March 22nd, 2010

Health care vitals: Red state Dems who voted yes

Washington (CNN) - Several House Democrats who voted in favor of the Senate health care plan represent districts that Republican John McCain carried in the 2008 presidential race.

Democrats who voted “Yes” in districts won by McCain in 2008

Nick Rahall	WV-3
John Salazar	CO-3
John Spratt Jr.	SC-5
Charles Wilson	OH-6

Filed under: Health care • Health care vote count
  1. Tish - Obama 2012!

Racist Republicans have once again shown their true colors! Thank God for the Democrats! Nancy Pelosi is a Great American Hero! Democrats will win in November because we are UNITED!! Yes We Can! Yes We Will!

March 22, 2010 09:50 am at 9:50 am |
  2. ProfBill

I see brave people I am going to support financially in the upcoming election to ensure they win RE-ELECTION...

March 22, 2010 10:01 am at 10:01 am |
  3. Dee G - CT Voter

Finally! Some people with courage to stand up for not only what THEY believe in, but what they're contituents believe in!!!

March 22, 2010 10:03 am at 10:03 am |
  4. Lori

Yesterday I witnessed what true Americans and true Christians would do in face of stiff objection. These red states Dems and the other Democrats who voted 'yes' to this bill, put the LIVES of 32 million men, women and children ahead of money, special interests, ridiculous rhetoric of an 'evil government takeover', etc. They stood up for what is right. Congrats!!! Now, we have to show our support for the Democrats next election!

March 22, 2010 10:04 am at 10:04 am |
  5. Rachelraye49

Thank you so much for doing what needed to be done for such a long long time. Not all Americans are against this health reform bill. I'm not and I have good insurance. But I feel for my fellow Americans who work hard every day and do not have the luxury of health insurance. I know what I'm talking about because my daughter is one of those people. She works at the airport with a contracting firm that simply doesn't offer health insurance. So when she's ill her parents (myself and her father has to foot her bills). Thanks again Mr. President for not bending on this issue.

March 22, 2010 10:07 am at 10:07 am |
  6. Sam

Yes, here in West Virginia, we will remember in November both Rahall and Mollohan, two long term political hacks whose careers may finally be coming to an end. They supported Obama in 2008 when their own state's Democratic voters supported Hillary Clinton. They signed on to the Obama agenda when West Virginia decisively supported John McCain in the general election. They have sold out their state's economy (coal) to support Obama's environmental politics. And now they have ignoed their state's motto - Mountaineers are always free – to subject us to government-run health care. They do NOT represent the people of the 1st and 3rd Congressional Districts. May the voters rise up in November and toss them out!

March 22, 2010 10:13 am at 10:13 am |
  7. Stop taking my taxes

THat pos in Virginia is done!!!!!!!! I am so sick of part of this country having to put supported by the rest. Get a job you did beat or go back to your home land.

March 22, 2010 10:15 am at 10:15 am |
  8. Gale Shipman

Too bad, so sad, goodbye.

March 22, 2010 10:16 am at 10:16 am |
  9. Proud to be part of NO

Hey Harry, thanks for not returning my calls or even taking a position on the bill until you walked onto the floor. Very typical of you this past year. Can I help you pack your boxes this November?

March 22, 2010 10:19 am at 10:19 am |
  10. Marti

You people who think this is good for the country are living in Neverland. Wake up and pay attention.

March 22, 2010 10:23 am at 10:23 am |
  11. haren

Come November and these democrats will soundly defeat their republican opponent.
    Economy will improve and will have bigger majority of democrats in congress.
    Biggest blunder by republican leadership by listening to Senator Demint and other southern republicans.
    This will be their waterloo.

March 22, 2010 10:24 am at 10:24 am |
  12. rachel

this bill was not bipartisan on medicare and social security even though they were dem plans they had republican support these don't. I hate the idea that the congress person I vote for goes against the will of the people in his/her state or his/her district. I don't beleive I will be voting for any incumbent this november I think they all need to go.

March 22, 2010 10:28 am at 10:28 am |
  13. marty

I have great Healthcare for the rest of my life, because I'm retired military. The rest of america deserve the same. God bless these Reps that voted yes, your true reward will be in heaven.

March 22, 2010 10:31 am at 10:31 am |
  14. Herman M

These people are courageous and true heros. Thank you all.

March 22, 2010 10:43 am at 10:43 am |
  15. Dawn Ada, Oh

Thank you Charles Wilson of OHIO. I will do what I can to help you stay in office. We know for sure you are for the middle and lower class of this country and we will repay you by putting you back into office.

March 22, 2010 10:43 am at 10:43 am |
  16. a little sad

phoenix86 March 22nd, 2010 1:32 am ET

These 17 best have employment plans after November. They will be unemployed after the next election.

************************

Glad you recognize these congressmans' courage and patriotism, by voting for the American people rather than their own self-interest.

Too bad we don't have a single Republican who would do the same.

Some may lose their seat, but not all, and there will be repubs paying dearly for their "party of NO" patisan votes which do not consider the needs of their constituents.

March 22, 2010 10:45 am at 10:45 am |
  17. CH-R

Thanks to all of them for not dining on all of the Red Herrings that were served up by the 'Part of No.'

March 22, 2010 10:46 am at 10:46 am |
  18. barbara

Mark March 22nd, 2010 1:31 am ET
    But like the civil rights bill when Republicans were against it in the 60s, those who voted NO will only be looked at in history as poor outdated old fools.
    -Where did you get the idea that Republicans were against civil rights? You better go back and read the history, and read the government documents that show exactly how dems and republicans voted for that bill. You will find that JFK himself was not in favor of the civil rights bill (in 1957). If you dig deep enough you will find that there is a very good reason why the Dem party was called the Party of Slavery. Congressional votes on civil rights acts, do not lie.

March 22, 2010 10:51 am at 10:51 am |
  19. Angry SC-5 Constituent

John Spratt you have let the majority of your constituents down. Just because your brother-in-law is the former ceo of Bank of America doesn't mean you should be our representative

March 22, 2010 10:54 am at 10:54 am |