February 9th, 2010

Gibbs takes jab at Palin

Washington (CNN) - White House Press Secretary Robert Gibbs made a dig at former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin Tuesday during the White House daily briefing.

"I wrote a few things down. I wrote eggs milk and bread, but I crossed out bread just so I can make pancakes for Ethan if it snows," Gibbs said showing the palm of his hand with notes written on it. "Then I wrote down hope and change just in case I forgot that."

Gibbs was apparently taking a jab at Palin who had notes written on her hand during a question and answer session at the Tea Party Convention Saturday night in Nashville, Tennessee.

It was later determined Palin had written the words "Energy," "Tax Cuts," and "Lift American Spirits" in her palm.

Filed under: Popular Posts • Robert Gibbs • Sarah Palin
  1. Lisa

I guess when you are incredibly stupid, as Sarah Palin is, you might have to write down energy and tax cuts to remind yourself to mention those 2 subjects early and often. But "Lift American Spirits"? Every time I hear her screechy voice it only makes me more depressed. She's such a downer since the only thing she can do is complain.

February 9, 2010 03:41 pm at 3:41 pm |
  2. valwayne

Funny that Gibb's would have a smarmy sarcastic remark about Gov Palins reminders, but didn't have anything to say about Obama misprouncing corpsman, by pronouncing the P, three times while reading directly from a teleprompter. I guess ignoring Obama's, Harvard Educated, screwups and ridiculing the political opposition for theirs, is part of Obama's new politics and improving the tone? Not quite what we thought it would be, is it?

February 9, 2010 03:41 pm at 3:41 pm |
  3. Scott in Atlanta

I'm, in no way, a fan of Sarah Palin, but Robert Gibbs is an idiot for joining in this particular mess. The White House should stay quiet and let the bloggosphere make merchandise out of her "palm-reading"

It should be beneath the White House.

February 9, 2010 03:41 pm at 3:41 pm |
  4. an independent in Ca

Ha Ha Ha!!! Got iPalm??
    Let us elect Sarah the next Pres. of US PLEASE!!

February 9, 2010 03:41 pm at 3:41 pm |
  5. The Film Professor

She really should write down "Think before you speak".

My Dad once told me something prophetic: "Remember that it is better to sit there and look stupid, rather than open your mouth and remove all doubt."

Palin is truly a dolt, capable of speaking only in the most simplistic sound bites. I think a lot of conservatives identify with her because for the most part, they are also stupid and ill-informed.

February 9, 2010 03:41 pm at 3:41 pm |
  6. Nancy

well, it was pretty funny.

I'm glad Gibbs is pointing out how childish Sarah Palin is in her actions and her words. She might have an attitude some people like (middle schoolers), but not any answers.

As I tell my kids – you should never put down other people to try to build yourself up. It only makes you look small. Sarah Palin looks and acts very small.

Criticizing Pres Obama is easy; where are her solutions? Sarah Palin and the Tea Party people are scary. Republican politicians planning on benefiting from the unrest of these people scare me, too.

I realize the squeaky wheel gets the grease, but our elected officials need to stand up to the blatant lies and misinformation these groups are spreading.

So I hope the WH and other reasonable leaders (of any political persuasion) start calling out the loud voices of unreason for what they are – backwards thinking and no help to our country.

February 9, 2010 03:41 pm at 3:41 pm |
  7. demo

I'm not a Palin fan but i am really not a Gibbs fan...now. This guy is an absolute embarassment. His behavior is expected in elementary school, not the White House of the United States. What an absolute moron.

February 9, 2010 03:41 pm at 3:41 pm |
  8. Redman, CA

To all the Palin apologists saying "Obama uses a Teleprompter" – Palin READ her speech – let me say that again so you get it she READ her speech. She READ her notes.

She referred to her hand in case she forgot her CORE VALUES for the Q&A session.

She couldn't get through a scripted Q&A without cheating. She couldn't remember her CORE VALUES. Said another way, she couldn't remember what she stood for without her cheat notes.

And to compare – Obama eviscerated the GOP during their recent Q&A session – impromptu, ad-lib, improvised, on the fly, etc...

But y'all wouldn't know that because Fox News cut away early, because the GOP beat-down Obama gave was too much for Fox to handle.

February 9, 2010 03:41 pm at 3:41 pm |
  9. Gibbs is an idiot!

Gibbs, look in your underwear for hope and change - that's the only place you'll find it. Idiot!

February 9, 2010 03:41 pm at 3:41 pm |
  10. Patty In Illinois

It's stuff like this that makes us bitter towards the other party; makes us divisive. Gibbs is an arrogant SOB who likes to belittle others, including the average American. Was this really necessary? So what if she had a few notes written on her hand... at least she can speak without a teleprompter & I'll bet she can pronounce corpsman...

February 9, 2010 03:41 pm at 3:41 pm |
  11. Laurie

Good one!!!!

February 9, 2010 03:42 pm at 3:42 pm |
  12. WA resident

For President's cabinet to stoop this low regarding writings on ones hands, is below their stature. The Whitehouse should be an example of class and not on pity quarels with everyone.

February 9, 2010 03:42 pm at 3:42 pm |
  13. ANGIE

she had a nerve talking about President Obama using a telepromter. she yaks about the same thing (putting President Obama down). she has NO solutions, because she doesn't have an orginal thought in her head. AND has to write down the things that are her supposed agenda . she is a BIG JOKE! and made a crack about him being a college professor. it took her stupid A$$ 6 years and 5 colleges to get a journalism degree. PLZ!

February 9, 2010 03:42 pm at 3:42 pm |
  14. Scott in Atlanta

Don't get in the mud with pigs, because you're the only one that stands to GET dirty... And they already like it there...

February 9, 2010 03:42 pm at 3:42 pm |
  15. Lucy-TX

While trashing President Obama for using a teleprompter,Palin clearly READ her speech verbatim on the podium while having additional notes scribbled on her hand for the prepped Q&A..

BTW: Didn't she use the teleprompter the entire time on Campaign trial there is plenty of footage! I want to see the bimbo memorize one of those ghostwritten speeches without the palmgate, note cards, and any digital device that is used daily by all politicians. the I want her to speak without written ghostwritten speeches/notes or the digital device that is used in the Political world.

CNN YOU NEED TO STOP GIVING The hypocritical Palin free press time...........

Lucy,
    Independent Voter!

February 9, 2010 03:42 pm at 3:42 pm |
  16. Dean

I wonder what Gibbs says about his boss who can't even address grade schoolers without a teleprompter.

February 9, 2010 03:42 pm at 3:42 pm |
  17. cynt

now all you righties and analyst on these news stations don't start tripping because Gibbs made a joke out of what the nit wit did by writing her speech in her hand. Everytime one of President Obama's staff does something or say something you all make it sounds like it's the worst thing for his administration to do. give me a break, everybody else has laughed at this moron so why not the people who she always bashes the most. Good for you Gibbs!!

February 9, 2010 03:43 pm at 3:43 pm |
  18. Eddy

Hey, at least Palin remembered which hand she had written it on. But that's about the extent of her cognitive capacities.

February 9, 2010 03:43 pm at 3:43 pm |
  19. Wanda in Montana

Gibbs has a good sense of humor which is important when you have to deal with spoiled brat children.

Sarah should write a note on her hand that reminds her not to call people names. Socialist, terrorist (or a pal of terrorists) or any other term she deems demeaning that she calls our president. I didn't know "Law Professor" was bad, but I guess in her very small mind it is.

Some of the rightwing call those of us who disagree with them, "libertards" which I think is an insult to Sarah's baby as much as anything Rahm said. And if it's okay for Rush Limbaugh to call people "retards" then it's okay for everyone. Sarah's baby just takes after his mom.

Someday when I get Reagan's disease and need to write something on my hand that I know very well, it will be: Hopey/Changey better than Quitter/Twitter.

February 9, 2010 03:43 pm at 3:43 pm |
  20. Susan L.

Well deserved. Palin is a total idiot. And a GIANT hypocrite. Smarmy and snarky and just plain nasty. She deserves everything she gets thrown at her.

And the absolute best takedown of this moron queen was Stephen Colbert last night.

February 9, 2010 03:43 pm at 3:43 pm |
  21. Sniffit

Oweboma needs a teleprompter

what be the big deal

gibbs is the joke here people............

my palm reads

"Hold on to your wallet"

its a nifty reminder for the next 3 years to come

February 9, 2010 03:43 pm at 3:43 pm |
  22. Really

Keep dividing us. And like many Americans because of this administration's policies, Gibbs will be looking for a job in the near future too.

February 9, 2010 03:44 pm at 3:44 pm |
  23. Larry

Why does CNN not call this pseudo party by its correct name: "The All White Tea Bagger Party".

February 9, 2010 03:44 pm at 3:44 pm |
  24. John from CT

I can only hope she is the Republican nominee for President in 2012.

February 9, 2010 03:44 pm at 3:44 pm |
  25. j williamson

A couple of crib sheets may have helped in her debate with Joe Biden – couldn't have hurt in any event. Remember that somewhat large and square-shaped device they stuck on George Bush's back when he debated John Kerry in 2004? Has anyone ever figured out (or disclosed) what the he** that was?

February 9, 2010 03:44 pm at 3:44 pm |