the White House. I got one – what is your man Hussein going to do about his Muslim brothers in Iran building a nuke?

February 9, 2010 03:38 pm at 3:38 pm |
  15. BigMike142

REALLY? Mr. Gibb's, with some of the remakably stupid things I have heard you say, you should be the last person to make attempts at humor, using the actions of another person!

February 9, 2010 03:39 pm at 3:39 pm |
  16. Late Night....

I love it...I can't wait til Saturday Night Live get ahold of this one....

February 9, 2010 03:39 pm at 3:39 pm |
  17. Andy from NYC

Ah gee wiz already, give the girl a break. She only needs help to write her speeches, not to deliver or remember. That's what body parts are for. Although at $100,000 a pop, you would think she could afford a tele-prompter.

February 9, 2010 03:39 pm at 3:39 pm |
  18. J.S. Daniels

"Then I wrote down hope and change, just in case I forgot that." Superb.

February 9, 2010 03:39 pm at 3:39 pm |
  19. Dino192

how presidential to take shots at Palin. This entire administration is joke and they treat the Presidency with an immaturity that has never been seen prior.

February 9, 2010 03:40 pm at 3:40 pm |
  20. PalmReader

My goodness! Someone had to read from prepared notes?! Are you kidding me?! Next thing you know, these politicians might resort to teleprompters!

February 9, 2010 03:40 pm at 3:40 pm |
  21. Rickster

Are you kidding me???? The EmptySuit-In-Chief can't recite his abc's without his beloved teleprompter and they're making fun of Palin?

February 9, 2010 03:40 pm at 3:40 pm |
  22. ks

She does NOT represent what Alaska is. Make her go away

February 9, 2010 03:40 pm at 3:40 pm |
  23. Mark

Gibbs is such a jerk, and clueless too, fits right in with the rest of them at the white house.

February 9, 2010 03:40 pm at 3:40 pm |
  24. ttbala

Why is anybody surprised of what this illeterate woman does and says is beyond me, and for the Repubs to sink this low and consider this idot for 2010 Presidential nominee, this is a new low for Repubs.

February 9, 2010 03:40 pm at 3:40 pm |
  25. jenn, philadelphia

Is this what candidate Barack Obama meant when he said he was goint to "change" of tone in Washington? Can we have candidate Obama back, because "President" Obama is lacking.

February 9, 2010 03:41 pm at 3:41 pm |