February 11th, 2010

Palin's 'an engaging person,' Biden says

(CNN) - Vice President Joe Biden said Wednesday he's a fan of Sarah Palin's personality but questions where some of the former Alaska governor's comments "come from."

"I do I like her. She's an engaging person. She has a great personality," Biden said in an interview with CNN's Larry King airing Wednesday. "I don't agree with what she says and I think some of the things she says are not, um, not um…"

Pressed to continue his thought, Biden said, "Well I, you know it's sort of like, some of the comments made are just so far sort of out there. I just don't know where they come from, but...I understand why people like her. "

Asked if he feared Palin politically, Biden questioned the breadth of the former Republican vice presidential nominee's appeal.

"My sense is that Sarah appeals, Gov. Palin appeals to a group of people who are generally frustrated, feel disenfranchised, are very conservative, not all of them…Tea Party people, but beyond that," Biden said. "She has appeal beyond that as well, but I don't know that it represents anything approaching a significant portion of the population."

Filed under: Joe Biden • Larry King Live • Sarah Palin
  1. Justin

The only people I know that think Sarah represents the majority are people who have a couple friends who like her. Simple facts show that Americans don't care for hate spewing quitters. While I would love for her to run for 2012 for my own reasons, she seems to be following money and support than doing any real good for the people.

February 10, 2010 08:06 pm at 8:06 pm |
  2. malia

Safe to say that Palin has more brains than you, Joe!

February 10, 2010 08:06 pm at 8:06 pm |
  3. Mad Matt

Thank you Vice President Biden for the excellent advice. The next time I want to call someone a complete moron who doesn't know squat about what they are talking about, I'll say "they are an engaging person"...

February 10, 2010 08:07 pm at 8:07 pm |
  4. Tony

YOU LIE!!. I like Joe Biden. C'mon Joe, you know she's a muppet.

February 10, 2010 08:08 pm at 8:08 pm |
  5. Chuck Anaheim,Ca

Aw comon Joe! Stop being polite and tell us what everyone else already knows about her...She's an egotisicle Bible thumping hillbilly that has the IQ of a snail.

February 10, 2010 08:09 pm at 8:09 pm |
  6. timz

Hey, Alaskans! How's that whole we-elected-you-to-be-Governor thing workin' out for ya?

February 10, 2010 08:17 pm at 8:17 pm |
  7. Aari

Thank you Mr. Vice President. You don't have to say it, but I will! Sarah Pallin, have got to be one of the stupidest person whoever held a posted of governor. She think she is qualify to run the most power country on the face of the earth. Give me a break, how dumb you think American's are, oops! I mean how dumb you think I am!!!. Go back to Alaska and your trailer trash.

February 10, 2010 08:24 pm at 8:24 pm |
  8. Future expat

Biden is already one step ahead of Sarah Palin by not referring to her as O'Palin.

February 10, 2010 08:27 pm at 8:27 pm |
  9. Bob in Pa

Yeah, Joe never made a "so far out there" comment in his life.

February 10, 2010 08:30 pm at 8:30 pm |
  10. I want Sarah to run Because . . .

What Joe was really thinking:
    "She's dumber than a pocketful of rocks and is as clever as a pig with a pocketwatch.

February 10, 2010 08:32 pm at 8:32 pm |
  11. lillacluvr

Sarah Palin is very likable and engaging. I want her to run for president and to speak as much as possible in the next 3 years. Go Sarah Go!

February 10, 2010 08:35 pm at 8:35 pm |
  12. Dem in AZ

Palin appeals to the neo cons and that is fine. I hope some day we can put Palin behind us and talk about better issues other then her big "you betcha" mouth.

February 10, 2010 08:37 pm at 8:37 pm |
  13. Cindy

Sarah Palin is nothing but Speech Pollution. The sooner the people in this country come to realize that, the better. How can anyone like her personality. That would be like enjoying the smell of a wet fart.

February 10, 2010 08:37 pm at 8:37 pm |
  14. annie against biased news

Here's another demon-crat with cotton stuck in his ears. I know done of them can hear WE THE PEOPLE but gee you might have thought they would have heard Scott Brown getting elected. As far as intelligence Sarah Palin knows we don't have 57 states as obama thinks we have and don't believe she would ever say corpseman unless she was talking about a dead male.

February 10, 2010 08:39 pm at 8:39 pm |
  15. Aishiori Katamura

Hey...Hey! Joe!

I voted for the President partly because you were part of the ticket. Can we pay attention to what's going on? Please?

Jobs, Mr. Vice President. Jobs. People need to pay their bills.

Sarah Palin is a happy distraction from the vivisection that's currently going on as everyone in a position of power takes a chunk of the country for themselves. I hope Ms. Palin runs and get the Tea Party nomination. Maybe Johnny Depp and Alice can join us because, right now, we all need some respite from the trouncing that the American taxpayer is taking. She'll never win, but the next presidential race will be a better value than the typical multiplex movie. I'll definitely buy ticket. Grab it while you can.

February 10, 2010 08:41 pm at 8:41 pm |
  16. Wilson

Sorry, Joe. I could never find anything appealing in an empty-headed piece of "fluff." She knows little of our country and very little about the meaning of "truth." She says what suits her with no regard for reality. She points fingers at others while, at the same time, she practices the same conduct she bemoans. In short, Palin is a phoney. She does give us much to laugh about – herself.

February 10, 2010 08:44 pm at 8:44 pm |
  17. southern cousin

Is there any way we can shut this bumbling fool and liar up. Let's have him talk global warming like that lying loser Al Gore.

February 10, 2010 08:44 pm at 8:44 pm |
  18. Elliott Carlin

Watch the video of Biden trying to explain he's personally a pro-life catholic, but is pro-choice politically-speaking.
    Its painful to watch.

At least you know where Palin stands on the issues....and she doesn't plagiarize or read from teleprompters like Biden/Obama.

Plus she drives the libs/elitists nuts.

Reason enough to support her.

February 10, 2010 08:45 pm at 8:45 pm |
  19. Hope Joe is Right

Joe, I heard you talk about the possiblity of another 9/11 scale attack and how you believed that it was unlikely to occur again. Joe I hope that you are right. I hope that we have sufficient defenses and intelligence in place that we can thwart future attacks.

But we must be careful, if our enemy has not changed and we drop our deligence then surely it will happen again. Our enemy is driven not through politics or a desire to expand their territory, but rather by a theological motive that they are Good and We are Evil and must be destoryed. Time is on their side, their opinion is rooted in centuries of "faith". To them we are the infidel, they believe that they have a devine edict to attack the Great Satan.

So Joe, I hope you are right. But if you and Barrack don't start hitting these guys harder or retreat to a safer zone that allows for a reasonable halt of hostilities, we will be attacked again. There is no middle ground, we can not be lukewarm.

February 10, 2010 08:45 pm at 8:45 pm |
  20. Mark

First smart thing Biden has said in a long time. He knows how popular Palin is and to bad mouth her would serve him no good. Especially, considering how unpopular he and Obama are right now.

February 10, 2010 08:51 pm at 8:51 pm |
  21. Tammy

"engaging" - a euphemism for ______?

February 10, 2010 08:54 pm at 8:54 pm |