March 4th, 2010

'Most Wanted' locks up Obama exclusive

America's Most Wanted host John Walsh taped a 15 minute interview with President Obama.

(CNN) – President Obama will appear on "America's Most Wanted" with the show's host John Walsh this Saturday to commemorate its 1000th episode.

According to Deputy White House Spokesman Bill Burton, the president taped a 15 minute interview in the White House's Map Room with Walsh on Wednesday morning before delivering remarks in the East Room.

The president used the interview to congratulate Walsh on his show's success, but also to tout his administration's own anti-crime initiatives.
In clips released by "America's Most Wanted," Mr. Obama tells Walsh that last year's "huge economic crisis" raised great concern about the possibility for lawlessness to follow.

"One of the things we were most worried about was how this would this affect law enforcement. Because you started seeing state and local budgets hemorrhaging and there were the prospects of tens of thousands of cops on the streets being laid off." Mr. Obama said, crediting the White House for preventing that from happening.

"What we did was working with state and local governments, got four billion dollars in additional funding so that we kept those law enforcement officials doing the great work that they do each and every day," Mr. Obama said.

For John Walsh, "America's Most Wanted" is a personal crusade. He began hosting the show 22 years ago after his 6 year-old son Adam was abducted and killed in 1981.

Mr. Obama told Walsh, "I know Adam is looking down on us, and saying you know, my Dad has really done something incredible."

President Obama tried to personalize his own commitment to fighting crime by pledging "to do everything in our power as long as I'm in the White House, and as long as I'm the father of two girls, to make sure that we are providing the states the support that they need to make this happen."

"America's Most Wanted" claims responsibility for capturing more than 1,100 fugitives and reuniting 43 missing children with their families.

Filed under: Extra • Popular Posts • President Obama
  1. Michele Bachman is Evil

I'll be on AMW once I'm done with Palin and Bachman.

March 4, 2010 12:19 pm at 12:19 pm |
  2. Sue

Seriously............Is anyone else sick to the stomach of seeing Obama's face and hearing his voice every day.

I refuse to watch any show--Letterman, Leno, Most Wanted, Cartoon Channel--if Obama is going to be on.

I have never seen anything like this in my life.

March 4, 2010 12:20 pm at 12:20 pm |
  3. tpbco

Ah yes, it is much better to LOOK good, than be good. This administration excels at it.

March 4, 2010 12:27 pm at 12:27 pm |
  4. Cindy

John Walsh does what he does for his son, as does Cindy Sheehan.

Kudos to John Walsh and others who soldier on in memory of their children. Kudos to President Obama for recognizing this.

March 4, 2010 12:28 pm at 12:28 pm |
  5. Read The Constitution

HYPOCRITE. It is LIBERAL, weak judges that keep letting out this scum on easy prison sentences that perpetuate these crimes against children. You liberals are ruining america!! Obama is just a fraud and liar. We see through your lies, Mr. President.

March 4, 2010 12:30 pm at 12:30 pm |
  6. Gary

I will not watch the show, because Obama will be on it. When will he learn to be President?

March 4, 2010 12:32 pm at 12:32 pm |
  7. Wanda

He doesn't miss a chance at being seen. Very vain!!!!!!!!!!

March 4, 2010 12:33 pm at 12:33 pm |
  8. The Republican Dictionary

I simply can not respect partisan Republicans.

You know, through the stimulus bill, the President has kept cops on the streets.

The Republicans historically have tried to paint Democrats as "LIBERALS" ... translation ... people that favor the rights of criminals over the rights of law-abiding citizens. The truth is that the Democrats are as tough, if not tougher, than the blustering GOP'ers.

Too bad all those "so-called law & order republicans have not praised the President for keeping police on the streets. Instead, they want to portray the tax cut and spending $787B stimulus bill incorrectly.

March 4, 2010 12:35 pm at 12:35 pm |
  9. John

great program.... no question.... it's not about politics... it's about right and wrong....

that being said....

does the President of the United States really need to be on TV again...

talk about over exposure..... sheeesh...

March 4, 2010 12:35 pm at 12:35 pm |
  10. Maggie in Canada

What's with all the MR. Obama, Suzanne? He has earned his title of President.

March 4, 2010 12:36 pm at 12:36 pm |
  11. Reny

This is one reason I like Obama, he feels like one of us. He is not standoffish like past republican presidents are.

March 4, 2010 12:38 pm at 12:38 pm |
  12. Good Lord

Good thing Obama is doing something productive with his time! I sure wouldn't want him wasting his precious time with trivial matters like the economy and healthcare! Honoring TV shows is way more vital to the success of this nation! Hmmm...I wonder if I can use his same logic and validate my playing video games all day at my job...

March 4, 2010 12:38 pm at 12:38 pm |
  13. Robert

Mr. President...Not Mr. Obama.

March 4, 2010 12:41 pm at 12:41 pm |
  14. bobby

is it true they are going to put the GOP and Bush at the top of the list?

March 4, 2010 12:42 pm at 12:42 pm |
  15. Travis In Colorado

So Obama's going to be on America's Most Wanted. Well we all know that when Obama comes out in support of someone or something, it loses or gets canceled. Goodbye America's Most Wanted, you were a great show. Too bad Obama's giant ego has to ruin everything.

March 4, 2010 12:43 pm at 12:43 pm |
  16. BURNS IN NH

Our hearts go out to the walsh family even after such a long time, All of us who greave for ever understand. I don't understand why John
    would even contemplate having this president be on this show that
    has been so instrumental in the fight for right. Mr. obama is not a real
    example for your efforts nor for our country.

March 4, 2010 12:43 pm at 12:43 pm |
  17. Daniel

Obama should be on there for the Most Wanted Criminal for stealing all our money and giving it to his friends. He is a thief hiding behind the POTUS label.

Having said that, Michele Bachman is Evil, does threatening someone with violence really help your effort. You show your mental standing when you do that. I bet your mother is proud.

March 4, 2010 12:46 pm at 12:46 pm |
  18. SocialismBad

Is this ANYTHING Obozo will not try to claim credit for??!!

Just like Crazy Joe Biden claiming Iraq as a big victory for Obama's administration. Hell, if these two fools had their way, we would have cut and run years ago and Iraq would be a terrorist mecca.

Biden and Obama are truly pathetic. They must think the American people are complete fools and will believe anything that they spew.

March 4, 2010 12:46 pm at 12:46 pm |
  19. BURNS IN NH

President Obama is the biggest con man of the century! He will use
    anything and anybody to feed his ego and agenda. That is just the way it is.

March 4, 2010 12:47 pm at 12:47 pm |
  20. American Airman

Didn't Odumbo just remark to a Senator last week that the campaigning is over? When is he going to listen to his own words and quit campaigning and ACTUALLY do something?

My the way Michele Bachman is Evil, I think you just made a threat against an elected official. It is good to see that is the only way you can justify your party's vile policies. Instead of arguing with facts, you make threats and personal attacks. That is very mature of you. I am sure that you will go far in life.

March 4, 2010 12:49 pm at 12:49 pm |
  21. mark

What's with the "Mr." Obama? He's the President! I do not recall reading articles referring to Bush, as "Mr. Bush". It was always "President Bush". The man was elected, give him his due.

March 4, 2010 12:51 pm at 12:51 pm |
  22. Hi I'm TriG, and my mommy scares me :-(

@Read The Constitution

Right, Libs ruined this country. I trust Republicans with National Security. Here's the facts:

-9/11
    -invaded Iraq
    -found NO WMD's
    -NO bin Laden
    -NO dismantling/disrupting of al qaida
    -NO weakining of terrorism

And we paid for all that progress by borrowing it from a COMMUNIST COUNTRY.

Yup, those Republicans sure know how to protect us.

March 4, 2010 12:51 pm at 12:51 pm |
  23. Sue

Obama will be on the Cartoon Network next---he uses every opportunity to get his face seen AGAIN, and AGAIN and AGAIN.......

And, it is sickening that he is going to use a show like this---to push his agendas/politics AGAIN--and use it as a means to toot his own horn.

I like/admire John Walsh and everything that he does. I feel very sorry for him and his family because of their loss.

However, I will NOT watch this show if Obama is going to be on it. For one thing-–it is due to Obama, Pelosi, Reid and other loony left, liberal politicians-–including the liberal judges that they put in place-–that the majority of these society misfits are walking our streets--including those who rape, beat, murder children.

Obama is a weak, clueless JOKE-–and anyone who still supports him--are blind, clueless, and gullible.

March 4, 2010 12:52 pm at 12:52 pm |
  24. File under "Sarcasm"

Now how is the Campaigner in Chief going to work passing his health care bill into this? He obliquely managed to bring up his saving America after GWB wrecked it with his remark about the stimulus funds preventing a crime wave so let's see how he tries to twist it into health care.

By the way, there's nothing wrong with providing funds to aid local governments with basic services like fire and police departments, just don't call it a "job stimulus" bill and claim them as jobs created like the Administration initially tried to do.

March 4, 2010 12:53 pm at 12:53 pm |
  25. Charge it to my Tab Rubio

@ Daniel

Since you right wing lunatics are some 2nd Amendment "Don't Tread On Me" advocates, you shouldn't have a problem with it. And yes, my momma is very proud of her veteran son.

March 4, 2010 12:54 pm at 12:54 pm |