March 21st, 2010

Source: Obama 'getting updates' as health care vote approaches

Washington (CNN) - As the clock ticks down to a critical health care reform vote on Capitol Hill Sunday, a White House official said President Obama is “in the West Wing, getting updates, dropping in on staff, and like the rest of America, examining the rubble of his bracket.”

The official added that Obama “made a surprise appearance at an 11:00 a.m. meeting of senior staff,” and is “preparing to make and take member phone calls as we move toward the vote.”

Filed under: Health care • President Obama
  1. ER

America needs health-care reform now. People are dying for a better health care everyday! I already know who I'm waiting for in the next general election.

March 21, 2010 03:12 pm at 3:12 pm |
  2. Karen Herwig

I don't care what the Republicans say about the costs. They sure didn't worry about how 2 needless wars would be funded, but they are sure worried about helping the people that are going broke paying for health care. I am broke and will have to file bankruptcy due to medical D (thanks to the Bush Administration). The Republicans just care about themselves. I do think that a deal or whatever "Abortions" should be paid for, as I am prolife and a democrat. Please get this bill passed.

March 21, 2010 03:18 pm at 3:18 pm |
  3. Claudia, Houston, Tx

People are as dumb as rocks, paying for hospitals and health care in the Middle East but don't want to pay to cover American citizens. Yes, that's right and the Republicans voted for that but think you don't deserve the same or better. Don't be as dumb as a rock. THINK.

March 21, 2010 03:19 pm at 3:19 pm |
  4. sensible Cape Coral FL

Win or lose, President Obama deserves a lot of credit for trying. He's doing something for people which is more than you can say about the Republicans. Name one bill they passed that was designed solely to HELP the American people – you know us little ones without big bank accounts.

March 21, 2010 03:22 pm at 3:22 pm |
  5. jules sand-perkins

For what are they waiting?
    Democrats said they had the votes this morning. I think that Obama will see that the vote is taken as soon as it will pass.
    Well, it's 3:30 PM.
    So vote already.
    If you've got the goods, show us.

March 21, 2010 03:32 pm at 3:32 pm |
  6. Jon

I wish Obama would would as hard on the unemployment problem as he has on his appearance/speech schedule!

March 21, 2010 03:47 pm at 3:47 pm |