March 3rd, 2010

Palin takes turn as late-night comic

Palin tried her hand as a comedian Tuesday.
Palin tried her hand as a comedian Tuesday.

(CNN) - Forget about her possible White House ambitions. Is Sarah Palin angling for a career slinging jokes on late-night TV?

Appearing on the Tonight Show with Jay Leno on Tuesday, Palin, whom Leno called a "new comedienne from Wasilla, Alaska," tried her hand at delivering a monologue.

You can decide for yourself if Palin should stick to punditry and politics.

Her quips after the jump:

"Alaska is so different from Los Angeles. Here, when people have a frozen look on their face, I find out it's botox."

"It is so warm and beautiful. Back home it was freezing - it was five degrees below Congress' approval rating."

"Shaun White on the show. What an amazing athlete. I watched him do a double McTwist 1260. The only other people to do a double McTwist 1260 was last week, the White House, on health care."

"How about that amazing, closing ceremony. It was beautiful. The minute I saw that giant moose, I remembered I hadn't cooked anything for the kids' dinner."

"I've been really busy. I picked a gig in Las Vegas at the Legends Show, playing Tina Fey."

"The truth is I am glad I am not vice president. I would not know what to do with all that free time."

Palin then sat down for an interview. She talked to Leno about having been caught with notes on the palm of her hand during a recent speech. Dubbing the move a "poor boy's version of the teleprompter," the former Alaska governor said it was a tactic her father had taught her.

The onetime vice presidential nominee also reiterated her belief that the media has unfairly targeted members of her family.

"Yes, a line was crossed," she said. "I'm still waiting for that line to be uncrossed: Just some common decency, allowing the kids to not be, I guess, the victim in all this because they certainly don't deserve it."

Filed under: Jay Leno • Popular Posts • Sarah Palin
  1. frank anderson

This is an unethical woman.soon her true colors will be flown

March 3, 2010 10:43 am at 10:43 am |
  2. carlos

this person should stick to being a mother in alaska, who is caring for the kids?......

March 3, 2010 10:43 am at 10:43 am |
  3. CF

Of course, she didn't write these jokes herself... and she read them off a teleprompter...

March 3, 2010 10:43 am at 10:43 am |
  4. Nobodys Perfecft

"Palin takes turn as late-night comic" reads the headline. However, she's been nothing but a comedian from the day McFailin introduced her to the general populous. And when is she going to stop blaming the media for all her faults and downfalls? I think it's ironic that she's a paid comentator for FOX, but FOX's Family Guy is her latest media blasting point. Hey Sarah, wake up: when you put yourself in the public eye (politics, book tour, public speaking, tv appearances), you've opened up your entire family to the public. Get over it ... get a life ... and get a real job.

March 3, 2010 10:43 am at 10:43 am |
  5. Shawn

Gos she's dumb. What an embarrassment to our country that this loser gets so much attention.

March 3, 2010 10:44 am at 10:44 am |
  6. SM

"You can decide for yourself if Palin should stick to punditry and politics."

uhmmmm,....NO!

March 3, 2010 10:44 am at 10:44 am |
  7. Brad

Well....she IS a joke.

March 3, 2010 10:44 am at 10:44 am |
  8. HJ

Very disappointed that Jay Leno had her on. She would probably sell her own mother for another 15-minutes of fame. She is untalented,unintelligent, and completely without morals. She'd wear a red shirt and tell you it is blue right to your face. She has failed to serve the citizens of Alaska dutifully, and should be ignored so that she goes away:(

March 3, 2010 10:44 am at 10:44 am |
  9. David from Wisconsin

She'll do less harm as a comedian. I won't watch.

March 3, 2010 10:44 am at 10:44 am |
  10. Jeremy

She did her monolouge after she did the sit down interview, not that it matters but for the love CNN how do you expect people to believe the serious articles if you cant get the facts right on something like this. While I am not a Palin support I thought she did very well. I sure Jay's writers helped with the jokes but she looked and delivered well.

March 3, 2010 10:45 am at 10:45 am |
  11. Willow

VP Free Time...resulting from her stupidity in not knowing "what" the VP really does, and how to do it....

Palin cannot be a comedian.... when she is the joke!

March 3, 2010 10:45 am at 10:45 am |
  12. get real

Her father taught her to cheat by writing on her hand? Nice role model. Oh, and the jokes aren't funny.

March 3, 2010 10:45 am at 10:45 am |
  13. john in binghamton NY

Here father taught her to write on her hand? What a moron.

March 3, 2010 10:46 am at 10:46 am |
  14. you're all buttmonkeys

pretty good material! but don't quit your day job. ooops! too late!
    ba-dum-bump!!

March 3, 2010 10:46 am at 10:46 am |
  15. u2canfail

I almost watched, but she wasn't a feature on the JayWalking segment.

March 3, 2010 10:46 am at 10:46 am |
  16. Jeremy

I would be glad to see her as a comedian, or any other career that keeps her out of politics.

March 3, 2010 10:46 am at 10:46 am |
  17. kmp

I watched it wasn't that funny but I chuckeled a couple times. I tell you what though Palin needs to stop playing the victim, it is all the mainstream medias fault they were out to get me, Blah Blah Blah. I am sorry but once you put yourself out there you become fair game.

March 3, 2010 10:46 am at 10:46 am |
  18. unsympathetic

she is such a hypocrite! she was criticizing Obama for using a teleprompter in that same speech that she had her "poor boy's version" on her hand. we live in 1984, where you can say one thing while doing another too easily...

March 3, 2010 10:46 am at 10:46 am |
  19. Brian

Did we move to some sort of metric clock? Because, by my watch, Palin's 15 minutes of fame were over long ago.

The real problem is that the 30% of the country that inexplicably still thinks she is qualified to be President, will see this performance as proof that she is fit to run the country.

March 3, 2010 10:46 am at 10:46 am |
  20. brad

Sarah Palin is wonderful and definitely should run for president. Go Sarah Go.

March 3, 2010 10:46 am at 10:46 am |
  21. Trisha Kirsch

If Sarah Palin weren't pretty, she would not even be a dot on the radar of politics or celebrity.

March 3, 2010 10:47 am at 10:47 am |
  22. jj

Like Jay, she needs better writers. But this poor lady is desperately trying everything, to find something that works. Remind us of anyone? Like Bush – who failed at everything that was given to him???
    Maybe she is presidential material...

March 3, 2010 10:47 am at 10:47 am |
  23. Jim

2 quitters and cheats, 1 dumb the other a liar – you figure it out.

March 3, 2010 10:47 am at 10:47 am |
  24. yen

I have stopped taking Sara Palin seriously.She wants to do everything.If she could only do one thing and do it real well.

March 3, 2010 10:47 am at 10:47 am |
  25. Ceibena

I really wish Palin would just GO Away!!!

March 3, 2010 10:47 am at 10:47 am |