March 3rd, 2010

Rush Limbaugh wants $14 million for his NYC penthouse

Rush Limbaugh has placed his posh NYC penthouse up for sale
Rush Limbaugh has placed his posh NYC penthouse up for sale

New York (CNNMoney.com) - Conservative radio host Rush Limbaugh is saying adios to the Big Apple and selling his Fifth Avenue penthouse for almost $14 million.

Limbaugh bought the 10-room condo at 1049 Fifth Ave. in 1994 under the name of R H Trust, according to city property documents. The pad sprawls across nearly 5,000 square feet and two of its terraces overlook Central Park and its famous reservoir.

The pre-war property features a double living room; a wood-paneled library; four terraces; enormous baths; and a maid's room. But it's not for the faint of heart - or those afraid of a big renovation. The general appearance can be described as, well, ornate, with trompe l'oeil ceilings and mural-covered walls.

Full story

Filed under: Rush Limbaugh
  1. Fitz in Texas

Growing up I never knew who Rush Limbaugh was and I came to know him because of articles such as this one. I would read all the hateful comments from folks and wanted to find out who this Rush Limbaugh was so I started listening to him. Well all I can say is a big THANK YOU for many of you folks with your nasty hateful commentS. Now I listen to Rush Limbaugh all the time and really do enjoy his program.

March 3, 2010 05:11 pm at 5:11 pm |
  2. Dave

This is the guy who is every blue collar guys friend. No wonder he doesnt want the Govt to tax the wealthy any more. Just think hes made all that money telling hard working families who have supported him " I can feel your pain" . Ya Right. More of a wind bag than I thought and of course a True Consevative

March 3, 2010 05:12 pm at 5:12 pm |
  3. MARKO

It amazes me that Rush actually lasted in NYC as long as he did. But then again, the tax man is chasing away everyone with money.

March 3, 2010 05:20 pm at 5:20 pm |
  4. maripil

I will not live or buy a place where the devil resides even for free!!! This man is evil as evil can get, his hands has blood all over........!!!!!

March 3, 2010 05:23 pm at 5:23 pm |
  5. nick

Hi Ditto heads...Ok so my jokes about Boss hog are as follows....
    1)I didn't know a pig sty cost so much
    2)His neighbors complained about him yelling the "safe word" too loud
    3)Fat floats
    Enjoy

March 3, 2010 05:33 pm at 5:33 pm |
  6. An 8 year old ELEPHANT dung heap, does not transform into compost in just 1 year!

That room looks both tacky and "girly".

Looks like Lush hasn't forgotten those ALL good ol' days in Sacramento!

Guess his Oxycon shows up better on that shade of blue in case he drops them.

March 3, 2010 05:36 pm at 5:36 pm |
  7. Innameonly

Maybe Rangel can cook the books and get it under rent control, so he can have it for a couple hundred a month.

March 3, 2010 05:39 pm at 5:39 pm |
  8. KJ

So who is the real elitist?

March 3, 2010 05:47 pm at 5:47 pm |
  9. tmart

Maybe the RNC should buy it and turn it into a shrine where all the stupid people who listen to him can go and worship his fat face on a Buddha statue.

March 3, 2010 05:47 pm at 5:47 pm |