March 1st, 2010

Bush, Palin to speak at women's forum

Sarah Palin and Laura Bush will cross paths at an event in June.
Sarah Palin and Laura Bush will cross paths at an event in June.

(CNN) - Laura Bush and Sarah Palin have rarely crossed paths, but the two will appear at the same North Carolina forum this June.

Bush and Palin are the featured speakers at the Blueridge Educational Resource Group "Women's Expo" on June 5 in Charlotte, the group confirms. Bush, the former first lady, will speak at 1 p.m. ET following a VIP luncheon while Palin will address the crowd at 4 p.m. ET. The former Alaska governor and 2008 GOP vice presidential nominee will also hold a book signing for the first 75 people who purchase the $300-a-piece tickets.

The group says a portion of the proceeds will go to the Victory Junction Gang, a camp for chronically ill children in North Carolina.

Blueridge Educational Resource Group describes itself as a non-profit corporation "whose purpose is to affect the issues that plague our society such as poverty, drug abuse, and teen pregnancy in a positive manner using every means possible."

Filed under: Laura Bush • Sarah Palin
  1. Jim

How funny is that "A Great Republican" – no such thing!!! Thanks for the laugh needed it

March 1, 2010 12:01 pm at 12:01 pm |
  2. I've read the Constitution

An article about Laura Bush and Sarah Palin... yet here comes the Obama hate. You hard core reactionaries are hilarious, almost... Comparing Condi Rice to excellence... it would be a joke if it wasn't so pathetic.

March 1, 2010 12:01 pm at 12:01 pm |
  3. Cynthia

If I was Laura Bush I would not want my name associated with the biggest idiot on the planet. palin is the that idiot.

March 1, 2010 12:01 pm at 12:01 pm |
  4. SY

I believe that Mrs. Bush is an intelligent, graceful, and truly compassionate person who will be an inspirational speaker for this group. While I did not agree with her husband's policies while he was president, I do not feel the same about her as I do him and Cheney.

Regarding Palin, I'm remembering my mother teaching me that if you cannot say anything good about someone, don't say anything at all. But just for this once, I'm setting aside what my mother said. Palin–what a loser.

March 1, 2010 12:02 pm at 12:02 pm |
  5. mike

It is funny that the people who have little education are going to be the
    speakers at the educational forum now I can understand why are
    educational system is in major trouble its not about what you know
    but who you know let me see it will be how we can just say no to drugs and sex didn't Nancy Reagen start that and I am still waiting for the results that will be a real positive for these kids

March 1, 2010 12:03 pm at 12:03 pm |
  6. Gonzo in Houston

What's a class act like Laura Bush doing mixed up with a crass rat like Palin? I actively opposed W but still liked and respected Laura.

One raises money for worthwhile causes and the other considers herself to be the only worthwhile cause. Go figure.

March 1, 2010 12:03 pm at 12:03 pm |
  7. Gary

I believe I would enjoy hearing Mrs. Bush speak but I wouldn't pay a dime to be in the same room with Palin. She's taking advantage of this charity program to make more money and push the book that was written by someone else.

March 1, 2010 12:03 pm at 12:03 pm |
  8. ANOTHER BLITHERING IDIOT REPUBLICAN

The idiots of the Republican Party are at it again. Get a life. Your party hates the American way of life and you glorify failure.

March 1, 2010 12:04 pm at 12:04 pm |
  9. Jilli

I could certainly think of better representatives for womens issues than palin and bush. Bush was an absentee flotus – where was she for 8 years?

Palin is a feminist, then she isn't. But she sure knows about teen pregancy. She represents women trying to get ahead with being cute and winking. Not exactly a picture of professionalism or intelligence.

Poor choices.

March 1, 2010 12:10 pm at 12:10 pm |
  10. Ken in NC

Laura Bush and Sarah Palin, the perfect pair. Ms. Bush reads books to the kids and Sarah palin is one of the kids. Ms. Bush is the light at the end of the tunnel while Sarah Palin is in the dark of the other end of the tunnel and going the wrong way. Yogi Bear used to talk to Boo Boo about being smarter than the average bear and yet Sarah Palin can't reach that level. She tries to lower the bar by shooting the bears. This woman has no business being even in the same city with Laura Bush.

March 1, 2010 12:10 pm at 12:10 pm |
  11. If I was crazy, I'd be a conservative too

Maybe they could address the Fox takeover of the republican party. It will be interesting to see if Laura, who could not tell a lie, can deal with Sarah, who never told the truth.

March 1, 2010 12:13 pm at 12:13 pm |
  12. Lillie

Mrs. Bush is a nice lady who's intelligent because she reads and comprehends the subject matter! Sarah Palin doesn't know how to read and she's a poor representation of forward-thinking and intelligent women!! Wish this quitter would just go AWAY!!

March 1, 2010 12:16 pm at 12:16 pm |
  13. Angie in PA

Laura Bush you are a nice lady as for your husband well thats another story you are Intelligent dont pal around with that hateful moron Palin!

March 1, 2010 12:18 pm at 12:18 pm |
  14. lilacluvr

Laura Bush is a class act. Sarah Palin is clown act. As for idiots in Democratic Party – yes, there are some. But don't look now but there are just as many idiots in the Republican Party.

March 1, 2010 12:22 pm at 12:22 pm |
  15. KLK

I pity the poor women who have to listen to these two speak.

March 1, 2010 12:23 pm at 12:23 pm |
  16. Dano

I'm sure Laura Bush is an intelligent woman with a lot to add, even though she stayed pretty quiet throughout the 8 years she was first lady, but why ANYONE other than SNL would pay Palin to speak is beyond me.

March 1, 2010 12:24 pm at 12:24 pm |
  17. KLK

One more thing. I just LOVE that lipstick color Palin is wearing in the pic. I plan to go look for a similar hue sometime really soon.

March 1, 2010 12:25 pm at 12:25 pm |
  18. Alvin and the chipmunks

A meeting of the stepford wives,each with a chip for a brain.

March 1, 2010 12:25 pm at 12:25 pm |
  19. Sgt. USMC

"And in related news, "credibility" goes out of the window."

March 1, 2010 12:26 pm at 12:26 pm |
  20. Mel

Wow, Laura Bush is to classy & smart to headline an event with Sarah Palin. She really needs to back out of this.

March 1, 2010 12:26 pm at 12:26 pm |
  21. david, CA

Maybe Mrs Bush will be gracious enough to offer Palin a lesson in class.

March 1, 2010 12:27 pm at 12:27 pm |
  22. Reggie from LA

Wonder where the remainder of the "some proceeds" will go.

Man do I wish I could make a HUGE LIVING on the "give'm-what-they-wanna-hear" tour. See this way, you don't have to provide real, articulable substance.

Is there somebody out there doing that? Who's not Mrs Bush? Hmm, I wonder.

March 1, 2010 12:29 pm at 12:29 pm |
  23. Al-NY,NY

Laura will tell all of them how to bake cookies, serve tea and do all those other things that republican wives do.. Palin...for the love of G#d...does she EVER shut her yap? Although I DO want her to run and win the nomination so she can quit mid-way

March 1, 2010 12:29 pm at 12:29 pm |
  24. If I was crazy, I'd be a conservative too

I read the constitution again, and am more convinced that the right wing whackos not only cannot read, but they cannot comprehend what is written. All they get is the anti government interpretation of Fox.

March 1, 2010 12:29 pm at 12:29 pm |
  25. Lee in TN

Laura Bush is a class act and should be a welcome change to the venom being spewed by Sarah "no-clue" Palin.

March 1, 2010 12:29 pm at 12:29 pm |