February 9th, 2010

Mystery Bush sign causes stir

ALT TEXT

Last December a billboard popped up north of Minneapolis on I-35 featuring former President George W. Bush's image next to the words "Miss Me Yet?". (Photo by Bob Collins/ Minnesota Public Radio)

(CNN) – A political mystery of sorts in Minnesota may have been solved.

A billboard popped up north of Minneapolis on I-35 featuring former President George W. Bush's image next to the words "Miss Me Yet?" last December. But until Tuesday it wasn't known who paid for it.

While the identities of the sign owners are still unclear, the general manager of the advertising company who owns the billboard space told Minnesota Public Radio it was financed by "a group of small business owners who feel like Washington is against them."

"They wish to remain anonymous. They thought it was a fun way of getting out their message," said Mary Teske, of Schubert & Hoey Outdoor Advertising.

Schubert & Hoey did not return CNN's request for comment.

Filed under: George W. Bush • Minnesota • Popular Posts
  1. EDDIE

NO WE DON'T YOU CAUSED THE MESS WE ARE IN!

February 9, 2010 04:08 pm at 4:08 pm |
  2. Tram

NO! America and the world does NOT miss Herr Bush the Would-Be Dictator who shredded the Constitution for his own personal benefit and the benefit of his cronies so they could line their pockets while the rest of us lost our jobs.

February 9, 2010 04:08 pm at 4:08 pm |
  3. Liberalism is a Mental Disorder

February 9, 2010 04:09 pm at 4:09 pm |
  4. Edward Veidt

I can honestly say this: no, I don't miss Bush at all. Not even a little bit.

February 9, 2010 04:09 pm at 4:09 pm |
  5. Ann

NOT in a MILLION years........

February 9, 2010 04:09 pm at 4:09 pm |
  6. Randolph Carter, I'm no expert but...

Even a libtarded Obamabot like myself must admit, that there is funny. Have a nice day!

February 9, 2010 04:09 pm at 4:09 pm |
  7. felicia

Who the he!! intheir right mind would even do such a thing. He!! no we don't miss bush. Please my President Obama got it on lock for sho.

February 9, 2010 04:10 pm at 4:10 pm |
  8. Lori in St Pete

Nope. However if you promise to walk in front of my car, I'll be sure to NOT miss ya for real!

February 9, 2010 04:10 pm at 4:10 pm |
  9. J.Williams san diego

LOL..ROTFLOL....this is driving the loony liberal lefties even more loony...On the cartoon network MSNBC, Keith Bi-polarmann has his glasses steaming.

February 9, 2010 04:10 pm at 4:10 pm |
  10. gt

the questions should be " are you better off now " ?

February 9, 2010 04:10 pm at 4:10 pm |
  11. Peejay

Evidently the "group of small business owners" has disposable income. How nice for them.

February 9, 2010 04:11 pm at 4:11 pm |
  12. GODZILLA1

Miss the worst President ever – someone who makes Grant look competent, who makes Harding look intelligent and who makes Nixon look like a statesman! Hardly – he is now in his element hanging out with Jerry Jones in the owner's box at Cowboy stadium.

February 9, 2010 04:11 pm at 4:11 pm |
  13. Lori in St Pete

...it was financed by "a group of small business owners who feel like Washington is against them."

Yeah, because idiot boy and his crew were soooooo for them. What a bunch of crybabies.

February 9, 2010 04:11 pm at 4:11 pm |
  14. Steph

No, I don't miss the idiot who ruined our country's economy, sent our brave soldiers to die without a plan for victory, and created a huge budget deficit!

February 9, 2010 04:12 pm at 4:12 pm |
  15. NVa Native

No – not possible.

February 9, 2010 04:12 pm at 4:12 pm |
  16. mario

This is sarcastic against Bush, he really look st p i d, by the way, but funny face laughable

February 9, 2010 04:12 pm at 4:12 pm |
  17. GI Joe

Hmmmm – sounds like Bachmann's school-girl crazy antics to me. She didn't stop the bridge from crumbling from no maintenance, W didn't either.

How many interstates? How many bridges? Some built in the 50s. 60 years old.

February 9, 2010 04:12 pm at 4:12 pm |
  18. cynt

These small business owners need to be carefuil what they wish for. don't these moron know that bush was the one that got they dumb butts in the situation they are in now, what a bunch of ignorant fools if they think bush would be missed, LOLLLLLLL

February 9, 2010 04:13 pm at 4:13 pm |
  19. Lou Silvestri

No, I don't.

February 9, 2010 04:13 pm at 4:13 pm |
  20. J.Crobuzon

Weasels for Bush?

February 9, 2010 04:13 pm at 4:13 pm |
  21. Truth Bomb-Thrower

I miss Jimmy Carter and Slick Willie right now.........and I NEVER thought I would say that!

February 9, 2010 04:14 pm at 4:14 pm |
  22. Texas Granny

And the answer to the billboard's question is "NO".!!!!!

February 9, 2010 04:14 pm at 4:14 pm |