February 13th, 2010

Help wanted: Obama's Twitterer (filibusterers need not apply)

Are you qualified to tweet for the president?
Are you qualified to tweet for the president?

(Fortune) - With unemployment weighing heavily on the economy, Barack Obama is stressing his ability to create jobs. He’s even got one available, posting Facebook updates and tweets on behalf of the President of the United States.

Organizing for America, an organization under the umbrella of the Democratic National Committee is looking for a “Social Networks Manager.” The ideal candidate is someone who can play Twitter, Facebook, and yes, even MySpace, like a violin, to “execute grassroots campaigns to advance the President’s agenda for change.” Let’s be very clear, while you will be Obama’s political mouthpiece on Twitter (@BarackObama) you aren’t the official White House voice, that’s a separate Twitter account (@whitehouse). Facebook, same story. Your job, should you get it, is to further the Administration’s political agenda, and in a few years get Obama re-elected.

The posting went up just in time for the Presidents’ Day weekend. And what better way to spend the executive branch-themed holiday, than outlining the benefits of overhauling the health care system with surgically crafted 140-character tweets, and Facebook updates that explain the strategy underpinning the war in Afghanistan?

More on CNNMoney.com

1. RIDOSWORLD

I will apply if they won't look at my Twitter account LOL @ridosworld

February 13, 2010 12:48 pm at 12:48 pm |
  2. ohbrother

So will Obama pay for his own propaganda or is it the tax payers.

February 13, 2010 12:52 pm at 12:52 pm |
  3. Dave M.

Those of you young people that keep preaching about the revolution, and that old people need to give up and stop fighting. Know this, if you knew and understood history you would see that Obama is doing step by step excactly what Hitler did on his rise to power. I am not saying he will be Hitler, but no one can know until it is too late. Not to mention YOU ARE NOT ENTITLED TO WHAT I HAVE EARNED!!!!!! Stop being so lazy, weak amd selfish and get a job, start at the bottom and earn your way up, take pride in what you do regardless of what it is, and for Heaven sake develop some honor, dignity and respect for you elders. You will never make with your current mindset. Eventually socialists run out of other peoples money, and beind elite they cannot go back to earning a living so they turn to enslvement. Regardless of what you might believe you have a 1 in 100 billion of a chance of being one of the elite. You will be a slave or you will fight to know freedom. You will one realize all this, I just prey it's not to late when you do.

February 13, 2010 12:52 pm at 12:52 pm |
  4. lovable liberal

Hey, I'm qualified. Too liberal, but qualified...

February 13, 2010 12:59 pm at 12:59 pm |
  5. Nestor, Austin, TX

Fantastic. Another taxpayer funded "aide" to the president. The First Lady has over 20 assistants to include a hair dresser and make up artist who travel with her. If they can't do these things themselves that's fine, but pay for it out of your own considerable paycheck.

The president is CEO of the US, runs the country $1.5 trillion in the red (just this year) flys by private jet and gets fancy housing and meals at taxpayer expense. I remember Wall St. executives getting blasted by the president for far less extravagant behavior. I say we tax everything the president makes over $250,000 at a 90% tax bracket.

February 13, 2010 01:07 pm at 1:07 pm |
  6. vicki

I am like c-spurgeon.I am also a 67 years old white woman and I was dismissed from my job from the federal government ..yes National Agricultural Library let me go for the fact that I was 67 italian with back disability and stress. Yes Mr. Obama I hope you read this letter, I would like at least my job back, or I would love to work for you since the government has done me soooooo wrong. Is this the way Mr. Obama the government take care of a 67 years old woman? Please Mr. O write back I like to know your opinion

February 13, 2010 01:10 pm at 1:10 pm |
  7. terry,va.

Tweet on this Obummie......one and done...tweet,tweet.

February 13, 2010 01:24 pm at 1:24 pm |
  8. Bob in Pa

Use some of that overpaid "talant" you already have on staff.Another government job is just another burden on the American taxpayer. I would rather see the money go towards paying someone to do yard maintenance for seniors around the country.

February 13, 2010 01:26 pm at 1:26 pm |
  9. Dave

Notice all the anti-Obama posts offer nothing but NO NO NO. Whatever happened to supporting the President and pulling for the country to do well and for the leaders to succeed? It makes me sad that so many are so easily led to the dark side.

February 13, 2010 01:34 pm at 1:34 pm |
  10. Kirsten

Seriously? Why would the American taxpayers want to pay even more for a job like this? He's already got an official WH twitter, and he's got a guy who can do daily press conferences for him. Why do we need need this job? Just another example of the superflous ways of the president. He could at least try to make REAL jobs...not lazy ones like this.

February 13, 2010 01:40 pm at 1:40 pm |
  11. chris l

Leading scientists searching for a cure for the "mind rot disease" which leads to people being transformed into liberals. The more their mind decays = the more Liberal they become. Its to late for Obozo unfortunately. Hopefully a vaccine will come soon. Stay Tuned

February 13, 2010 01:45 pm at 1:45 pm |
  12. cph9680

That would get boring after about five minutes...Hey, Bumbles, how about some real jobs?

February 13, 2010 01:47 pm at 1:47 pm |
  13. Manny1955

Probably only pays the new Obama Govt Employee average of $150K per year PLUS Benefits and Expenses – – not as much as his 22 'Czars' who get circa $500K per year PLUS B&E. And it probabably means long hours and weekends, unlike the normal Govt Employees and 'Czars' – so beware to apply !

How about if you don't have a job and if you are qualified to do this job how about $150k is better that $0k.......so yes beware of "yes I have a job that pays well"!!!!!!!!

Always looking for the 1/2 empty glass....really sad!

February 13, 2010 02:02 pm at 2:02 pm |
  14. WrongKindofChange

Great, all the jobs created by the stimulus are government jobs. Just what we need...bigger government. The democrats don't get it. You don't cut the deficit by growing government and then taxing the people to pay for it. Cut government, cut taxes, and let the American people grow the economy naturally.

Plus I'm sick in tired of how this current presidency is always campaigning. Quit campaigning and concentrate on the job you were elected to do. If Obama did that, he wouldn't feel a need to campaign because his numbers wouldn't be slipping.

February 13, 2010 02:10 pm at 2:10 pm |
  15. Mike in MN

This looks like one more way for a desperate Obama to try and convince a center right nation to accept is left wing liberal/progressive agenda. He refuses to listen to the voices of a majority of the people he was elected to govern. Until he does he his agenda will continue to be opposed to the will of he people.

February 13, 2010 02:16 pm at 2:16 pm |
  16. Linda

I love my President!!!! Keep the young involved it is their world now and as I watch them try to make it through with poor job prospects, no benefits, rising expenses they have to keep the President's agenda moving forward. I'm a baby boomer and I say shame on those of my generation who refuse to see how easy we had it compared to what the younger people of today are facing.

February 13, 2010 02:22 pm at 2:22 pm |
  17. Ann

what a show..

February 13, 2010 02:25 pm at 2:25 pm |
  18. mark

what a joke grow up and get a life obama!

February 13, 2010 02:43 pm at 2:43 pm |
  19. Term Limits

The NYT reports today that Obama plans to use executive orders to appease the left wingers on the environment, health care, climate, and other agenda items that look stalled in Congress.

If he does this all the FB and Twittering won't save him or the democratic party. He has the left wing locked up does he not understand that the independents are jumping sides faster than ever because the agenda is too radical???

Maybe he's the twitter...

February 13, 2010 03:00 pm at 3:00 pm |
  20. beanne

Lets be very clear, your job should you you choose to accept it is to further the spread of Marxism in America and brainwash the youth of America........

February 13, 2010 03:18 pm at 3:18 pm |
  21. Bush: bin Laden is not a priority

Every big corporation has similar staff to address Web 2.0 marketing and technology. The government is no different and makes sense for Obama to do this.

February 13, 2010 03:54 pm at 3:54 pm |