March 3rd, 2010

Palin takes turn as late-night comic

Palin tried her hand as a comedian Tuesday.
Palin tried her hand as a comedian Tuesday.

(CNN) - Forget about her possible White House ambitions. Is Sarah Palin angling for a career slinging jokes on late-night TV?

Appearing on the Tonight Show with Jay Leno on Tuesday, Palin, whom Leno called a "new comedienne from Wasilla, Alaska," tried her hand at delivering a monologue.

You can decide for yourself if Palin should stick to punditry and politics.

Her quips after the jump:

"Alaska is so different from Los Angeles. Here, when people have a frozen look on their face, I find out it's botox."

"It is so warm and beautiful. Back home it was freezing - it was five degrees below Congress' approval rating."

"Shaun White on the show. What an amazing athlete. I watched him do a double McTwist 1260. The only other people to do a double McTwist 1260 was last week, the White House, on health care."

"How about that amazing, closing ceremony. It was beautiful. The minute I saw that giant moose, I remembered I hadn't cooked anything for the kids' dinner."

"I've been really busy. I picked a gig in Las Vegas at the Legends Show, playing Tina Fey."

"The truth is I am glad I am not vice president. I would not know what to do with all that free time."

Palin then sat down for an interview. She talked to Leno about having been caught with notes on the palm of her hand during a recent speech. Dubbing the move a "poor boy's version of the teleprompter," the former Alaska governor said it was a tactic her father had taught her.

The onetime vice presidential nominee also reiterated her belief that the media has unfairly targeted members of her family.

"Yes, a line was crossed," she said. "I'm still waiting for that line to be uncrossed: Just some common decency, allowing the kids to not be, I guess, the victim in all this because they certainly don't deserve it."

Filed under: Jay Leno • Popular Posts • Sarah Palin
  1. jane

In the end, Sarah is, after all, mere entertainment.

March 3, 2010 09:58 am at 9:58 am |
  2. SCOTO

I guess after 2 "Palin Free" days in a row I was starting to think that CNN was actually listening to us who really want this annoying woman to go away. But Noooooooo you just had to find SOMETHING
    to annoy us with again

March 3, 2010 09:58 am at 9:58 am |
  3. Scott, Tucson

At least she's funnier than the joke that is sitting in the White House right now.

March 3, 2010 09:58 am at 9:58 am |
  4. Fred

CNN loves to post story's on Palin...it brings out the hateful comments from all you liberals. You are a pathetic bunch.

March 3, 2010 09:58 am at 9:58 am |
  5. chefdugan

She's finally found her niche. Maybe this new career will save the rest of us from having to put up with her. Incidentally, her jokes were lousy.

March 3, 2010 09:58 am at 9:58 am |
  6. Anne of Medford, NJ

Just please stop giving her air time and the world would be a safer place.

March 3, 2010 09:59 am at 9:59 am |
  7. Jeremy

Lets here how much all of you LOOOOOOOATHE this woman. And three... two... one...

March 3, 2010 09:59 am at 9:59 am |
  8. cbaker501

gawd . . . it was painful to watch . . . I was so embarrassed for her.

March 3, 2010 09:59 am at 9:59 am |
  9. once upon a horse

is there anything this woman will do that CNN will NOT cover? This Palin obsession is getting beyond annoying.

March 3, 2010 09:59 am at 9:59 am |
  10. Alex

The more career options OTHER than presidential candidate that Palin explores, the better. Some of those jokes sound like they were written by Bob Hope's writers, but then again the same goes for Leno. And remember, despite what Leno said, this is Palin's second Tonight appearance in 4 months. Maybe she should audition to be the new Ed McMahon?

March 3, 2010 10:00 am at 10:00 am |
  11. Arthur

She's a late-night, early morning and afternoon comic.

March 3, 2010 10:00 am at 10:00 am |
  12. kd

Boo.

Leno goes back to his bread and butter – the lowest common denominator audience. stupid is as stupid does.

March 3, 2010 10:00 am at 10:00 am |
  13. Abe

Seems her and Leno have the same writers....I wonder why one of these losers will last longer?

March 3, 2010 10:01 am at 10:01 am |
  14. New Yorker

Sarah Palin doesn't have to tell jokes... SHE IS A JOKE!

March 3, 2010 10:02 am at 10:02 am |
  15. Kevin

Dear Sarah,

please go away forever....

Thanks,

Intelligent people

March 3, 2010 10:03 am at 10:03 am |
  16. Big John

By the way, the media isn't the one who brought her kids into the action, it was her and she tries to blame the media but what else would anyone expect from Sarah the quitter

March 3, 2010 10:03 am at 10:03 am |
  17. Maxie

Very appropriate. That's about all she's good for-making people laugh at her backwoods, uncivilized approach to life.

March 3, 2010 10:03 am at 10:03 am |
  18. Yahbut

I think that Sarah Palin did a very good job.
    She is a lot funnier than a lot of "top-line" comedians.
    I truly hope that she continues to give her views to people in this country. There are many things on which I'd never agree with her, but I have never agreed with anyone else completely anyway. She is a breath of fresh air compared to so many of our "fake" sophisticates in this country.

March 3, 2010 10:03 am at 10:03 am |
  19. idesign

She was funny, light-hearted, and came across as an amazingly good sport.

She’s so refreshing after Obama, people see that and just enjoyed! Obama is such a downer.

March 3, 2010 10:03 am at 10:03 am |
  20. Keith in Austin

Sarah is the woman liberals love to hate! Meanwhile, she is raking in millions while Progressives are dining on their free government cheese! Who is the stupid one???

March 3, 2010 10:04 am at 10:04 am |
  21. Mike

She's a great lady, good luck with anything you choose to do Sarah, I love how she drives the loser libs crazy!

March 3, 2010 10:04 am at 10:04 am |
  22. Susan In SC

This is fitting. I have never been able to take Sarah Palin serious. She is far too full of herself and generally does not have a clue about how the Federal Government operates. Ah Sarah... when will your 15 minutes of fame end????

March 3, 2010 10:05 am at 10:05 am |
  23. dc but not from DC

...thankful no cold statement about ficticious "death panels"...

March 3, 2010 10:05 am at 10:05 am |
  24. jm for sc

This is more on her level. She might get to laugh along with people who are laughing at her now.

March 3, 2010 10:05 am at 10:05 am |
  25. Anne P

"Becomes" a comic? She's been a joke since she hit the scene, are you kidding? Actually this is where she belongs....where people can legitimately laugh at her and she can make an honest living. Win-win!

March 3, 2010 10:05 am at 10:05 am |