March 24th, 2010

People: Palin, Discovery reach deal for TV show

Sarah Palin has inked a television deal, People Magazine reports.
Sarah Palin has inked a television deal, People Magazine reports.

(CNN) – Sarah Palin is branching out beyond politics, striking a deal with the Discovery Channel for a program spotlighting her home state of Alaska, People Magazine reports.

According to People, a source with the cable network says the former Alaska governor and Discovery have finally struck a deal after weeks of negotiations that involved several networks. A source told CNN earlier this month that Palin had been pitching a show that would be a "Planet Earth-style" documentary about Alaska.

The Palin source also told CNN of the proposed show: "It's not going to be focused on her family, or in her house, or in Wasilla."

Variety reported Tuesday the show is expected to be called "Sarah Palin's Alaska" and the former Republican vice presidential nominee will likely nab $1 million an episode.

Representatives of the Discovery Channel would not confirm the reports to CNN.

Filed under: Popular Posts • Sarah Palin
  1. Sandy

I'll be sure to miss it!

March 24, 2010 03:50 pm at 3:50 pm |
  2. JHL

Look folks,

All she really wants is to make some money and exit gracefully thereafter. She'll end up on "Dancing with the Stars" or in the Iditarod if there's appearance money. And who among us wouldn't? You betcha!

March 24, 2010 03:51 pm at 3:51 pm |
  3. Ishtar

So long Discovery Channel. Now we can subscribe to a lowere tier on cable and save money.

March 24, 2010 03:52 pm at 3:52 pm |
  4. notfooledtx

I wouldn't waste the electricity on anything palin is involved with.

She's turned into a cheap huckster, chasing a buck.

March 24, 2010 03:52 pm at 3:52 pm |
  5. Mike K

She's perfect for a role involving Discovery. It would be hard to find another human on the planet with more potential to make brand new discoveries than Sarah Palin. The quantity of material is almost limitless.

March 24, 2010 03:53 pm at 3:53 pm |
  6. dora

Yeah that's some liberal media you got there.
    You betcha!
    When will the Quitter from Twitter go away?
    Will she quit the show half way through?
    Will she explain how she escaped the evil socialist healthcare she went over the border to get in Canada?
    Will she ever have a press conference (as opposed to the patty cake sessions she's had so far)?

March 24, 2010 03:53 pm at 3:53 pm |
  7. Joe Gaines

so what is discovery go help Palin do she already see Russia from her house

March 24, 2010 03:53 pm at 3:53 pm |
  8. geecee

I used to like the Discovery Channel. But lately with their "Ghost Hunters" programs and the like, I am beginning to think they are desperate for something to fill their airtime. I don't mind a story on Alaska as it is a beautiful State, but why involve Palin is beyond me. I won't watch it if it's hosted by her. What an insult!

March 24, 2010 03:53 pm at 3:53 pm |
  9. AJ

Everyone but right wing lunatics should now boycott Discovery TV. This is outrageous!

March 24, 2010 03:54 pm at 3:54 pm |
  10. Democrat

As long as she is not talking about politics she'll do fine, God bless Sarah Palin.

March 24, 2010 03:55 pm at 3:55 pm |
  11. harvey

Episode 1: how to shoot a wolf from a helicopter with an automatic assault rifle – guest star Dick Cheney
    Episode 2: how I cheated Alaska taxpayers out of thousands by illegally requesting reimbursement for family trips – guest star Mark Sanford
    Episode 3: First Dude nabbed for no-show oil industry job – guest star Bernie Kerik (via webcast from prison)

March 24, 2010 03:55 pm at 3:55 pm |
  12. fitz

That is one show I will not watch. Maybe it is one channel I will avoid in the future as it obviously caters to the uneducated and uninformed. Will it be science based or based on Biblical interpretation?

March 24, 2010 03:56 pm at 3:56 pm |
  13. Sheila

I encourage everyone with a brain, not to watch this ignorant , hateful woman. She is the spawn of the DEVIL!

March 24, 2010 03:57 pm at 3:57 pm |
  14. David/Kissimmee FL

I'm shocked the discovery channel wants this dumb as a box of rocks to host anything. And I wish she would say she stop being governor for big MONEY, she gotten rich.

March 24, 2010 03:57 pm at 3:57 pm |
  15. toomanythngs

Need to call AT&T and ask to have Discovery channel blocked.

March 24, 2010 03:58 pm at 3:58 pm |
  16. KMAN

I'll be boycotting the Discovery Channel ... I'm sure they could have come up with a more knowledgeable and certainly a more likeable person to represent the State of Alaska ... how pathetic if she's the best they've got to offer! It looks like the Discovery Channel has now discovered partisan politics and their selection of her will obviously limit the show's appeal to sane Americans.!

March 24, 2010 03:58 pm at 3:58 pm |
  17. Maddox

Wonderful!! Pailin can now point to the educated viewers on Discovery where Russia really is. Maybe the Tea partiers can learn something from her.

March 24, 2010 03:59 pm at 3:59 pm |
  18. Pamela Porter

I don't trust her. She is not honest and only out to make a buck.

Austin, TX

March 24, 2010 03:59 pm at 3:59 pm |
  19. Phillip Bunn

As much as I have enjoyed the "Discovery Channel" in the past, I will no longer be watching. Any "media" channel that hires an idiotic strumpet like Sarah Palin, for any reason, will no longer get my support; furthermore, I would love to kick John McCain right square in his aged ass for unleasing that "Moss Mountain Moron" on the general public. If he was still cognizant ( of anything) he would be ashamed of himself.

March 24, 2010 04:00 pm at 4:00 pm |
  20. Kirk in upstate New York

...and I liked the Discovery Channel. This is crazy.

March 24, 2010 04:02 pm at 4:02 pm |
  21. PROUD CANADIAN

I'm cancelling my subscription to that channel,... if my cable company carries the show. That woman is just plain evil,.. and i'm not going to contribute to her income.

March 24, 2010 04:02 pm at 4:02 pm |
  22. Russ, Benton, AR

OH MY! Is Sarah going to show all of us where we can see Russia from her front porch.

March 24, 2010 04:02 pm at 4:02 pm |
  23. Linda

SP is nothing more than a disgrace to women. When will she just shut the H up and go away? Stop covering her increasingly idiotic antics!

March 24, 2010 04:03 pm at 4:03 pm |
  24. amo/ca

I did not know that the state of Alaska belongs to Sarah Palin. When did that happen? Maybe Russia belongs to her too. That is a joke.
    That women is a joke, but at least due to some other not so smart people she will be rich very rich.

March 24, 2010 04:04 pm at 4:04 pm |
  25. Charlie in Maine

If I promise to watch will she promise to never run for anything ever again? If she will I will. In fact I will by any product advertised on her show as often as humanly possible. Given that her day job is stoking the fires of right-wing lunacy I hope she does well on TV. Maybe she will quit her day job.

March 24, 2010 04:04 pm at 4:04 pm |