February 9th, 2010

Mystery Bush sign causes stir

ALT TEXT

Last December a billboard popped up north of Minneapolis on I-35 featuring former President George W. Bush's image next to the words "Miss Me Yet?". (Photo by Bob Collins/ Minnesota Public Radio)

(CNN) – A political mystery of sorts in Minnesota may have been solved.

A billboard popped up north of Minneapolis on I-35 featuring former President George W. Bush's image next to the words "Miss Me Yet?" last December. But until Tuesday it wasn't known who paid for it.

While the identities of the sign owners are still unclear, the general manager of the advertising company who owns the billboard space told Minnesota Public Radio it was financed by "a group of small business owners who feel like Washington is against them."

"They wish to remain anonymous. They thought it was a fun way of getting out their message," said Mary Teske, of Schubert & Hoey Outdoor Advertising.

Schubert & Hoey did not return CNN's request for comment.

Filed under: George W. Bush • Minnesota • Popular Posts
  1. Joe

Even if Obama suddenly morphed, Hollywood style, into a giant lizard that stomped all over Washington, I still wouldn't miss you, George. That stupid look on your face in this giant photo is one of the hundreds of reasons why.

February 9, 2010 05:29 pm at 5:29 pm |
  2. Reynaldo

NO!!!! I;m not going to miss the stupidiest President of all time.He's a disgrace to american people. He's the reason why our economy is so bad.

February 9, 2010 05:30 pm at 5:30 pm |
  3. Mark

We miss him badly. Obama is an absolute disgrace. He is clueless on just about every matter.

February 9, 2010 05:31 pm at 5:31 pm |
  4. NWisconsin Boy

Short answer.. No.

February 9, 2010 05:31 pm at 5:31 pm |
  5. Gil

My god the lengths to which conservatives go to defend failed policies is quite amazing. I mean if you can honestly look in the mirror and say, Dubya did a good job you need to reevaluate what the word “good” means and possibly the word “job” because clearly something is off. Maybe your mirror? *shrugs*

Regardless of your opinion on Obama, can you HONESTLY, and I mean HONESTLY say, George was good for this country? Don’t take a jab at Obama, we can roast him later, but honestly, can you look at George and say, “Man I miss him, he was such a good president?”

Can you honestly say those words?

February 9, 2010 05:32 pm at 5:32 pm |
  6. Joe in Peoria

Do we miss Bush??

Let's see... the biggest terrorist attack in our nation's history under Bush... I bet Bin Ladin misses him.

February 9, 2010 05:32 pm at 5:32 pm |
  7. chris L

lol i miss you as bad as i miss IED explosions ... i just find it funny that these so called 'group of small business owners' all wish to remain anonymous (we all know they are rebullicans; lol chances are they are congressmen) ; why dont they just don their white hoods and just be done with it; after all you dont want to be known because you are cowards ... i hated bush and being a proud soldier i openly spoke my mind on it while old men up in a congress called me a traitor for not supporting the president well guess what cowards; i have served this country more in one year than you have your career. i now support this president and you dont so my question what does that make you

February 9, 2010 05:32 pm at 5:32 pm |
  8. Liberal John in Boulder

If Americans miss George Bush, they ought to be reminded of the wandering Israelites who after trials and tribulations in the wilderness began to miss Egypt–apparently forgetting their previous bondage and slavery.

America: if you miss George Bush and the Republican Party, you are truly your own worst enemy.

God help us!

February 9, 2010 05:32 pm at 5:32 pm |
  9. Chtei

Bush is a joke, the entire GOP is a joke, I don't miss him because I appreciate the adults being in charge. I don't want the GOP representing me because they are incompetents who, in fact, have lower IQs and educations than liberals. Among those with the low capacity of thinking are the GOPers in Congress who cannot get facts straight and conservatives that do not know the difference between a budget deficit and federal debt. Republicans act like they know what they are doing and don't spend money like lunatics, yeah right!! Anybody awake the last 8 years!?! Where were the Tea Parties!?

February 9, 2010 05:32 pm at 5:32 pm |
  10. bryan

It's scary that there are people actually do miss W. personally, I do not miss $5 dollar a gallon gas. I don't miss the lies and deception. It is funny to me that all the right-wingers are calling Obama socialist. What was Bush but an autocrat, The rich are only complaining because Obama want to tax THEM to fund things. .

February 9, 2010 05:33 pm at 5:33 pm |
  11. Boomer in Mo

I thought George Bush put up the sign. Don't miss him, and I'm sorry I voted for Obama. He could not lead even just himself anywhere. I was afraid of Don't Know Nothin' Palin because McCain might die before 2012. I liked John Edwards (boy was I wrong there.) I've never liked Hillary. The country should have picked Romney, even if a Mormon has never been elected before.

February 9, 2010 05:33 pm at 5:33 pm |
  12. Rebekah

@ Chicago Independent

I love you!!! Idiocracy is exactly what is happening to America! It should be required watching! I have been saying this for a while! keep up the great posts!!

February 9, 2010 05:34 pm at 5:34 pm |
  13. HJA

David Black February 9th, 2010 5:08 pm ET
    "I guess every one forgot thet the Dems were in charge of both houses when W .was there as they are now"

Get your facts straight ! Congress was NOT controlled by the Dems. From 97 to 09 the Repubs controlled or it was even. The Dems got the House in 07. Your comments are typical RepubliNAZI. Throw out BS and expectr everyone to think it's true

February 9, 2010 05:35 pm at 5:35 pm |
  14. Emmanuel

U.S.A is the worst in types of litracy on this earth. You guys blame Pres Bush for crisis, So you guys has forgoted what happened in 2006 mid term election. When did the crisis starts?, I am ashamed of My country. After 2006 Dems control the house and senate. They over shadow every where with their speeches and sweet talks. They implement their ways to undermine Bush presdency. Now it works for them, it leads us into recesion, they have won, now still looking for somebody to blame, America awake!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

February 9, 2010 05:36 pm at 5:36 pm |
  15. Steve (the real one)

Greg in Cabot, AR February 9th, 2010 5:06 pm ET

To all you Toyota fans.....how is that "smaller government, free market, keep the government out of business de-regulation" that Bush gave us working our?????
    --------------------–
    What's Toyota have to do with it? It is a profitable business that hit rough patch and will be healed without a government bailout, just like Ford but unlike GMC and Chrysler! I would love to answer your question but truth is its been a about a year since we've experienced smaller governnment and free markets!

February 9, 2010 05:36 pm at 5:36 pm |
  16. Gil

You know I wonder if that’s the picture of him waiving at Steve Wonder

February 9, 2010 05:38 pm at 5:38 pm |
  17. StoneyBowes

I miss Bush sometimes when I need a good laugh.

February 9, 2010 05:38 pm at 5:38 pm |
  18. Rebekah

@ Eric

Really, I was watching the news when the pentagon was hit, and the man reporting the story was talking to several witnesses who said it was a rocket that hit the pentagon, I was not the only one who saw this, maybe you need to look it up. Funny you can't find that news piece anymore.

February 9, 2010 05:38 pm at 5:38 pm |
  19. forty

Yup, we have several more countries to declare war on, and our economy is just starting to recover from this idiot!

February 9, 2010 05:39 pm at 5:39 pm |