March 24th, 2010

People: Palin, Discovery reach deal for TV show

Sarah Palin has inked a television deal, People Magazine reports.
Sarah Palin has inked a television deal, People Magazine reports.

(CNN) – Sarah Palin is branching out beyond politics, striking a deal with the Discovery Channel for a program spotlighting her home state of Alaska, People Magazine reports.

According to People, a source with the cable network says the former Alaska governor and Discovery have finally struck a deal after weeks of negotiations that involved several networks. A source told CNN earlier this month that Palin had been pitching a show that would be a "Planet Earth-style" documentary about Alaska.

The Palin source also told CNN of the proposed show: "It's not going to be focused on her family, or in her house, or in Wasilla."

Variety reported Tuesday the show is expected to be called "Sarah Palin's Alaska" and the former Republican vice presidential nominee will likely nab $1 million an episode.

Representatives of the Discovery Channel would not confirm the reports to CNN.

Filed under: Popular Posts • Sarah Palin
  1. chris

i am a fan of the discover channel and really hope that this does not go through

March 24, 2010 02:17 pm at 2:17 pm |
  2. Jessica

Is Sarah Palin's Alaska different from regular Alaska? No, i wont be tuning in to find out...I just think the title says all that needs to be said.

March 24, 2010 02:19 pm at 2:19 pm |
  3. John

Discovery Channel just lost one of its viewers.
    You made the same mistake that McCain made.

March 24, 2010 02:20 pm at 2:20 pm |
  4. JacksonsHole

Oh good. Another reason to not watch the Discovery Channel. Thanks!

March 24, 2010 02:21 pm at 2:21 pm |
  5. Mary from MN

I will make it a point to never watch the Discovery Channel again.

March 24, 2010 02:22 pm at 2:22 pm |
  6. AEK

Dear Technical Department at Cox Cable,
    Please send me the directions for blocking stations on my cable box. It appears I am going to need that information for the first time. I would also appreciate a list of the sponsors for this program for obvious reasons.
    Thank you!

March 24, 2010 02:22 pm at 2:22 pm |
  7. Bill

Oh good, maybe we can see Sarah machine gunning a family of wolves, and then copter over and take out a mama grizzly and her cubs, and then up to club some baby seals, and then over to harpoon some whales, and then up to spear a polar bear and then over to poison some bald eagles.

It will be a "I hate God's creatures, so I'm going to kill them all" show!!!

Congratulations Discovery for sinking to a new low!

March 24, 2010 02:22 pm at 2:22 pm |
  8. Doug,lib jersey

Discovery should do a series on the foaming of the mouth effect Palin has on evil, socialist Maobama-bots!

March 24, 2010 02:22 pm at 2:22 pm |
  9. Stevie

I wonder if aerial wolf culling will be part of the show?

March 24, 2010 02:22 pm at 2:22 pm |
  10. Squigman

Everything not worth knowing.

March 24, 2010 02:23 pm at 2:23 pm |
  11. Bill NY

Goodbye Discovery Channel. I will ask my provider to remove this channel.

March 24, 2010 02:24 pm at 2:24 pm |
  12. hobart

Guess I'll now be blocking the Discovery Channel on my home televisions, where it can join Faux News as channels my TVs will not display. Although there's much I like on the Discovery Channel, the network needs to get the message that endorsing Sarah endorses her loathsome lies and hate speech, and I will no longer support it.

March 24, 2010 02:24 pm at 2:24 pm |
  13. Susan

Can't believe the Discovery Channel would pay Palin $1 million ... there must be someone/anyone else who would be better for the job!

March 24, 2010 02:24 pm at 2:24 pm |
  14. mary

Is there anyone that doesn't now believe that the Palins were out for the money all along. This political thing was just a stepping stone. Typical Republican, anything for the buck, especially when it has all those zeros. Keep it up Palinites you're making her very rich!

March 24, 2010 02:25 pm at 2:25 pm |
  15. stop the nonsense

And they say Democrats waste money!

March 24, 2010 02:26 pm at 2:26 pm |
  16. rdepontb

Sure, and why not? She is very well-suited to that role.

March 24, 2010 02:27 pm at 2:27 pm |
  17. Joseph B

Are you kidding me? $1 million per episode? I like Discovery – but this is ridiculous...

March 24, 2010 02:27 pm at 2:27 pm |
  18. kyle from ohio

AS much as i watch the Discovery Channel, that is one show i will miss on purpose, Discovery, a Quitter has a show called by their name next to the state they quit on. You can do better than that.

March 24, 2010 02:28 pm at 2:28 pm |
  19. Kate

I for one won't be watching Discovery channel. I have always watched it but this goes too far. Why give her the honors of doing this. Many more people would do a better job. She is only in it for the money.

March 24, 2010 02:28 pm at 2:28 pm |
  20. Brink

This one American who is not interested in knowing anything about "Sarah Palin's Alaska". This woman will do anything for money.

March 24, 2010 02:29 pm at 2:29 pm |
  21. Felonious Monk

It's official, she is now a celebrity and can begin hating herself.

Will she incite violence against herself?

She never has done anything for "the people," it has always, ALWAYS, been about the money. This is proof positive.

Do you still support her now?

March 24, 2010 02:29 pm at 2:29 pm |
  22. Ken in NC

The Discovery Channel has every right to invest it's money in any manner it so chooses. Since I am of the mind that this Palin venture would be a waste of money, I am thankful that I have a remote with and "ON/OFF button and with my college degree FROM ONE COLLEGE, I am qualified to operate it.

March 24, 2010 02:29 pm at 2:29 pm |
  23. billy

So the woman who sued the federal govt to keep polar bears and beluga whales off the endangered list, who paved the way for a strip mine on a major salmon run, a woman who doesn't believe in science (is a creationist) is doing a planet earth type program??

Good bye Discovery channel for me.

March 24, 2010 02:30 pm at 2:30 pm |
  24. Carmelle

Good for you girl! Go and don't come back.

March 24, 2010 02:31 pm at 2:31 pm |
  25. Too True For You

Oooohhh, I hope they don't attack her by asking tough, gotcha questions like, "What are those fish called?" or "Is that a grizzly bear or a Kodiak?" The Discovery channel is, after all, one of them commie librul public television-like shows.

But, it probably won't matter. Any takers that she'll pull a Palin and quit after going all mavricky and refusing to have the director tell her what to do?

March 24, 2010 02:31 pm at 2:31 pm |