March 3rd, 2010

Palin takes turn as late-night comic

Palin tried her hand as a comedian Tuesday.
Palin tried her hand as a comedian Tuesday.

(CNN) - Forget about her possible White House ambitions. Is Sarah Palin angling for a career slinging jokes on late-night TV?

Appearing on the Tonight Show with Jay Leno on Tuesday, Palin, whom Leno called a "new comedienne from Wasilla, Alaska," tried her hand at delivering a monologue.

You can decide for yourself if Palin should stick to punditry and politics.

Her quips after the jump:

"Alaska is so different from Los Angeles. Here, when people have a frozen look on their face, I find out it's botox."

"It is so warm and beautiful. Back home it was freezing - it was five degrees below Congress' approval rating."

"Shaun White on the show. What an amazing athlete. I watched him do a double McTwist 1260. The only other people to do a double McTwist 1260 was last week, the White House, on health care."

"How about that amazing, closing ceremony. It was beautiful. The minute I saw that giant moose, I remembered I hadn't cooked anything for the kids' dinner."

"I've been really busy. I picked a gig in Las Vegas at the Legends Show, playing Tina Fey."

"The truth is I am glad I am not vice president. I would not know what to do with all that free time."

Palin then sat down for an interview. She talked to Leno about having been caught with notes on the palm of her hand during a recent speech. Dubbing the move a "poor boy's version of the teleprompter," the former Alaska governor said it was a tactic her father had taught her.

The onetime vice presidential nominee also reiterated her belief that the media has unfairly targeted members of her family.

"Yes, a line was crossed," she said. "I'm still waiting for that line to be uncrossed: Just some common decency, allowing the kids to not be, I guess, the victim in all this because they certainly don't deserve it."

Filed under: Jay Leno • Popular Posts • Sarah Palin
  1. Reny

Just another reason not to watch Jay LIEno. Palin is a joke and as lame as her humor.

March 3, 2010 09:47 am at 9:47 am |
  2. Tom

The great thing about Palin is she doesn't need anyone writing her material for her. Her humor comes naturally from her stupidty. Jeff Foxworthy should be jealous.

March 3, 2010 09:48 am at 9:48 am |
  3. Miss Independence

Sarah...I don't care for you, but I do agree everyone should lay off your kids...do us a favor...do NOT run for president.

March 3, 2010 09:48 am at 9:48 am |
  4. Ed

I’ve never watched Leno but I'd bet her jokes were as unfunny as his.
    Of course his writers wrote her monologue.

March 3, 2010 09:48 am at 9:48 am |
  5. Eric

Come on all you hateful liberals...get you run down Palin comments on here.

CNN loves to post Palin story's so their faithful reader's will get out the hate.

March 3, 2010 09:49 am at 9:49 am |
  6. Lorna Ferguson

Oh my she is a hoot! Very funny indeed....but then again no surprise... we were already aware of the fact she is a joke........

March 3, 2010 09:50 am at 9:50 am |
  7. Bev

Yes, she is a joke.

March 3, 2010 09:50 am at 9:50 am |
  8. jerseylou

I don't care if you give this person the most advance technology for a brain transplant it will not work. The computers would probably explode due to an over load.It does kind of make me smile when she farts her followers thinks it's fresh air however.

March 3, 2010 09:51 am at 9:51 am |
  9. I voted for Obama and proud of it in Oregon

she should go to work as a carny and grow a face hair

March 3, 2010 09:51 am at 9:51 am |
  10. LividEmerald

Who wrote those jokes? They are actually quite good! Of course, a lot depends on the delivery. I would have liked to watch her monologue to rate her on that aspect of stand up comedy.

March 3, 2010 09:52 am at 9:52 am |
  11. woody

I had promised myself I would give her the benfit of the doubt and sit through it. But it was SO BAD that I had to switch channels. Only to find myself staring at Mitt Romney's smug face at Letterman's show. Then I turned off the TV.

March 3, 2010 09:53 am at 9:53 am |
  12. Kudzu Palin, LA

For someone who hates the 'lamestream' media, she sure seeks it out a lot, doesn't she?

I'm glad she's doing stand up comedy, and not a heartbeat away from the presidency.

March 3, 2010 09:53 am at 9:53 am |
  13. PEC

Please watch something before you cover it. She sat down with Jay Leno and then did her monologue. Now we know why CNN is in last place. They have people write stories that they actually do not cover.

March 3, 2010 09:53 am at 9:53 am |
  14. Norm

One can only tell a joke or be a joke, and Sarah sure can't tell a joke

March 3, 2010 09:53 am at 9:53 am |
  15. Big John

One thing for sure, America is happy she's not VP too, she finally admitted it. She should go back to cleaning outhouses or picking dead fish from her nets, something she's qualified at.

March 3, 2010 09:54 am at 9:54 am |
  16. PJ Hicks

Do you really think she was rattling off those jokes without a cue card or teleprompter? come on!

March 3, 2010 09:54 am at 9:54 am |
  17. Benn

Kind of funny, really......who would have thought it?

March 3, 2010 09:55 am at 9:55 am |
  18. New Age Independent

It doesn't matter what she does or says to liberals, they will hate her regardless. This article on Ticker only serves as a vehicle for hatred, however it does show what is in the hearts of most liberals these days. The post that make fun of her family are a prime example of the depths of their nature.

People need to move past their own bias and intolerance towards those they disagree with politically.

March 3, 2010 09:56 am at 9:56 am |
  19. Carol

Palin, the empty vessel, taking cheap shots.

March 3, 2010 09:56 am at 9:56 am |
  20. Richard L

Palin constantly looked below the camera level at cue cards. Good thing it was cue cards and not a teleprompter or else she might look like a hypocrite.

March 3, 2010 09:56 am at 9:56 am |
  21. Michael

palin is what she always was and always will be : a dirty joke!

March 3, 2010 09:57 am at 9:57 am |
  22. Jeannie

Good for you, Sarah. Your jokes were funny and apt. I wish you the best. I, for one, am sick and tired of the "Sarah Palin" bashing that goes on in the media and else where in this country. You don't deserve it. Best regards.

March 3, 2010 09:57 am at 9:57 am |
  23. Chipster

Despite the fact the I disagree with Palin on practically every issue, even what to cook for dinner, we both agree that it's shameful for anyone to target the children.

Even though Palin's children support her, went to rallies on her behalf, and shared their own troubles at times, that's OK. They are still not the candidate and their personal lives are just that – personal.

Leave 'em alone!

Loved the Tina Fey comment :)

March 3, 2010 09:57 am at 9:57 am |
  24. Kerri

I want to know what is must of been like when Sarah Palin met Adam Lambert backstage!!! LOL!! Something tells me her reaction was probably quite amusing!

March 3, 2010 09:58 am at 9:58 am |
  25. Texan

Way to go Palin! I never voted for you as VP but I would vote for you as comedian! in fact the best on earth!

Keep it up! You finally found your talent

March 3, 2010 09:58 am at 9:58 am |