March 5th, 2010

Music power couple Beyonce & Jay-Z got inside White House tour

Photos posted online appear to show Jay-Z and Beyonce in the White House.
Photos posted online appear to show Jay-Z and Beyonce in the White House.

Washington (CNN) - Megastars Beyonce and Jay-Z, accompanied by a small group of friends, visited the White House on Wednesday for a special tour that included the White House Situation Room, White House aides confirmed.

A photo, apparently taken of the group in the Situation Room, was released on the Web site Rap Radar. The photo shows Jay-Z sitting at the head of the table, the seat normally occupied by the president. He is surrounded by his wife, Beyonce, and others in his entourage.

White House tours for the public normally do not include a stop inside the Situation Room. When occupied by the president and his national security team, the room is typically used to mobilize the administration during a crisis situation and communicate to officials around the world. But one White House aide said special visitors occasionally get access to the Situation Room.

"It's not like there's classified information laying around," the aide said. "It's really just a conference room."

Last December, the White House posted a virtual tour of the Situation Room, touting it as "an exclusive look inside one of the most secure spaces in the country."

White House aides confirmed that Jay-Z and Beyonce stopped by before Jay-Z's concert Wednesday night at Washington's Verizon Center.

Filed under: Extra • Popular Posts • White House
  1. LacrosseMom

Unlike other presidents the Obama White House Guest list is ..... public. So why is this a story? Anything to enflame the hate of the far-right...eh?

March 5, 2010 04:04 pm at 4:04 pm |
  2. Stacie

After the beautiful song she sang for them, this seems like an appropriate thank you. It's a meeting room for goodness sakes. It's not like they got to push the red button or anything. Shesh!

March 5, 2010 04:08 pm at 4:08 pm |
  3. Kevin B.

How dare the white house allow these folks into the "situation room" !

Lets all stand by by for the faked over the top GOP feigned outrage from the thinnly vieled bigots in the GOP in 3...............2............1............

March 5, 2010 04:16 pm at 4:16 pm |
  4. Illuminati

Now Jay-Z is going ot write a song about it. He may be my brother from Brooklyn, but pay close attention to the symbolism in his videos. 3rd degree mason.

March 5, 2010 04:19 pm at 4:19 pm |
  5. meg

Good for them!

March 5, 2010 04:20 pm at 4:20 pm |
  6. aproudmemberoftheunpatrioticmob

I have to work every day and pay taxes, I guess I would not be eligible for the "special tour." Kinda disgusting isn't it. But then that is what it is like when you are friends with the most corrupt and unethical administration in history.

March 5, 2010 04:23 pm at 4:23 pm |
  7. Victim of GOP Taliban

Who cares...as long as the visitor logs don't include the same lobbyist goons and cartels that visited Bush/Cheney we are fine. I wish she would visit my house too.

March 5, 2010 04:28 pm at 4:28 pm |
  8. Bev

I can't believe this is a headline topic on CNN. If this was Pink and her husband and entourage would you have printed it ? I may not be a fan of either of these celeberities but last time I checked they were American citizens going to visit a house to which they pay taxes to. Or is there more to this story that you are not saying......

March 5, 2010 04:34 pm at 4:34 pm |
  9. RCasson

Too Ghetto. They don't belong in the White House. Obama, be careful honey. The tea partiers will call you a "welfare thug" again. Don't give them ammunition.

And don't call me racist. I'm black. Rappers need to stay out of Obama's office.

March 5, 2010 04:35 pm at 4:35 pm |
  10. max

I love how all of you liberal loons try and stereotype us republicans by calling us racists. I have family members who are african-americans and they know my stance politically, and they respect it. They know I do not approve of Obama based on his politics, not his skin color.

It seems that you are all just as bad as the 'racist' republicans or any racists for that matter. You just categorized a person by their political belief instead of skin color.

Shame on you all.

March 5, 2010 04:37 pm at 4:37 pm |
  11. Sniffit

"It's wonderful to see a culturally adept President."

Really Fake Sniffit? What does that even mean? Idiot.

March 5, 2010 04:38 pm at 4:38 pm |
  12. Kevin in Ohio

The new privileged elite......

March 5, 2010 04:42 pm at 4:42 pm |
  13. Richie in Mass

Hope they didn't interupt any backroom deals.

March 5, 2010 04:43 pm at 4:43 pm |
  14. geecee

Yeah, make a big deal out of this just to try to make Obama look bad. You critics of this administration make me sick. And to you "aproudmemberoftheunpatrioticmob" – be glad you have a job to go to every day instead of complaining about Obama. Most corrupt administration in history? Are you serious? Ever hear of Richard Nixon, Spiro Agnew, John Mitchell, Ehrlichman, Haldemann, Colson, etc. etc.?? All ended up impeached or in jail. Read some history before you post stupid comments.

March 5, 2010 04:44 pm at 4:44 pm |
  15. Kevin

The people own the White House right? I'm an American citizen and I pay taxes too.....therefore I authorized the President to let them in. The good thing about it, even if the majority of americans disagree. This doesnt call for a majority vote..LOL Idiots..get a life.....

March 5, 2010 04:44 pm at 4:44 pm |
  16. Chris D.

Dynasty baby!!!!! Obama the Blueprint, Holla!!!!!! I show you how to get health care reform passed, son!!!!!!

The king of Hip Hop, meets the Prez..... best Politician in years!!!!

March 5, 2010 04:46 pm at 4:46 pm |
  17. seebofubar

Why would a President of the United Stated associate with these scum bags. Rap music has done more to fuel the racist fires than Lester Maddox.

March 5, 2010 04:55 pm at 4:55 pm |
  18. 3rd Degree Mason

"Meanwhile I had Oprah chillin in the projects/had her out in Bed Stuy sittin on the steps/sippin quarter waters I gotta be the best, MJ of Summerjam, Obama on the text/Ya'll shold be afraid of what I'm gonna do next." – On to the next one

March 5, 2010 04:59 pm at 4:59 pm |
  19. aproudmemberoftheunpatrioticmob

geecee@just tired of be called names by dope smoking non workers that sit around in their underwear watching Oprah and praising the idiot that George Soros and SEIU/ACORN are so proud to call their own.

March 5, 2010 05:02 pm at 5:02 pm |
  20. C. Farrell, Houston, Tx

Jay-Z and Beyonce both have been asked and have accepted invitations from leaders around the World and with all due respect, the same should be done in the country they love and represent. Enough said.

March 5, 2010 05:05 pm at 5:05 pm |
  21. Guest

March 5, 2010 05:11 pm at 5:11 pm |
  22. DemocratsAreEvil

What's not mentioned is the other people at the table: Rev. Wright, Van Jones, The New Black Panther Party, Rev. Sharpton, Jesse Jackson, and some other Chicago thugs doling off the gub-mints reparation hand-outs.

March 5, 2010 05:15 pm at 5:15 pm |
  23. jules sand-perkins

The comment by "a proud member..." made me remember why I never know what's on Oprah's show: I work.
    If nobody will give you a job, make one for yourself. Working is more fun than watching TV, and you just might become one of the despised rich.

March 5, 2010 05:22 pm at 5:22 pm |
  24. Randolph Carter, I'm no expert but....

How come Ween never get to do anything cool like that? Have a nice day!

March 5, 2010 05:24 pm at 5:24 pm |
  25. Randolph Carter, I'm no expert but....

Guest March 5th, 2010 5:11 pm ET

"Does anyone else have a problem with the fact that Jay-Z is wearing his sunglasses and appears to be on the phone?
    Wow, they are given the privledge to enter into parts of the White House that is not open to everyone, and this is the level of respect that is shown? Very disappointing. Not that I expect more from celebrities, but if I would have done something like that as a kid, or even now as an adult, my parents would have let me have it. Oh yeah, and nice tee shirt. Thanks for dressing up for your visit to the White House."

That picture was taken at a basketball game, Einstein. Have a nice weekend!

March 5, 2010 05:26 pm at 5:26 pm |