February 9th, 2010

Mystery Bush sign causes stir

ALT TEXT

Last December a billboard popped up north of Minneapolis on I-35 featuring former President George W. Bush's image next to the words "Miss Me Yet?". (Photo by Bob Collins/ Minnesota Public Radio)

(CNN) – A political mystery of sorts in Minnesota may have been solved.

A billboard popped up north of Minneapolis on I-35 featuring former President George W. Bush's image next to the words "Miss Me Yet?" last December. But until Tuesday it wasn't known who paid for it.

While the identities of the sign owners are still unclear, the general manager of the advertising company who owns the billboard space told Minnesota Public Radio it was financed by "a group of small business owners who feel like Washington is against them."

"They wish to remain anonymous. They thought it was a fun way of getting out their message," said Mary Teske, of Schubert & Hoey Outdoor Advertising.

Schubert & Hoey did not return CNN's request for comment.

Filed under: George W. Bush • Minnesota • Popular Posts
  1. The (R) stands for Retarded

I miss W like I miss cancer.

February 9, 2010 04:23 pm at 4:23 pm |
  2. PALINs PALM PILOT...have all the clueless Answers

I like the ad; and I will donate to have it start running on all main stream media....and since the supreme court has sided with business corporations to pour money into ads unabashedly; the sponsors of this ad shouldn't be ashamed to identify themselves....at least, GW is for big business that wrecked wall street and for deregulation that started this great depression....and he was responsible for giving the top 5% of wealthiest Americans taxes of unimaginable proportions that were un-paid for; coupled with un-bidded contracts to Halliburton and small business in starting a yes, 2 un-paid for wars in the middle east!!!

so why would ordinary americans miss GW Bush?....only big businesses and oil corporations and of course WALL STREET!!!

February 9, 2010 04:23 pm at 4:23 pm |
  3. toni

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

February 9, 2010 04:23 pm at 4:23 pm |
  4. You Betcha

Not just no, Hell no.

February 9, 2010 04:24 pm at 4:24 pm |
  5. Dennis

Absolutely not!

February 9, 2010 04:24 pm at 4:24 pm |
  6. Jean

Simply put the answer is "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!"
    The American People are already paying for Bush's mistakes on all fronts from the economy to a war we should not be in. Just think how much WOULD OF NOT BEEN SPENT if we were not in Iraq. Simply embarrassing.

February 9, 2010 04:24 pm at 4:24 pm |
  7. Scott in Atlanta

HELL NO!!!

February 9, 2010 04:24 pm at 4:24 pm |
  8. From a Chicago Independent 26 year old white male

oh and in regards to this article no i don't and never will!!!

February 9, 2010 04:24 pm at 4:24 pm |
  9. Republicans - Wrong about everything, Wrong for America (and GW Bush was the worst President ever)

Let's see. The war in Iraq is coming to an end. The banks are more stable. I made money in the stock market last year. As bad as it is, the economy is still better than it was 2 years ago. We have a chance at health care change. So, NO, I don't miss you.

February 9, 2010 04:24 pm at 4:24 pm |
  10. If you want something ruined, put a republican in charge

I sure as hell am glad Bush/Cheney and their culture of corruption are gone. They got us into an economic abyss, and had no clue in dealing with terrorists.

February 9, 2010 04:24 pm at 4:24 pm |
  11. Stacey

Heck No! I'll never miss this jerk.

February 9, 2010 04:25 pm at 4:25 pm |
  12. Hope and Change

Absolutely... Three more years before we have a president again...

February 9, 2010 04:25 pm at 4:25 pm |
  13. KM

If we don't learn from our mistakes we are bound to repeat them.

February 9, 2010 04:25 pm at 4:25 pm |
  14. If you want something ruined, put a republican in charge

Not only do I not miss him, I wish he had never been president.

February 9, 2010 04:25 pm at 4:25 pm |
  15. Lynne

Yeah, we miss GWB like a toothache!

February 9, 2010 04:25 pm at 4:25 pm |
  16. Nobodys Perfecft

HE**LL NO we don't miss you. Why are you still hanging around? Maybe W should write a message on his palm that says "Go home now ... it's over"

February 9, 2010 04:26 pm at 4:26 pm |
  17. Dodd Democrat...

Love it.......

February 9, 2010 04:26 pm at 4:26 pm |
  18. Pam in NC

Yes, I do miss him. I didn't realize when Obama said he was going to fundamentally change America – I didn't realize he wanted the government to control health care and take over every industry the government can get its hands on. So many in the Obama administration like China and other similar countries. I lived in China – I can promise it is not what the media portrays it to be. 20 years have passed since being in the country, and currently the average wage is $150 per year. The government takes money, spends on itself, and leaves the citizens as they are. Sounds similar to our government.

February 9, 2010 04:26 pm at 4:26 pm |
  19. VernisRobertson

A Tea Bagger

February 9, 2010 04:27 pm at 4:27 pm |
  20. Gil Oberdas

No! Not yet! Not Ever! How could we miss the man that got us involved in two wars and created the mess we are in now. Republicans! Ba Humbug!

February 9, 2010 04:27 pm at 4:27 pm |
  21. If you want something ruined, put a republican in charge

Now that the economy is turning around, and we have avoided a great depression, I'll bet W would like to come back and take another shot at ruining America.

February 9, 2010 04:28 pm at 4:28 pm |
  22. Duck Fallas

Like I miss my impacted wisdom tooth.

February 9, 2010 04:28 pm at 4:28 pm |
  23. Ron

There is no doubt that there is a large number of people who fell for the "Hope and Change" boloney and would LOVE to have GW back. You know how the old saying goes "be careful what you wish for – you just might get it". That's what happened with Obama. People "wished" for someone new: a good speaker, said a "different government", etc. Well we certainly got it. We got an idiot in Obama that reads off a teleprompter and does not have any leadership qualities (let alone has NEVER even WORKED in the private sector). Goodness how I miss George W Bush:(

February 9, 2010 04:28 pm at 4:28 pm |
  24. Capt. Snarky

I sure don't miss GW, and I sure ain't gonna miss obama once he's out, either. Neither are worth the votes the people gave them.

February 9, 2010 04:28 pm at 4:28 pm |
  25. TCM

This sign is a riot! God Bless GW for keeping us safe; and until 2006 when the liberal idiots invaded congress, we were experiencing good economic times. Liberalism has destroyed the market, created racial divides, and has led to America being laughed at by the world. Kennedy kicking the bucket and being replaced with a real American was a good start. Now Murtha's gone, and with him his radical agenda....good riddance. Let's replace him with a true conservative American...and get this party started!

How can Gibbs, the bumbling, stumbling, stuttering, "speaker," even begin to poke at Palin? This moron cannot say an entire sentence without screwing it up...in addition, Obama's the king of reading....teleprompter being used for a class of 6th graders! Just shows the liberals know their ship is sinking; and they try to throw attention elsewhere...nice try, Gibbs...

February 9, 2010 04:28 pm at 4:28 pm |