February 9th, 2010

Mystery Bush sign causes stir

ALT TEXT

Last December a billboard popped up north of Minneapolis on I-35 featuring former President George W. Bush's image next to the words "Miss Me Yet?". (Photo by Bob Collins/ Minnesota Public Radio)

(CNN) – A political mystery of sorts in Minnesota may have been solved.

A billboard popped up north of Minneapolis on I-35 featuring former President George W. Bush's image next to the words "Miss Me Yet?" last December. But until Tuesday it wasn't known who paid for it.

While the identities of the sign owners are still unclear, the general manager of the advertising company who owns the billboard space told Minnesota Public Radio it was financed by "a group of small business owners who feel like Washington is against them."

"They wish to remain anonymous. They thought it was a fun way of getting out their message," said Mary Teske, of Schubert & Hoey Outdoor Advertising.

Schubert & Hoey did not return CNN's request for comment.

Filed under: George W. Bush • Minnesota • Popular Posts
  1. billionaire

Are people insane!
    This is the same guy who had terror suspects tortured that later turned out to be innocent.
    This is the same guy who gave massive tax cuts to the rich and big oil and ran up the deficit that we are currently burdened by.
    This is the guy who completely neglected Hurricane Katrina victims and than lied about knowing the hurricane even happened.
    This is the same guy who led us into a disastrous war into Iraq and neglected the real threat from Al Qaeda.
    This is the guy who damaged our relations with every major US ally around the world.
    This is the guy that was president when the current economic crisis began in the fall of 2007.
    Our current president has done a fantastic job with a horrible hand. We should commend him for his fantastic work.

February 9, 2010 05:10 pm at 5:10 pm |
  2. Jeff from Chicago

In two words..

HELL YES!!!!!!!!!!!!

February 9, 2010 05:11 pm at 5:11 pm |
  3. Gil

I miss Bush like I miss;
    A hammer to my forehead...
    A swift kick to the groin...
    A nail into my eyeball.

Anyone who misses Bush either:
    a. Does not love america
    b. Loves corporations ruining their lives.

So to quote something I heard a republican once say,
    "Not supporting the president in time of war is treason...Love it or leave it"

but wait he's a minority so it don't count. How silly of me.

February 9, 2010 05:11 pm at 5:11 pm |
  4. Dale

More and more each day!!!!

February 9, 2010 05:12 pm at 5:12 pm |
  5. mario ca.

Look at his face tell everything, mo r o n

February 9, 2010 05:14 pm at 5:14 pm |
  6. Emma

Obama did not take us down the path of recession, greediness and unemployment. These are a continuation of what Bush made possible
    and it is hard to fix. Even a Republican leader could not fix these issues in just a few years.

February 9, 2010 05:15 pm at 5:15 pm |
  7. Allen Hussein

No, not just no but HELL NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

February 9, 2010 05:15 pm at 5:15 pm |
  8. a little sad

Lost my job under Bush, doing very well, thank you, under Obama.

The current administration hasn't been able to fix everything, that's for sure, but at least the tide has turned.

Now if we could get the unpatriotic Republicans to start putting the interests of the country and the Amercian people over their own interests, we might progress more rapidly.

February 9, 2010 05:17 pm at 5:17 pm |
  9. shoegazer

worst president ever.....he and his cabal of crooks made up the worst administration the country has ever seen.years from now when all the truths may finally be told,that will surely come to light.

February 9, 2010 05:18 pm at 5:18 pm |
  10. Rebekah

What has Obama done that has been wrong? Are you idiots for real? We have had 8 years of crappy scare tactic government and it has produced a bunch of babies who wine about everything Obama has done! Where the hell were you when Hundreds of thousand of Iranian men women and children were being slaughtered! That was ok to you when they had nothing to do with 9/11. (Which by the way was perpetrated by the Bush administration those who think any different are fools!) It is so disgusting how Americans can't see anything else other than themselves! Whatever happened to ask not what your country can do for you, but what YOU CAN DO FOR YOUR COUNTRY!!!

February 9, 2010 05:20 pm at 5:20 pm |
  11. Jeffer65

I think if they were serious about missing GW, they would've used a more flattering, presidential-looking picture of him. He looks like a real doofus in that one.
    For a follow up, they could have a picture of McCain and Palin with the caption, "Are you sorry now that we didn't win?"
    Having said that, Obama and Congress have not impressed me either.

February 9, 2010 05:21 pm at 5:21 pm |
  12. BOB

David Black,

I guess you've forgotton that the Repub's were in control of both houses for the first 6 years of the Bush disaster. Not one bill was vetoed in the first 6 years of his admin. They , the Repub's, gave an inept little creep everything he wanted and he still couldn't govern. The man would screw up a soup sandwich.

February 9, 2010 05:21 pm at 5:21 pm |
  13. Pragmatic

" it was financed by "a group of small business owners who feel like Washington is against them." "They wish to remain anonymous. "

Why we should listen to some spineless, anonymous twits ...longing for the good old days and ignoring the truth that the man they "luv" is responsible for this whole mess .... and wouldn't have a clue how to solve these problems if he were still in office!

February 9, 2010 05:21 pm at 5:21 pm |
  14. Angi's mom

NO! It was 8 years of insanity.

February 9, 2010 05:22 pm at 5:22 pm |
  15. cwh

Yes, I miss him but then I'm a comedian.

February 9, 2010 05:22 pm at 5:22 pm |
  16. BAC

Sure glad they left plenty of black space for somebody to climb up and spray paint "NOT NO BUT HELL NO!!!!!"

Too bad I live so far away.....

February 9, 2010 05:22 pm at 5:22 pm |
  17. Teleprompter

Caring February 9th, 2010 4:35 pm ET wrote:

How could we miss the man who spent more money in his 8 years in office than all the presidents from G. Washington to B. Clinton
    _________________________________________________

You do realize that Obamessiah has already topped that in one year...

Keep setting them up...and I'll knock 'em down....

February 9, 2010 05:23 pm at 5:23 pm |
  18. Hammerer

Funny, but a recent poll shows Bush would beat Obama today!

February 9, 2010 05:23 pm at 5:23 pm |
  19. norwalkpa

ooohhhh yesssss! new screen saver!

February 9, 2010 05:23 pm at 5:23 pm |
  20. Steve (the real one)

Interesting! I remember when as a candidate, Obama stated he would fundamentally change this country. The fan clubbers stood and cheered, cried, and slobbered. Nobody bothered to ask, "what does that mean"? Now we know and it ain't pretty!

February 9, 2010 05:23 pm at 5:23 pm |
  21. ThinkAgain

My guess this is just the beginning of "corporate free speech", wherein huge multi-national companies fund campaigns and issues.

And in answer to the question posed, no, we DON'T miss you, Georgie.

You and your tried-and-failed, completely idiotic economic, military and foreign policies are what got us into this mess in the first place!

February 9, 2010 05:23 pm at 5:23 pm |
  22. Crystal

Liberals who have access to computers amuse me. Conservatives who have access to billboards also amuse me. Is all of America PMSing, because I sure see a lot of nonsense driven by emotion here.

February 9, 2010 05:25 pm at 5:25 pm |
  23. lou

God NOOOOOOO. Thought I was having a horrible flashback. Go Away!!! You lost!!! Take Sarah Crib notes and Grandpa Mccain with you. You Idiots that really think this country is worse off One year later are just plain Moronic,probably racist,IDIOTS. Half of you are on the Government dole one way or the other and you do nothing but blast this intelligent man for having to clean up YOUR mess.Give back your Medicare,Medicaid,Social Security,Unemployment,WIC or VA benefit's and then come talk about Socialism.... You get me sick. I'm sure my Insurance company will deny my claim too ,you blind sheep.

February 9, 2010 05:26 pm at 5:26 pm |
  24. Big-eared Teleprompter

The only way I can miss the current "Hollywood" POTUS is to never look at any media sources and leave my TV turned off!

February 9, 2010 05:27 pm at 5:27 pm |
  25. Eric in Denver

@Rebekah you have earned the award as the dumbest human being(I use that term loosely for you) in the entire country. Al Gore is embarrassed for you

February 9, 2010 05:29 pm at 5:29 pm |